PDA

View Full Version : Supremes [[Jean, Mary, Lynda) live: Love the one you're with/Stoned Love

test

smark21
05-25-2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCRihbK8vtM

Audio only.

sup_fan
05-30-2013, 03:51 PM
any info on the location and date of this recording? sounds great

supremester
06-03-2013, 05:07 PM
This is a great clip on LTOYW. Lynda was the ideal choice to do the speaking - she was an incredible addition to the group in that respect aside from her strong vocals. When I interviewd Gil, he spoke at great length about this line-up, his fave, and wistfully mentioned how sad he was to see that group break up. He worked at keeping them together but it was, without starting a war here, "............beyond repair." Although he had been dividing the majority of his time between Diana & JMC/JML, after JML split, he chose to concentrate on Diana and The Temptations. I don't know if he did charts for them after JML, but I don't think he toured with them - except to keep the sound correct perhaps like he did most acts in the 60's.

franjoy56
06-04-2013, 10:45 PM
This is a great clip on LTOYW. Lynda was the ideal choice to do the speaking - she was an incredible addition to the group in that respect aside from her strong vocals. When I interviewd Gil, he spoke at great length about this line-up, his fave, and wistfully mentioned how sad he was to see that group break up. He worked at keeping them together but it was, without starting a war here, "............beyond repair." Although he had been dividing the majority of his time between Diana & JMC/JML, after JML split, he chose to concentrate on Diana and The Temptations. I don't know if he did charts for them after JML, but I don't think he toured with them - except to keep the sound correct perhaps like he did most acts in the 60's.
Love the one your with was a true staple in the early 70's Supremes repertoire and it kept the R&B early disco flavor in the act.