PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin taking June off, postponing shows for medical treatment

test

sunshineonacloudyday
05-22-2013, 04:05 AM
Associated Press--
LOS ANGELES -- Aretha Franklin is taking off the month of June.

A spokesman for the 71-year-old singer says Franklin will reschedule two shows and resume her touring schedule in July.

Publicist David Brokaw provided no other details Tuesday.

Franklin announced earlier this month that she would cancel scheduled performances in Chicago and Connecticut this week to undergo medical treatment. She did not specify what type of treatment she was receiving.

Franklin appeared on the season finale of "American Idol" last week via satellite, singing a medley of her hits with the show's female finalists.
---

jobeterob
05-22-2013, 01:06 PM
LOL, good old Aretha...........a press release cuz she is taking a month off and rescheduling two shows. She either doesn't have enough to do or continues to have a very high opinion
of herself or both. But she does not get referred to as the Queen of Soul! But maybe she really is ill. She is lucky to have got as far as she has given the health issues the weight could have caused.

reese
05-22-2013, 01:46 PM
I suppose she doesn't want people thinking that she cancelled for less than legitimate reasons, something she has been accused of in the past.

I heard about the cancellation of these shows a few weeks ago because I was going to attend one of them Memorial Day weekend. The news broke right before she appeared at McDonald's Gospelfest. I was lucky enough to catch that performance. She was good, but seemed to be operating on low energy, something I attributed to her medical condition.

RossHolloway
05-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know what exactly her medical condition is? I never did hear what caused her to lose a bunch of weight about a year and a half- two years ago. Anyone have any idea?

reese
05-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know what exactly her medical condition is? I never did hear what caused her to lose a bunch of weight about a year and a half- two years ago. Anyone have any idea?

I have no idea what is happening currently. But her health scare back in 2010 was the result of a tumor, which she revealed to Soledad O'Brien. She didn't elaborate any further except to say that the surgery she had was expected to add 20 years to her life.

midnightman
05-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Makes me wonder what that tumor was but of course Aretha doesn't tattle tell so it's just assumption. But when she said the surgery added 15-20 years, I assumed what Patti and them were saying: it was something cancerous. Of course that's just assumption and I rather she handle that in private, but it makes you wonder if she was really telling the truth.