View Full Version : Did anyone catch prince on the billboard awards

test

glencro
05-20-2013, 09:08 AM
He's still the man!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__eci6YNWfg

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
05-20-2013, 10:21 AM
I agree!! Prince and Bruno Mars were great. The rest fell short IMHO. Too much lip syncing and too little talent.

~~Mary~~

smark21
05-20-2013, 10:23 AM
I heard Kid Rock sarcastically called out those who lipsynch in their performances. And Justin Bieber was boo'ed.

daddyacey
05-26-2013, 02:48 AM
He's been wearing an afro lately. His performance was good. I mean , he's PRINCE. Of course he's been making these stupid statements about only wanting to work with young people. What that means , I don't know. I did hear that he's supposed to be performing at some concerts. I wonder if that has anything to do with the demise of the "Original 7" project and the creation of Morris Day and The "Time" , popping up? That "Original 7" CD was THE BOMB.

splanky
05-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Being that I don't watch tv except for what's posted on youtube, I hadn't seen this til today...
I'm curious as to who were the women playing with him, hmp, guess I'll have to look that up
somewhere. I have to confess I haven't been concerned about anything Prince in more than five years...I mean yes, he is good, but I have enough of his past material to satisfy me and I too was very let down by the Time incident....

midnightman
05-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Prince is always great as a performer, no question about it. That's one of the reasons I'll always admire him.

That being said, yeah, he did screw the Time out of royalties saying the group's name was owned by him, which was kinda messed up. If he had let them use the name, it probably would've added some buzz than the buzz they did get.

cozmic
06-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I wonder if that has anything to do with the demise of the "Original 7" project and the creation of Morris Day and The "Time" , popping up? That "Original 7" CD was THE BOMB.
Shows with the name "Morris Day and The Time" have actually been active for a number of years [[about the mid 90s to present), before the group reunited as O7. An explanation online was that guitarist Jesse Johnson asked at one point which planning there was in the long run for upcoming shows, guest appearances or other promotional work for their "Condensate" album. Besides a few gigs [[including Vegas, etc...), there were no further bookings which apparently Terry Lewis took care of. Jesse then went on tour with D'Angelo. As for Prince's connection, prior to the project the group asked him permission to use "The Time" name for their reunion and if he wanted to collaborate on "Condensate", for which they received a red light. Other than that, there was zero involvement of him and he was more occupied with his NPG band for one of the W2 tours [[might've been the Canada leg) during that time. I have read on the web that the added dvd to "Condensate" explains more about the bidness issues.