PDA

View Full Version : Elgins

test

snakepit
05-16-2013, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbTgd4fQo5c&feature=youtu.be

nosey
05-16-2013, 09:10 PM
What an abomination that this group was allowed to fade into obscurity. Thanks Snakepit!

masterblaster
05-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Great background moves, very Temptationesque. Always loved this song and agree, on the back of this the group should have gone on to greater things. Big opportunity missed for Motown and unfortunate timing for the Elgins. Wth so much great music coming out of Hitsville at the time, they just got lost in the flood!!

JL2648
05-17-2013, 09:12 AM
The Elgins--and this clip--are what has rekindled my Motown interest.

Does anyone have a U. S. tour schedule--or even miscellaneous dates and venues-- where the Elgins played in the 1966-68 period? I'd like to use this to find newspaper clippings on this act.

Jeff

luke
05-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I do believe Heaven Must Have Sent You was expected to be a smash-and why it wasnt , at least in the USA, is one of biggest mysteries ever. Was it promoted? To give the Elgins such a great song they must have been highly regarded. I wonder why Motown seemed to give up on them so quickly. Though Saundra doesnt seem to have quite the charisma of Martha or Brenda...cant really judge from one video.

soulwally
05-17-2013, 04:12 PM
What a place this song has in so many people's hearts. Always bracket it with Kim Weston's Helpless for being from a certain time and place.