PDA

View Full Version : RarestOfTheRare - Motown 45s

test

thomas96
05-15-2013, 03:08 PM
http://www.anorakscorner.com/RarestOfTheRare-Motown45s.html

This website, does anyone know if it is correct in that all of these 45s exist?
I didn't think Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers released "Oh I've Been Blessed" on Gordy, I'm pretty sure it was Bobby solo on V.I.P. Also, after seeing the thread about Motown 1018 this website says it was released, and I believe I've seen it, but I'm not 100% sure. Many others have said it went unreleased and I just don't know.

thomas96
05-15-2013, 03:10 PM
It seems like it's a list of mostly unreleased singles, unless it's correct and there are copies of the 45s listed.

robb_k
05-16-2013, 04:01 AM
I believe that all those for which people have not seen a physical copy or even a scan were just slated for release, but cancelled before any were pressed up. Many of them were probably never even scheduled [[just proposed).

woodward
05-16-2013, 08:33 AM
I believe that all those for which people have not seen a physical copy or even a scan were just slated for release, but cancelled before any were pressed up. Many of them were probably never even scheduled [[just proposed).

I second the above quote. For example, I have a publication that detailed each and every SOUL label release from 35001 through and including 35123. I have seen official printouts provided by a former friend who worked at Motown's LA HQ which stated that 8 in this series had numbers assigned but were "Not Released." Unfortunately, the publication treats them as though they were released when in fact they never were. David Bianco's HEAT WAVE book states that many of these were unissued, and explains how they were shifted to another label and/or release number for the actual release.

thomas96
05-16-2013, 03:34 PM
So most of these aren't really "rarest of the rare," they are simply nonexistent!

woodward
05-16-2013, 04:10 PM
So most of these aren't really "rarest of the rare," they are simply nonexistent!

That appears to be a logical conclusion. Can anyone dispute it?