PDA

View Full Version : A Motown Legend who really needs our help

test

stalebagel
05-14-2013, 11:11 AM
http://blogs.laweekly.com
LA Weekly Blogs - http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2013/05/bernie_yeszin_motown_emmy.php [[http://blogs.laweekly.com)

For the last year, I have been trying to help as many of the Motown people who need our help.

This story was written by the former Detroit Free Press pop music writer -- only after the current occupant of that position chose not to even reach out with a phone call to Bernie in his van.

If you want to help Bernie, please e-mail me privately.

I appreciate the help of those on this forum who truly care.

Thanks!

marv2
05-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Al, this is awful. I will contact you via email. I will also put this link in the current thread about Motown Album Covers.

Marv

thomas96
05-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Have sent you a private message.

stalebagel
05-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks Thomas. Sent you a reply.

Roberta75
05-14-2013, 05:46 PM
http://blogs.laweekly.com
LA Weekly Blogs - [[http://blogs.laweekly.com)http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2013/05/bernie_yeszin_motown_emmy.php

For the last year, I have been trying to help as many of the Motown people who need our help.

This story was written by the former Detroit Free Press pop music writer -- only after the current occupant of that position chose not to even reach out with a phone call to Bernie in his van.

If you want to help Bernie, please e-mail me privately.

I appreciate the help of those on this forum who truly care.

Thanks!

I hope youve been in touch with Mr Berry Gordy and Dr Martha reeves and Miss Diane Ross and Mr Smokey Robinson and Mr Stevie Wonder and Miss Suzanne DePasse have you? I bet theyd like to help this poor man.

Thanks.

Roberta

Thanks

stalebagel
05-16-2013, 10:34 AM
No need to talk with them. What Motown alumni in need have they ever helped? Can you provide a list?

No thanks to them, for the first time in more than a year, Bernie Yeszin spent the night with a real roof over his head.

Bernie and Daisy have a place to live and work and even his car repair issues are being addressed.

The Power of PR.

A special thank you to everyone on the Forum who reached out and expressed their concern.

marv2
05-16-2013, 10:37 AM
No need to talk with them. What Motown alumni in need have they ever helped? Can you provide a list?

No thanks to them, for the first time in more than a year, Bernie Yeszin spent the night with a real roof over his head.

Bernie and Daisy have a place to live and work and even his car repair issues are being addressed.

The Power of PR.

A special thank you to everyone on the Forum who reached out and expressed their concern.

Al, please check your email. Thanks. Marv

JL2648
05-16-2013, 12:52 PM

The Power of PR.

Al, this is wonderful news. I hope this is a permanent solution for Bernie and Daisy or at least as permanent as can be. My best to both of them.

Jeff

Roberta75
05-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Mr Gordy and Diane Ross helped Mary Wells. Maybe that slipped your mind.

The Power of PR.

stalebagel
05-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes Roberta, but how many decades ago was that?

Again, my sincerest and deepest thanks to everyone on the Forum who offered words of encouragement to Bernie -- or even God's Blessings.

Roberta75
05-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Yes Roberta, but how many decades ago was that?

Again, my sincerest and deepest thanks to everyone on the Forum who offered words of encouragement to Bernie -- or even God's Blessings.

It was still a very kind thing that Mr Gordy and Diane Ross did besides you dont know how much they privately donate to charities. do. That said Im real happy Mr Bernie Yeszin has a roof over his head. Homelesness is a epidemic in America which is real sad in the richest country in the world. Go to your downtown mission at Thanksgiving and Christmas and see how many poor souls show up for a hot meal. My church has a free food program and i am always shocked by the number of families with children that show up to our foods pantry every month.

I wish the power of PR could help poor souls from all walks of life.

Roberta.

marv2
05-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Mr Gordy and Diane Ross helped Mary Wells. Maybe that slipped your mind.

I cannot believe you are sitting up here arguing with Al about anything. Diane Ross doesn't help people in need like that. About a year ago, her former manager, Michael Roshkind's daughter took to the internet and practically begged Diana Ross for help and if she would contact them.........Nope! Couldn't do that or when Allan Slutsky the author of "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" went to her and asked if she would say just a few words in praise of the Funk Brothers again...........................NOPE! Now if you want to create an explosion in this thread with some of the fruit loops lurking around here these days, then keep it up!

marv2
05-16-2013, 07:21 PM
It was still a very kind thing that Mr Gordy and Diane Ross did besides you dont know how much they privately donate to charities. do. That said Im real happy Mr Bernie Yeszin has a roof over his head. Homelesness is a epidemic in America which is real sad in the richest country in the world. Go to your downtown mission at Thanksgiving and Christmas and see how many poor souls show up for a hot meal. My church has a free food program and i am always shocked by the number of families with children that show up to our foods pantry every month.

I wish the power of PR could help poor souls from all walks of life.

Roberta.

They weren't alone. It was also very kind of Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Mary Wilson, Anita Baker, Dionne Warwick and am pretty sure Stevie Wonder that also stepped up to help Mary Wells.

Roberta75
05-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Was I addressing you? I respectfully ask you again what I ask you last week. You please put me on ignore and I will happily put you on permanent ignore.

Roberta

imnokid
05-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey Roberta, You were addressing a forum, so any member can reply to your post. If you don't want certain people to see it, send the original poster a private message.

thomas96
05-19-2013, 11:42 AM

The Power of PR.

Fantastic news! Thanks for letting us know.