test

jobeterob
05-13-2013, 10:05 PM
CBS

On Air

The 10 Greatest Songs Featuring Diana Ross

May 13, 2013 3:53 PM

Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images

Diana Ross is one of the most recognized and celebrated names to be birthed from Motown. During her career, she helped influence other female groups from past to present, from The Three Degrees, The Emotions and The Pointer Sisters to TLC and Destiny’s Child. The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, and pop music’s reigning queen diva Beyoncé have cited her as a major influence in their careers. Ross’s catalogue is extensive; with the Supremes, as a solo artist and dueting with other musicians, it contains many memorable, timeless hits.

We collected your votes for nearly two weeks and now it’s time to see what songs made the Top 10 and which was chosen as number one. As you scroll down, you’ll see the competition for the top spot wasn’t very close at all.

10. “Love Child”
[[w/ the Supremes) 1.29% [[Write-in)

AP Photo/Rusty Kennedy
AP Photo/Rusty Kennedy

9. “Where Did Our Love Go?”
[[w/ the Supremes) 1.94%

DOUG KANTER/AFP/Getty Images
DOUG KANTER/AFP/Getty Images

8. “Baby Love” [[w/ the Supremes) 2.58%

AP Photo
AP Photo

7. “Upside Down” 3.87%

Photo by Carlo Allegri/Getty Images
Photo by Carlo Allegri/Getty Images

T-6. “Someday We’ll Be Together”
[[w/ the Supremes) 5.48%

AP Photo/Frings
AP Photo/Frings

T-6. “Love Hangover” 5.48%

Getty Images
Getty Images

4. “Stop In The Name of Love”
[[w/ the Supremes) 5.81%

AP Photo
AP Photo

3. “Endless Love” [[w/ Lionel Ritchie) 6.13%

JIM RUYMEN/AFP/Getty Images
JIM RUYMEN/AFP/Getty Images

2. “Touch Me in the Morning” 8.71%

AP Photo/M. Lederhandler
AP Photo/M. Lederhandler

1. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” 41.29%

Photo by ShowBizIreland/Getty Images
Photo by ShowBizIreland/Getty Images

jobeterob
05-13-2013, 10:07 PM
http://wcbsfm.cbslocal.com/2013/05/13/the-10-greatest-songs-featuring-diana-ross/

thisoldheart
05-14-2013, 12:44 AM
uninspired list, to say the least ...

smark21
05-14-2013, 07:51 AM
Not a very exciting list…obviously picked from the Diana Ross/Supremes songs on the WCBS playlist.

carole cucumber
05-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Not a very exciting list…obviously picked from the Diana Ross/Supremes songs on the WCBS playlist.

Nine out of ten were on the list. Love Child secured the #10 spot as a write-in.

Glenpwood
05-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Would the list have more validity if "Good Morning Heartache" or "We Are The Children Of The World" made it? The casual fans remember all ten of those songs because they were all number ones burned into their minds from years of airplay. This poll obviously wasn't for the die-hard Motown buffs. Perhaps we should have a poll here and see what wins?

Ngroove
05-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Great list, but I kinda think "Upside Down" as well as "I'm Coming Out" [[not on list - seriously "Love Child is more known than "I'm Coming Out??"), as they are both massively well-known feel-good PARTY anthems, should be nos. 2,3, or 4, ahead of "Touch Me In The Morning".