PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson has a new song out

test

Penny
05-10-2013, 10:15 AM
It is called Darling Mother [[Johnnie Mae). You can download it on iTunes or Amazon. It is a very good song. Go get it.

marv2
05-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Here's a bit more info:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/darling-mother-johnnie-mae/id637252169

milven
05-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I think I see why she has had trouble releasing her CD and kept changing the release date in all of her interviews.

She is signed to Motor City Works which was supposed to be distributed by Fonatana Distribution. Fontana does tremendous promotion and has brought many Cd's to number one on various Billboard Charts like R&B and Gospel. Fonatana was partially owned by UMG.

But last year, INgrooves acquired Fontana Distribution from UMG and it is now INgrooves Fontana and I THINK that they only distribute music digitally.

This is just my opinion, not fact. If accurate, she sure has not had any luck with labels. Didn't one of her labels go belly up the day after her CD was released?

Not enough of the song on I-tunes to listen to in order to form an opinion, but I think I will buy it anyhow and hope that I like it. If not, at least I am supporting a former Supreme.

milven
05-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Just found home page for INgrooves Fonatana and they do list vinyl and CDs. So if her song is being released by them, I wonder why she is having trouble releasing the whole CD either digitally or on CD
http://www.ingroovesfontana.com/ingrooves-new-release-ebook/

marv2
05-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I like what I've heard so far.....very dramatic.

midnightman
05-10-2013, 01:22 PM
I think I see why she has had trouble releasing her CD and kept changing the release date in all of her interviews.

She is signed to Motor City Works which was supposed to be distributed by Fonatana Distribution. Fontana does tremendous promotion and has brought many Cd's to number one on various Billboard Charts like R&B and Gospel. Fonatana was partially owned by UMG.

But last year, INgrooves acquired Fontana Distribution from UMG and it is now INgrooves Fontana and I THINK that they only distribute music digitally.

This is just my opinion, not fact. If accurate, she sure has not had any luck with labels. Didn't one of her labels go belly up the day after her CD was released?

Not enough of the song on I-tunes to listen to in order to inform an opinion, but I think I will buy it anyhow and hope that I like it. If not, at least I am supporting a former Supreme.

I figure it was probably a label issue the more I thought about Mary's new album... something was holding it from release.

Roberta75
05-10-2013, 01:40 PM

You should think about buying it to support a former Supreme. I know I am.

Roberta

skooldem1
05-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Releasing songs digitally is the way to go in today's market. But seriously, Mary needs new management. How many times do we have to hear about her signing or releasing music through a label, and then there are "problems"? INGROOVES does in fact release CD's in physical format.

http://www.ingroovesfontana.com/ingrooves-new-release-ebook/

smark21
05-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Just downloaded it. Not a great song by any means, but Mary delivers an impassioned vocal.

thomas96
05-11-2013, 07:38 PM
I think it's pretty good. Not my favorite of hers though.

Roberta75
05-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Its not that great but I bought it to support a former Supreme. If this is for Mothers day Mary should have realesaed it earlier in May or late April.

Roberta

rod_rick
05-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Mary gives a very good vocal performance on this song, but it sounds more like a song that would be in a musical or an album cut because it has no hook. But again Mary sounds great on this song.

milven
05-12-2013, 09:47 AM

You should think about buying it to support a former Supreme. I know I am.

Roberta

I am surprised he hasn’t bought it yet too ! With all his ranting and raving about Miss Wilson, I can’t believe that he would just be happy listening to a few seconds of a free preview..

Just downloaded it. Not a great song by any means, but Mary delivers an impassioned vocal.

I got it from Amazon. Not really commercial in today’s market, and almost six minutes long. But it would make a very good addition to her cabaret shows.

Its not that great but I bought it to support a former Supreme. If this is for Mothers day Mary should have realesaed it earlier in May or late April.

Roberta

You’re right. But as far as a being a Mother’s Day song, it may be too personal. It’s much more a cabaret song for her act. As a Mother’s Day song, it’ll never replace I’ll Always Love My Mama.

mwmr
05-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Gutted can't get this on itunes or amazon in UK. can anyone send me an mp3? pls x

markdtiller
05-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Gutted can't get this on itunes or amazon in UK. can anyone send me an mp3? pls x

Me too, hopefully it will show up in the UK soon.

alexgarret
05-12-2013, 11:39 PM
But what about this?
Youve yet to address how you heard love Hangover months before it was released but carry on marv2 we are onto you.

jobeterob
05-13-2013, 02:14 AM
But what about this?
Youve yet to address how you heard love Hangover months before it was released but carry on marv2 we are onto you.

Diane's bellhop perhaps?

markdtiller
09-26-2013, 05:58 PM
I can't get this in the UK! Will somebody out it on youtube so I can download it

milven
09-26-2013, 06:50 PM

Did you ever buy it?

I can't get this in the UK! Will somebody out it on youtube so I can download it

I bought it. Check your private mail

jobeterob
09-26-2013, 08:10 PM
This happened in May?

How many people know this song, bought it and played it? If the thread had stayed alive, I might have.

Is it still available?

smark21
09-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Yes, you can still get it at Itunes. I also see that the single of Walk the Line is now at Itunes.

jobeterob
09-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I should go checking and buy. Used to be very hard to get any of these rarer types of songs. Thanks.

supremester
09-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Mary's vocal is fantastic here - maybe her best.