PDA

View Full Version : A question on the Vandellas II; Roz and Nettie

test

marybrewster
10-13-2010, 01:07 PM
In the late 1980's/early 1990's and from time to time thereafter, Martha would tour [[and record) with "the Original Vandellas", Roz and Nettie. It seems though that it's been a long time since Martha has done any public appearances with them [[she didn't include either of them in 'Motown 45') and in fact, Roz and Nettie have done quite a few gigs of their own touring as "the Original Vandellas".

Does anyone know what happened? Martha, with Roz and Nettie, have the distinction of being one of the only groups left that toured [[or have the ability to tour) with all of it's original members. What a blessing that is!

marv2
10-13-2010, 01:09 PM
As I said and it really is this simple. They got on Martha's nerves and she liked touring with the "family act" more especially after Victor died.

dickiemint
10-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Thought I remebered seeing a photo of Martha and the Original Vandellas at Motown 45, never seen the TV show just the photo in a UK news paper at the time.

bradsupremes
10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I know Martha used her sisters for Motown 45, which doesn't make sense because she could have easily had Rosalind and Annette sing with her. It was a Motown special, why not use the ladies who actually recorded the songs? In the end, it didn't work for Martha since her segment was cut from the special.

luke
10-13-2010, 06:46 PM
I believe their performance was cut from the final broadcast. I guess they had falling out by then.

marybrewster
10-14-2010, 10:12 AM
On nerves or not, it wouldn't kill Martha to show Roz and Nettie some respect, although it's probably easier to deal with blood than water.

Who is Victor, marv?

marv2
10-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Mary, Victor was Martha's brother and one time drummer. I met him with Martha, Roz and Annette back in the 90's when we all attended Stevie Wonder's Birthday party and concert in the Detroit.