PDA

View Full Version : Kim Weston/TAKE ME IN YOUR ARMS [[ROCK ME A LITTLE WHILE) [1965] - Alternate Take

test

Methuselah2
05-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Written by Holland · Dozier · Holland

This alternate take has so many great touches in it by Kim that I just had to post it for those who might not have heard it. And for those who can't get enough of it.

As wonderfully mounted--and beautifully discussed--on YouTube by Tomovox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOEwslR4o6Y

nosey
05-07-2013, 05:58 PM
I love the soulfulness of it. When I think of Motown besides My Girl, this ranks #2.

mowest
05-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I love the soulfulness of it. When I think of Motown besides My Girl, this ranks #2.

Definitely one of the best recordings to come out of Motown. It still blows my mind that it did not become a top 10 pop hit.

robb_k
05-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Interesting to hear this alternate take. It has more energy in specific places. But, overall, it's a lot more uneven, and on the released version, her vocal is a lot smoother. I think Quality Control made the right decision with the cut released.

Kamasu_Jr
05-08-2013, 05:39 AM
Is that the alternate take on the kim weston motown anthology?

rrussi
05-08-2013, 02:06 PM
I like this version better as on the issued version I keep hearing her saying, on the chorus,
"rock Kim a little while". Does anyone else hear it???

theboyfromxtown
05-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Is that the alternate take on the kim weston motown anthology?

Yes it is Kamasu

144man
05-08-2013, 05:15 PM
I like this version better as on the issued version I keep hearing her saying, on the chorus,
"rock Kim a little while". Does anyone else hear it???

I've also noticed that she sings "rock Kim", but it has never particularly bothered me.

Methuselah2
05-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I hear "rock Kim" on this alternate version just as I do on the released one. Always thought it was a nice touch.

When BACK IN MY ARMS AGAIN came out--which I was crazy about--I just loved that Mary and Flo were mentioned in the lyrics. One of so many wonderful HDH touches in their superlative works.

But I've always wondered if "rock Kim" was Kim's own tasty touch.