PDA

View Full Version : good news for a change

test

tamla617
10-13-2010, 08:45 AM
with all the usual bad news,wars,terrorism and the economic downturn...

the sight of the rescued miners in chile coming to the surface is absolutley brilliant!

marv2
10-13-2010, 08:54 AM
It was! God Bless them, their families and the rescuers!

soulster
10-13-2010, 09:03 AM
I was impressed to see them all come up with so much energy. It makes one wish they were there to greet them too.

144man
10-13-2010, 09:27 AM
12 up, 21 to go. I hope they never have to work down a mine again.

jobeterob
10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Totally agree. It's great.

But I think they need to send 30 American politicians down for 60 days just to smarten them up. They would understand "working together" and the basics of life a lot better on Day 2.

soulster
10-13-2010, 12:57 PM
The difference between the U.S. and Chile? In the U.S., there would have been lots of cover-ups and lies, the corporations would take control, the governments hands would be tied, and the whole incident would be used as political football. And people would have died.

skooldem1
10-13-2010, 06:19 PM
The difference between the U.S. and Chile? In the U.S., there would have been lots of cover-ups and lies, the corporations would take control, the governments hands would be tied, and the whole incident would be used as political football. And people would have died.

I agree. It would have been politicized and people would have died.

smark21
10-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Who's to say that it hasn't been politicized inside Chile? We're outsiders and may not be informed of all the nuances in Chile. What will be interesting is what will happen in the coming months. Will film producers be running to Chile waving around money for the film rights to the story [[ies)? I bet that will happen and it won't be long before the miners and their families will be at each other's throats.

funky_fresh
10-13-2010, 06:49 PM

Have you ever heard of Augusto Pinochet...you know what, never mind

I'm sure Chile would welcome you with open arms. Even on a thread that was meant to be positive in nature, you still find a way to sit around and dog the country that gives you the right to... sit around and dog your country. I'm sure your man Obama would be proud.

http://www.myptsmail.com/hotdog256/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/benedict_arnold.jpg

StuBass1
10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Truth be told...if it wasn't for American technology, engineers, and yes...corporations...those miners would likelybhave never gotten out. It was Americans who designed the drill ...never before used to drill such a large hole, which got through so quickly. Also...the Chileian President took a huge political gamble guarenteeing they would rescue the miners. His popularity has increased 20 points since the drill got through. If it hadn't worked...he would have bwcome political "toast".

tamla617
10-14-2010, 08:10 AM
american drill bits,german steel winch cable,nasa expertise.never been done before technology,never rescued from so deep.

it doesnt matter who did what and for what reason.aslong as it worked.
i dont need the what if 'cos it doesnt matter
i forgot chilean grit and determination.

arrr&bee
10-14-2010, 11:46 AM
You'd like to think that a new form of mining would've been invented by now that doesn't involve sending men deep into the earth to retrieve these minerals,we keep talking about going into outer space,we'd better get a grip on going into inner space.