PDA

View Full Version : Live footage of Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers

test

thomas96
05-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Has anyone ever seen any footage of them live? I've been thinking and I've seen just about every other group from the late 60's, but not them. I know they had a few live songs released on a Revue album, but I've never seen any footage. If you have a link to any footage, that would be fantastic!

RossHolloway
05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
I've never seen live footage of BT&TV either nor have I ever seen any live footage of the Isley Brothers from their Motown years either...

thomas96
05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
I've never seen live footage of BT&TV either nor have I ever seen any live footage of the Isley Brothers from their Motown years either...

Oh very true, forgot about them. Also haven't seen any shows of Chris Clark, the Monitors, the Elgins, or Edwin Starr from that time period.

johnny_raven
05-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Elgins on Swingin' Time [[Sept 10, 1966) ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhumAMG7ZPk [[Put Yourself In My Place)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbTgd4fQo5c [[Heaven Must Have Sent You)

johnny_raven
05-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Edwin Starr from Up Beat, 1970

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-2pNCZiNk [[War)

Kamasu_Jr
05-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers appeared on Swingin' Time at least once, almost every Motown act in the Sixties was on that show. Ditto for the Monitors and Chris Clark. Motown would book the Vancouvers and Clark on local Detroit TV shows during Motown Revues at the Fox.

carole cucumber
05-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Chris Clark was backed on the British 'Top Of the Pops' by Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers. Stills are in the booklets for the U.K. Bobby Taylor Anthology and the Reel Music edition of 'Soul Sounds' .
But is the video available anywhere?

thomas96
05-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Chris Clark was backed on the British 'Top Of the Pops' by Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers. Stills are in the booklets for the U.K. Bobby Taylor Anthology and the Reel Music edition of 'Soul Sounds' .
But is the video available anywhere?

I don't think she was backed by Bobby as well. I've heard of that, but I'm pretty sure when Bobby left the group thats when the Vancouvers started backing Chris Clark.

carole cucumber
05-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Paul Nixon doesn't post here much anymore, but his research is usually spot on. In the booklet for The Bobby Taylor Motown Anthology, he indicates that the group toured with Chris Clark and split up only after Bobby discovered the Jackson 5 and brought them to Motown.

144man
05-04-2013, 07:22 AM
I saw Chris Clark backed by the Vancouvers at the Seville theatre, London, in the 60s, and that pre-dated "Does Your Mama Know About Me". The group weren't billed in the programme, and were just introduced as the Vancouvers. I remember them singing the Temptations' "Fading Away" in their act.

splanky
05-04-2013, 09:30 AM
and here I thought there was going to actually BE live footage of Bobby Taylor on this thread...in the future a question mark in the title could save some folks a lot of time...just saying...

thomas96
05-04-2013, 11:36 AM
and here I thought there was going to actually BE live footage of Bobby Taylor on this thread...in the future a question mark in the title could save some folks a lot of time...just saying...

I'm sorry about that splanky. If i could, or knew how to edit it I would add a question mark to clarify that.

splanky
05-04-2013, 01:20 PM
No, I'm the one sorry, thomas. I was in a funk over something else this morning...I told myself
awhile ago I wouldn't post anywhere when I felt like that but I slipped today. It's a very valid
subject and I wish I could find a link somewhere. Maybe someone else will eventually...