PDA

View Full Version : 2 Years Ago - Remembering Barbara Gilliam of The Fuzz

test

juicefree20
08-06-2010, 04:36 AM
I was going through some files, when I remembered that 2 years ago this week, we lost Barbara Gilliam of The Fuzz. Barbara is center in the photo below:

I just wanted to remember Barbara who along with Sheila & Val will always hold a special place in my heart. It's hard to believe that 2 years have passed.

Barbara Gilliam - R.I.P.

GeeTee(HPK)
08-06-2010, 05:09 AM
R.i.p. :[[

solemannking
08-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Juice my Brother, you know how i feel about The Fuzz. May Barbara continue to R.I.P

KevLo
08-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi this is Kev-Lo

The Fuzz was a great female trio, Although they did 'nt make too many recordings they still rank with up there with other females groups. R.I.P Barbara

mr_june
08-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks for this thread. Their one and only album has always been a huge favorite of mine. There is not bad song on it and I'm still waiting on a CD version. I wish they had gone on to make more recordings but God's will be done and I thank God for what they were able to do as I appreciated it very much.

juicefree20
08-09-2010, 08:11 PM
GeeTee, SoleMann, Kev & Mr. June, I know where you guys stand where these ladies are concerned & it's good to know that they have many supporters here.

I believe that they should've had extremely successful careers. These girls had the sound & I would've loved to see what they would've accomplished had people handled them & their careers differently. From time to time I've wondered exactly what we've lost musically, that they could've given us.

Sadly, we never got to find out & there's something unfair about that.

mellow_q
08-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Juice,

Thanks for starting this thread.

Marc

juicefree20
08-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Marc,

It's definitely my pleasure. I'm in Oriental, N.C. with ZERO cell phone service & extremely limited internet connectivity, so, I hope that this message gets through.

You know how we both feel about The Fuzz & losing Squirrel, Ron, Ollie & then Al, reminded me that it's been 2 years since we lost Barbara. I said then that I'd never let her passing go unnoticed & I'm just trying to keep my promise.

Thank you for the acknowledgement :)

mr_june
08-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Definitely keep it on your calendar as a reminder for all of us Fuzz fans. I wish someone would try to get a story from Val and Sheila. I sure like to know more about them then and now.