PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Apr 30, 9P-12M ET: Dusty Springfield Tribute with live guest...

test

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Howdy there, "Nightflight" Listeners and Dusty Springfield Fans!! My annual Dusty Springfield tribute will air tonight. And to make it even more special, joining me with be special guest Tom Moulton, who not only knew Dusty but worked with her. Tom joined us last week for my tribute to Vince Montana of MFSB fame, and brought his personal perspective to the show, allowing us to get to know Vince more deeply. Tom will be bringing that same perspective to tonight's Dusty festivities, and I'm very excited and grateful that he is returning to "Nightflight". Tom is also generously sharing with us a few previously unreleased and unaired Dusty mixes that he created.
So...for all this and more...join me on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org/)
Thanks!
John

thomas96
04-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Ughh! I won't be available for this one... Do you record these broadcasts? Would be fantastic to hear from Tom again!

sophisticated_soul
04-30-2013, 06:33 PM
It's great to have Tom Moulton back. And extra great to have him here for the Dusty celebration, to talk about working with and knowing Dusty. Miss Springfield has so many excellent songs I know tonight's music program will be fantastic. I'd love to hear "Everyday I Have To Cry". See you can the gang on the Radiola! Dusty Forever!!!:)

sophisticated_soul
04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Beautiful without make-up.

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Beautiful without make-up.

Ohhhhh...even MORE So!!! Thank you, Joseph....see you on the radioLALALALALALA!

Glenpwood
04-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Looking forward to tonight's playlist and the unheard Dusty mixes... See everyone in a few!

Glenpwood
04-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Oops that should be right side up..... Oh well, it did turn my young ears upside down the first time I played it lol

MotownLover
04-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Howdy John!

:D

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Glen and Howard.....WELCOME friends!!!!

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 09:08 PM
oops that should be right side up..... Oh well, it did turn my young ears upside down the first time i played it lol

hahahah....

sophisticated_soul
04-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Sounds Fantastic! Go Tom!!:cool:

MotownLover
04-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Great stuff! :cool:

BTW, I received Tom's 4-CD Philly Classics Remixes and Vol 1 of the Philly Re-Grooved Remixes yesterday. Superbly remixed tunes. I was in 1970s DISCO 7th Heaven. Those were the days...

Howard in Long Beach, CA

sophisticated_soul
04-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Last time I got "Joe" by Nancy Wilson and this time by Dusty Springfield. I guess happiness is just a thing called Joe! ;)

sophisticated_soul
04-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks Tom for sharing your experiences with Dusty. Totally fascinating - as always. Come back soon!:cool:

sophisticated_soul
04-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks John.! I love her version of "Everyday I Have To Cry". One of my most favorite Dusty tracks. Way ahead of it's time.:cool:

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks John.! I love her version of "Everyday I Have To Cry". One of my most favorite Dusty tracks. Way ahead of it's time.:cool:

My pleasure, my friend!!!

sophisticated_soul
04-30-2013, 10:52 PM
I don't think the song is depressing. I would say it's more introspective. Either way the performance is perfection. Another example of how Dusty could make a cover sound as thought it was tailored just for her. An amazing lady. I miss her.

Glenpwood
04-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Beautiful extension of ITIGTRT John...

MotownLover
04-30-2013, 11:04 PM
"In Private" - One of Dusty's later songs! Beautiful...I remember first seeing her perform this song on one of Dame Edna's shows that I purchased on DVD several years ago. She was SO reserved and almost shy, that I recall. I had hoped you would feature this on the show but couldn't earlier recall the title. Thanks!

Howard in Long Beach, CA :)

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 11:05 PM
I don't think the song is depressing. I would say it's more introspective. Either way the performance is perfection. Another example of how Dusty could make a cover sound as thought it was tailored just for her. An amazing lady. I miss her.

Joe...I so agree!! And I miss her too...just like you....

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Beautiful extension of ITIGTRT John...

Thank you, Mr Wood!!!

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 11:24 PM
"In Private" - One of Dusty's later songs! Beautiful...I remember first seeing her perform this song on one of Dame Edna's shows that I purchased on DVD several years ago. She was SO reserved and almost shy, that I recall. I had hoped you would feature this on the show but couldn't earlier recall the title. Thanks!

Howard in Long Beach, CA :)

My pleasure, Howard!!!

sophisticated_soul
04-30-2013, 11:36 PM
IDWTHIA. Such a lovely song. Thank you, John.:)

sophisticated_soul
04-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Your killing me John! THHAM - I love her version, second only to Baby Washington!:cool:

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 11:41 PM
IDWTHIA. Such a lovely song. Thank you, John.:)

Oh...I know that's one of your favorites....my pleasure, Joe...

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Your killing me John! THHAM - I love her version, second only to Baby Washington!:cool:

I love those too....and i love Wanda's...

midnight johnny
04-30-2013, 11:47 PM
All....Joe, Glen, Howard, Mark, Doc, Marty, and Rich.....thanks for joining me for this tribute to the amazing and so missed Dusty! And thank to Tom Moulton....he's quite a peach...as all of you are!
See you next week...have a good week yourselves!!

sophisticated_soul
05-01-2013, 12:07 AM
I love those too....and i love Wanda's...

Yikes, how could I forget The Marvelettes! Yes, Wanda comes in right after Dusty! Bette Midler's version is excellent too. Great show John! A wonderful selection of Dusty tunes. Thanks again. Thank you one and all!:) See you all next time.:cool:

texassoul
05-01-2013, 12:52 AM
John, I've "rediscovered" David Ruffin's "Love Can Be Hazardous To Your Health". How about some of your magic on this?? Hint, hint!

lakedistrictlad1
05-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Is there any way of being able to hear this programme in the U.K?

midnight johnny
05-01-2013, 06:55 AM
John, I've "rediscovered" David Ruffin's "Love Can Be Hazardous To Your Health". How about some of your magic on this?? Hint, hint!

Hey Mike...did I miss you??

midnight johnny
05-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Is there any way of being able to hear this programme in the U.K?

Lakedistrictlad1...thanks so much for your interest. Sometimes I record the shows [[didn't record this one), but the podcasts of the shows [[can be found on the station website www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org/)) aren't allowed to contain any music.John

R. Mark Desjardins
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
John,
Another masterful program. Having done some radio shows myself, I know just how challenging it can be to keep up interest for two hours, let alone three hours, and on just one recording artist to boot. Of course it helps greatly when you have an outstanding artist to spotlight such as Dusty Springfield who had distinct periods in her career, not to mention a spectacular vocal instrument to work with. And to add to all that, having Tom Moulton not only add his personal comments on Dusty, but some special remixes. WOW! Thank you for this totally wonderful evening, and sharing your love of Dusty and her music.

midnight johnny
05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
John,
Another masterful program. Having done some radio shows myself, I know just how challenging it can be to keep up interest for two hours, let alone three hours, and on just one recording artist to boot. Of course it helps greatly when you have an outstanding artist to spotlight such as Dusty Springfield who had distinct periods in her career, not to mention a spectacular vocal instrument to work with. And to add to all that, having Tom Moulton not only add his personal comments on Dusty, but some special remixes. WOW! Thank you for this totally wonderful evening, and sharing your love of Dusty and her music.

Mark....I truly appreciate your kind words and support. It means a lot! I guess after doing Dusty tribute annually for the past 10 years or so....I SHOULD be good at it. It's one of the special things I look forward too all year.