PDA

View Full Version : Do you all consider this a soulful vocal performance?

test

smark21
04-24-2013, 09:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO2jjbbleTE

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
04-25-2013, 01:17 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! LOVE IT!!
~~Mary~~

soulster
04-25-2013, 01:32 PM
One of my favorite Heart songs, but I prefer the hit studio version.

smark21
04-25-2013, 08:07 PM
I’m pretty a lifelong Heart and Ann Wilson fan and Ann Wilson always brings first class vocals and she’s done a fine job of maintaining her voice through a 40 year plus career. Heart’s music has primarily been rock, folk, and power ballads, but from time to time they have touched upon more r and b type sounds, especially in the late 70s/early 80s with songs like Straight On, Even it Up and their cover of Tell it Like It Is. I wish they would do another r and b influence recording one of these days as Ann Wilson has the goods to sing soul.

smooth
04-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Smark21...

"Alone" is definitely SOULFUL and This performance touches the Heart!

********************** INFO ON THE WRITING OF "ALONE"************************

The song was written by Tom Kelly and Billy Steinberg from Southern California.

They have written many Hits including "Like A Virgin", "True Colors","So Emotional"

To the best of my Knowledge they had 5 or 6 #1 Hits!

At the time of their initial success Tom Lived in Woodland Hills in the San Fernando Valley.

Tom invited me to spend a complete day with him at his Home Studio... Very Genuine and nice person.

For your information "Like A Virgin" was intended for Smokey Robinson per Tom... But Smokey rejected the song!

Tom Played me the actual DEMO of Like A Virgin and minus Madonna's Voice it is almost identical!

Tom Sang on the Demo!

Mo Ostin of Warner Brothers thought the song was perfect for Madonna and gave it to Nile Rodgers.

Tom Helped me structure My Song "Sweet Memories"which went on to be featured as a Movie Soundtrack.

Thought you might like this person to person factual account.

Abraham Smooth Wilson