PDA

View Full Version : Motown Photographers?

test

thomas96
04-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Does any information on Frank Dandridge, Pierre Bass, James Kriegsmann, Dezo Hoffman, J. Edward Bailey, Ed Robeson, Robert Gordy, or any other Motown photographers, and what they are up to now, if anything? It would be interesting to hear of any of their stories being around motown and/or the artists a lot. Or if they still have any unpublished negatives.

Also, does anyone on the forum here have any negatives of anything having to do with Motown that they'd be willing to sell, or loan [[to make prints of)?

I have some negatives that'd I'd be willing to trade prints of if anyone has other negatives.

R. Mark Desjardins
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
I believe that James Kriegsmann Jr. has taken on the mantle of his fabled photographer father and is still working out of NYC. You could try to contact him to see if he has any unpublished negatives of the countless Motown roster of stars his father photographed for many years.

marv2
04-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I believe that James Kriegsmann Jr. has taken on the mantle of his fabled photographer father and is still working out of NYC. You could try to contact him to see if he has any unpublished negatives of the countless Motown roster of stars his father photographed for many years.

I thought he sold the copyrights to a lot of his dad's work to Getty.

thomas96
04-22-2013, 05:34 PM

Thanks for that suggestion. I will try contacting him.