PDA

View Full Version : DIANA, MAKE-UP FREE Casually Shopping at Grocery Store In Malibu On Friday

test

milven
04-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Some celebrities won't even their front door to get the morning paper unless they are dressed to the nines. It's nice to see that Diana is comfortable enough with herself to go out in the public once in a while as herself and not Diana Ross and allow it to all hang out :)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-0-196654F0000005DC-230_634x908.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-2312218-196654F0000005DC-536_306x423.jpghttp://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-2312218-196776E3000005DC-447_306x423.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-0-19665502000005DC-531_634x901.jpg

blueskies
04-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Good for her....but, for God's sake....get rid of those damn clod hopper boots!

jobeterob
04-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Very cool to see she does this.

And yes, cool to see she is getting old gracefully.

Methuselah2
04-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Whenever I see photos of Ross casually out-and-about and not wearing make-up, I'm always struck by its show of how truly beautiful she is. Perhaps the paparazzi's intent is to capture her looking noticeably different from what the public is used to seeing but, to me, they actually spotlight the unique and gorgeous face that she possesses. There's nothing to obscure that remarkably shaped face, those mesmering, expressive eyes and features, her undeniable youthful, lively presence. I've always viewed such photos of her as signs she's taking care of herself, merely giving her face a rest. Make-up doesn't transform her--it just enhances the beauty that is so evidently already there. Obviously she knows that. From family photos I've also seen in the past, it all clearly started with her parents. And Ross, along with Berry Gordy, Bob Silberstein, and Arne Naess, have passed it along to their children. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I certainly behold it in these latest photos. Thanks, Milven, for the opportunity today.

BigAl
04-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Not only is she secure enough to go out paint-free but she's not concerned about being recognized in that state, either. If she wanted to go incognito she could easily either shed the fall [[well, it's probably extensions so it might not be so simple) or stuff it under a hat and it's likely no one would look twice or recognize her without the trademark tresses and stage makeup. Joan Crawford, of all people, used to go out in a ball cap and slacks and without makeup and no one ever recognized her. According to Anita Loos, she once called Joan just to see if she wanted to go and grab a bite to eat and Joan said, "Do you want me or do you want Joan Crawford? If you want me I can be ready in twenty minutes. Joan Crawford will take a while longer." Lana Turner, on the other hand, would not set foot out of the house unless she was glossed and fluffed from head to toe. I think it all has to do with how secure the celebrity is at base, and evidently Diane is perfectly fine with being Diane on a day-to-day basis, rather than Miss Diana Ross, and good for her.

jobeterob
04-27-2013, 01:27 PM
This is one of the best things she has done for herself ~ just being herself, accepting her humanity and having some fun.

Boogiedown
04-28-2013, 02:39 AM
what would anybody need at the store that they'd go dressed like that???

milven
04-28-2013, 09:03 AM
what would anybody need at the store that they'd go dressed like that???

Makeup ?? ;)
But seriously, dress codes are almost non-existent nowadays. Used to be you had to wear a jacket in a restaurant, a tie and jacket at a Broadway Show. Now people go to Broadway shows in jeans and tee-shirts.

I didn't know that there was ever a dress code in grocery stores, so I think Diana is safe.

midnightman
04-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Not only is she secure enough to go out paint-free but she's not concerned about being recognized in that state, either. If she wanted to go incognito she could easily either shed the fall [[well, it's probably extensions so it might not be so simple) or stuff it under a hat and it's likely no one would look twice or recognize her without the trademark tresses and stage makeup. Joan Crawford, of all people, used to go out in a ball cap and slacks and without makeup and no one ever recognized her. According to Anita Loos, she once called Joan just to see if she wanted to go and grab a bite to eat and Joan said, "Do you want me or do you want Joan Crawford? If you want me I can be ready in twenty minutes. Joan Crawford will take a while longer." Lana Turner, on the other hand, would not set foot out of the house unless she was glossed and fluffed from head to toe. I think it all has to do with how secure the celebrity is at base, and evidently Diane is perfectly fine with being Diane on a day-to-day basis, rather than Miss Diana Ross, and good for her.

I agree. Diana seems comfortable to walk in her own skin. Not everybody can be perfect all the time.

Boogiedown
04-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Makeup ?? ;)
But seriously, dress codes are almost non-existent nowadays. Used to be you had to wear a jacket in a restaurant, a tie and jacket at a Broadway Show. Now people go to Broadway shows in jeans and tee-shirts.

I didn't know that there was ever a dress code in grocery stores, so I think Diana is safe.
to get makeup lol!

you kinda want people to at least think you've showered in the last 48 hours though