PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Gaye-the Final 24

test

luke
04-19-2013, 10:23 PM
A new series on Current cable station--Janis Joplin. James Belushi...a focus on their final 24 hours alive, with highlights from their careers. Saw tonight's episode on Marvin. Quite depressing as the focus not on his genius but his drug problem and death-though I did miss the first few minutes. Interviews with Kim Weston, David Ritz, Marvin's sister.

milven
04-20-2013, 12:53 AM
I just saw a play in NYC this weekend about him that was written by his sister. It also featured all the negative of his career and was depressing to watch. The audience did not seem to care for it. I was not aware of this series.

midnightman
04-20-2013, 02:20 PM
I just saw a play in NYC this weekend about him that was written by his sister. It also featured all the negative of his career and was depressing to watch. The audience did not seem to care for it. I was not aware of this series.

Oh really now? I guess they were bored with hearing about it too huh?

I'm actually tired of the story myself. I'm kinda like Janis and his children: why don't they show more of the positive stuff? Yeah he's dead but he was a very complex figure. It wasn't all f***ed up.

milven
04-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Oh really now? I guess they were bored with hearing about it too huh?....

I've never been part of an audience that was so non-responsive. No applause - one would think that the audience was sitting on their hands.