PDA

View Full Version : David Ruffin & Eddie Kendricks - I Can't Get Next To You

test

thomas96
04-19-2013, 01:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-O4TbyKP6g

Does anyone have any clue what this is or where it came from, or if there is any more like it?

theboyfromxtown
04-19-2013, 05:20 AM
This clip was on youtube some time back but was taken down. It's a great clip, and I am pleased it's back up again. If you read the comments, it tells you more about its origins.

This video was created in 1989 by a group of professional video makers, who believed that they could create a video for a fantastic song from the past. Songs that were released and were big hits, BEFORE videos were ever conceived. These videos were aired on TV back in 1989, on a show called DEJA VIEW, hosted by John Sebastian.

Of course, David wasn't on the original recording but Eddie was and it's amusing to see him re-produce his parts.

marv2
04-19-2013, 07:23 AM
This clip was on youtube some time back but was taken down. It's a great clip, and I am pleased it's back up again. If you read the comments, it tells you more about its origins.

This video was created in 1989 by a group of professional video makers, who believed that they could create a video for a fantastic song from the past. Songs that were released and were big hits, BEFORE videos were ever conceived. These videos were aired on TV back in 1989, on a show called DEJA VIEW, hosted by John Sebastian.

Of course, David wasn't on the original recording but Eddie was and it's amusing to see him re-produce his parts.

I remember that show. I remember the video they created for the song "Bus Stop" by the Hollies

thomas96
04-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Interesting. Did they do any other Motown songs?