PDA

View Full Version : Little Stevie Wonder - Lois

test

thomas96
04-13-2013, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnbKOePKItY&list=PLW5L7jeOfjATMeeauMwVt2-Av0VWCSpZG

How does this get passed up? To me this has HIT written all over it. Does anyone know [[or think) if thats Stevie playing the organ solo? Also, has this ever been released?

reese
04-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Its on the compilation NEVER BEFORE RELEASED MASTERS - MOTOWN'S BRIGHTEST STARS.

splanky
04-14-2013, 08:42 AM
I've been a Stevie Wonder fan since I was little kid but I'm not exactly crazy about the arrangements on Lois or the way he was mic'ed for that recording. What I'm dying to know is
who the hell was that singing on Hey Lover?, the other acetate in the loop...

thomas96
04-14-2013, 01:08 PM
I see what you're saying. I think they could've perfected the recording and released it, with it hitting the top 40, but what's done is done. Hey Lover- I have no idea and along with you, I am dying to find out, and find a full version of the song.

arrr&bee
04-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Haaaaaaaaaa,i thought that i was the only person aware of this little ditti from little stevie,it's cute but not hit material!!

RossHolloway
04-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Wasn't the song Lois about Martha Reeve's sister Lois? Seems like I remember reading that years ago.

marybrewster
04-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Wasn't the song Lois about Martha Reeve's sister Lois? Seems like I remember reading that years ago.

I've read that as well, in fact, something to the effect was just posted recently as it was Lois' birthday.

But, if I have all my facts together, this was recorded in 1963 by "Little" Stevie. Lois didn't become a Vandella until 1967. Would Stevie and Lois' path have crossed THAT much so early on, enough that he would have written a song about her?

thomas96
04-19-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't think Stevie wrote this song, so it's possible whoever did write it encountered Lois numerous times around Hitsville and wrote it about her. I had never heard that before, but it makes sense.

RossHolloway
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
The song was written by Clarence Paul, Vicki Basemore and Stevie Wonder.

thomas96
04-19-2013, 11:06 AM
The song was written by Clarence Paul, Vicki Basemore and Stevie Wonder.

Thanks for that. I bet Lois was around Hitsville every once in a while at least so that Clarence Paul and Vicki Basemore would write a song inspired by her name.

carole cucumber
04-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks for that. I bet Lois was around Hitsville every once in a while at least so that Clarence Paul and Vicki Basemore would write a song inspired by her name.

Just one point for consideration:
In The MR&TV 50th Anniversary set, we are reminded that Lois Reeves' birthname is Sandra Delores. When did she become known as Lois? As a child? As a teenager? As a Vandella?
Suprisingly in Martha's autobiography, "Dancing In the Street: Confessions of a Motown Diva", Martha never explains why or when Sandra Delores becomes known as Lois. In fact, if one searches the index looking for 'Reeves, Lois', one might be lost. She is only listed as 'Reeves, Sandra Deloris[[Lois)' .
Perhaps anyone close to Martha who posts here might ask her about this when the opportunity arises.

marybrewster
04-19-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't think Stevie wrote this song, so it's possible whoever did write it encountered Lois numerous times around Hitsville and wrote it about her. I had never heard that before, but it makes sense.

Would Lois have been hanging around Hitsville in 1963? Martha has always said that Lois went from graduation to a Vandella. If she joined the group in '67, back in '63 she would have been 13? 14? 15?

RossHolloway
04-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Some background info on Lois Reeves. Seems she was born in 1948, two years before Stevie Wonder was born...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Reeves

reese
04-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Martha Reeves has said that sometimes she used to bring Stevie home with her when he was a kid, and he would "tear my mama's house up," playing , I assume. He probably became close to Lois at that time.

thomas96
04-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Martha Reeves has said that sometimes she used to bring Stevie home with her when he was a kid, and he would "tear my mama's house up," playing , I assume. He probably became close to Lois at that time.

Yeah, and she had to have been around Hitsville every once in a while since Martha was there and that was "the place" at the time, even if she was younger.