PDA

View Full Version : Jean Terrell Replaces Diana Ross - CKLW!

test

marv2
04-13-2013, 06:12 PM
This is how it was announced to us in Detroit, October 31, 1969 Halloween! LOL!
Check it out at the 17:40 mark in this historical video/radio aircheck from CKLW, the BIG 8!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAFl88w5x8Q

luke
04-13-2013, 07:39 PM
The real deal. Thx!

marv2
04-13-2013, 07:50 PM
The real deal. Thx!

The total real deal! We use to get certain news before the rest of the country.

milven
04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
The total real deal! We use to get certain news before the rest of the country.

And certain songs were played there before they were recorded :D:D

Couldn't resist . :)

marv2
04-13-2013, 08:53 PM
And certain songs were played there before they were recorded :D:D

Couldn't resist . :)

being a general a--e?

kenneth
04-15-2013, 11:13 AM
What a great find! Thanks Marv! Of course, growing up in Detroit, I was listening to this station all the time back then so I'm sure I heard this news first on CKLW.

And wow, doesn't Scott Regen look like Robin Seymour? Maybe it's just the style and the look from back then. I'm sure I never thought that at the time but of course I wasn't that familiar with what Regen looked like, since Seymour was on TV every day.

SupremeBoy
04-15-2013, 03:28 PM
being a general a--e?

Well if that ain't the perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. Mmm hmm.
Dishes it out...but can't take it.

marv2
04-16-2013, 01:39 AM
What a great find! Thanks Marv! Of course, growing up in Detroit, I was listening to this station all the time back then so I'm sure I heard this news first on CKLW.

And wow, doesn't Scott Regen look like Robin Seymour? Maybe it's just the style and the look from back then. I'm sure I never thought that at the time but of course I wasn't that familiar with what Regen looked like, since Seymour was on TV every day.

I thought so and you are welcome. This whole clip brought back a lot of great memories of 1969-70 for me as well. Scott and Robin don't look too much alike to me. Sometimes they sounded similar but then again many of the old school DJ's had those "radio voices"

ejluther
04-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Fun clip - thanks for posting...

motony
04-16-2013, 03:47 PM
thanks for posting, really enjoyed it, brought back alot of memories of how much better radio was back then.The first song thats played "He's Mine" by Alice Wonder Land was a pretty big hit in Miami in Sept.'63 so it musta been big in Detroit too for them to play it as an oldie in '69.Nationally that record was only on the Hot 100 for 2weeks & got up to #77 so someone pulled the plug on it, don't remember the label.

marv2
04-16-2013, 05:32 PM
thanks for posting, really enjoyed it, brought back alot of memories of how much better radio was back then.The first song thats played "He's Mine" by Alice Wonder Land was a pretty big hit in Miami in Sept.'63 so it musta been big in Detroit too for them to play it as an oldie in '69.Nationally that record was only on the Hot 100 for 2weeks & got up to #77 so someone pulled the plug on it, don't remember the label.

Motony, CKLW was unique in that it created regional hits for the U.S. and Canada. There was a ton of music, really good music that we were exposed to that was not played anywhere else in America all thanks to Can-Con. Some hated the requirement of playing a portion of music with Canadian Content, but I enjoyed quite a bit of music coming out of Canada in those days.

stopinthenameoflove
04-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Motony, CKLW was unique in that it created regional hits for the U.S. and Canada. There was a ton of music, really good music that we were exposed to that was not played anywhere else in America all thanks to Can-Con. Some hated the requirement of playing a portion of music with Canadian Content, but I enjoyed quite a bit of music coming out of Canada in those days.

Did CKLW also get white label promo records before they had even been recorded? #justaskin

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
04-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I thought "He's Mine" was recorded by the Swans?

144man
04-17-2013, 05:25 PM
I think the Swans' version was the cover, but not 100% sure.

superlou
04-19-2013, 12:03 AM
I want to buy that 4-track system for $19.95.