PDA

View Full Version : Motown 25 unedited video

test

thomas96
04-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Does this exist in the public, or is it one of the things Berry Gordy is keeping to himself?

Glenpwood
04-11-2013, 09:44 AM
I assume this is because eveyone wants to see Charlene's performance of "I've Never Been To Me" that was cut due to her throat issues. As far as I know, nothing else note worthy of obsession or discussion was removed....

marybrewster
04-11-2013, 10:37 AM
I assume this is because eveyone wants to see Charlene's performance of "I've Never Been To Me" that was cut due to her throat issues. As far as I know, nothing else note worthy of obsession or discussion was removed....

I didn't realize thast Charele was a part of Motown 25.

Found this great interview and quote: "“We [[Michael Jackson) did Motown 25 together,” Charlene says, “the TV show. I was very, very ill with strep throat. They put me out, I sang my song, but I was hardly singing. They had to cut me from the [TV] show, but I was on the ending with everybody on stage, all gathering together, singing ‘Kumbaya’ and doing all the songs together. "

I also didn't realize that Charlene had written a book:

http://www.amazon.com/Ive-Never-Been-Charlene-Oliver/dp/1905636385#_

Ngroove
04-11-2013, 11:29 AM
I didn't realize thast Charele was a part of Motown 25.

Found this great interview and quote: "“We [[Michael Jackson) did Motown 25 together,” Charlene says, “the TV show. I was very, very ill with strep throat. They put me out, I sang my song, but I was hardly singing. They had to cut me from the [TV] show, but I was on the ending with everybody on stage, all gathering together, singing ‘Kumbaya’ and doing all the songs together. "

I also didn't realize that Charlene had written a book:

http://www.amazon.com/Ive-Never-Been-Charlene-Oliver/dp/1905636385#_

But great to know, in putting her into the program, even if she did flounder, that Motown gave her some limelight, before thousands of the audience sitting in the chairs, to possibly, had her notes been better, millions on television, on a highly publicized event, probably the "Motown the Musical" of its day.

Although admittedly, I have to say, her song bores the heck out of me.

ejluther
04-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Love it, Glenpwood!

milven
04-12-2013, 10:12 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6RKsyab_oS_3HyZAQS589CEVL5icai Y4okI77pZ0YG4LH0aOK

midnight johnny
04-12-2013, 02:18 PM

Soooooo naughty......[[*grin)

markdtiller
04-13-2013, 07:20 PM

No everyone wants to see Diana shove Mary!

Ngroove
04-14-2013, 12:53 PM
What I wanna know, if, for the opening roll credits mentioning "Rick James", if there was more Rick, than that puny, cop-out worthy, ten-second video clip! I know, his wild style may either embarass, or completely tear the roof of the house, despite the majority celebrating mostly the first fourteen years [[1957-1971) with "sure things" like Temptations, Four Tops, brief LIVE [[still more than what was shown of Rick on televised cutted program) snippets of Martha, Junior Walker, and Mary Wells, and Jackson Five.