PDA

View Full Version : Motown: 100 Originals. Exclusively at Itunes

test

jobeterob
04-09-2013, 05:31 PM
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/motown-musical-100-originals/id632314754?s=143455&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Ngroove
04-09-2013, 06:08 PM
- all essential, all commonly easy to find [[ yes, even Twenty Five Miles and It's A Shame, could be obtainable on CDs thru the two volumes [[Volume One Formely Motown: The Classic Years) of the Motown Gold series, the Hitsville USA: Motown Singles Collection box, or the Motown 1960s & 1970s Millennium Collections.

OR, most can still be individually cherry-picked, found the Complete Motown Singles, long already in itunes.

However, does not change fact, that all are long easily accessible for a reason; all are classic.

Huh? What the? They've got Elgins, they've got Bobby Taylor - but no Originals [[Baby I'm For Real)?

soulster
04-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I guess this set isn't aimed at the Motown collectior who already has these songs in multiples on both vinyl and CD.

Ngroove
04-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Gosh, I truly hope the musical gets as much acclaim as it can get, but even the cover, "Motown the Musical: the Originals" is kinda tacky; maybe just plainly but classically just call it "Motown", like an un-ID'ed Motown vinyl, also w/out distracting red glares.

thommg
04-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Gosh, I truly hope the musical gets as much acclaim as it can get, but even the cover, "Motown the Musical: the Originals" is kinda tacky; maybe just plainly but classically just call it "Motown", like an un-ID'ed Motown vinyl, also w/out distracting red glares.

I believe that cover is similar to the logo of the Broadway show. When the Broadway cast recording is released, it will probably look similar, hence the word Originals on the real Motown songs.

jobeterob
04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
I agree with Thommg. It is about "branding". This isn't for us here on SD or any hardcore soul music/Motown fan.

It's for Joe on the street who will see this "awesome" collection with the "new" colors and logo and grab it.

Harry and Andy's next few releases for us depend on this.

Ngroove
04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I agree with Thommg. It is about "branding". This isn't for us here on SD or any hardcore soul music/Motown fan.

It's for Joe on the street who will see this "awesome" collection with the "new" colors and logo and grab it.

Harry and Andy's next few releases for us depend on this.

I'd say, repress and rerelease the "Motown: Gold" volumes and "Hitsville USA: The Motown Singles Collection" volumes the fourth time, would be just as adequate, to support the soon-to-be-coming next "wave" of Motown interest.

reese
04-10-2013, 02:36 PM
I believe that cover is similar to the logo of the Broadway show. When the Broadway cast recording is released, it will probably look similar, hence the word Originals on the real Motown songs.

Very true.

When I was in NYC a few weeks back, I went to J&R Music World and they had both the single and double cd versions of the "ORIGINALS" collection on display with the cast albums of other shows, although these collections aren't even cast albums. I witnessed one woman buy the cd even though she said she had most of the songs on it, but she loved the musical.