PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Starr - She's My Kinda Girl

test

wedgeville
04-06-2013, 08:17 AM
A few years ago, UK motown issued Essential Edwin Starr, and as a bonus included the unreleased "She's My Kinda Girl". I seem to remember some issue with this, and subsequent issues no longer carried the bonus track.
Anyone know why it was removed?
To be honest, I never thought it sounded like Edwin, so wondered if that was the reason.

It's a great track, Edwin or not.

Wayne

144man
04-06-2013, 08:34 AM
I don't remember that. It doesn't appear in DFTMC.

roger
04-06-2013, 09:20 AM
A few years ago, UK motown issued Essential Edwin Starr, and as a bonus included the unreleased "She's My Kinda Girl". I seem to remember some issue with this, and subsequent issues no longer carried the bonus track.
Anyone know why it was removed?
To be honest, I never thought it sounded like Edwin, so wondered if that was the reason.

It's a great track, Edwin or not.

Wayne

Yes .. there was s thread on it a couple of years back ..

I think it is actually "My Kind of Girl" by THE PROPHETS on Stephanye ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1q88sjhVrY

Roger

wedgeville
04-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Cheers Roger - Yes it's the same song, although I think it may be a different vocal take. I wonder why it was on the Edwin Starr collection?

Wayne

johnny_raven
04-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Edwin Starr had a song called "My Kind Of WOMAN" on Ric-Tic, maybe that's where the confusion was.

theboyfromxtown
04-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Edwin Starr had a song called "My Kind Of WOMAN" on Ric-Tic, maybe that's where the confusion was.

That is essentially what happened. The wrong track was pulled and it wasn't noticed until it was checked...and that was a bit late this time.