PDA

View Full Version : RARE! Dennis Edwards Performing "Treat Her Like A Lady" with the Temptations

test

marv2
04-04-2013, 11:43 PM
This is something I had never saw or heard. Dennis Edwards singing "Treat Her Like a Lady" upon his one year return to the Temptations in 1987! This was definitely Ali-Ollie Woodson's song. Check it out and give me your thoughts:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8zmcg_dennis-edwards-temptations-treat-he_music#.UQ4nbR1ZVns

revvy
04-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Dang, how does he sing like that? Incredible soul.

marv2
04-05-2013, 11:55 PM
I actually did not think it was that good. He could not come close to hitting the notes that Ali- Ollie did on the original or when he sang it live. Here, it seems as if the Tempts are covering Dennis more with the background vocals.

drewschultz88
04-06-2013, 12:21 AM
The Temps sound good in any configuration, and it's cool to hear Dennis sing this one, but I think I have to ask - who is that bass player?!! Someone's got some chops! Almost sounds like Rocco from Tower of Power there for a second.

arrr&bee
04-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Dennis nailed it,but it just once again shows the versitality of the mighty temps at that time.

zebop
04-08-2013, 10:38 PM
It's ok. I liked Ali-Ollie with them better at that point. I'll never understand the group dynamic, they switched out Ali-Ollie for Dennis and it's all but another group. That's happened with them a lot.

Goes without saying, I prefer basically any incarnation over the one that's around now....

midnightman
04-08-2013, 10:49 PM
^ It seems like the Tempts changed their sound, look and style with certain group members. When David joined, they were the "classics", when Dennis joined, they became "funksters". Don't know what they are nowadays.

heikki
04-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Hi!

Dennis and Ali-Ollie switches happened, because they were both slipping at that time.

Best regards
Heikki