PDA

View Full Version : The Composer

test

JohnnyB
04-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but listening to the 50th Anniversay Supremes collection I noticed The Composer sounds like the pitch was sped up. I know the song from various LP hit collections and the LTSI album, but the single version is different, and actually distracting. Was the actual single released like that? Was it to make the song more danceable? Has anyone noticed this or am I hearing things?

Sotosound
04-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but listening to the 50th Anniversay Supremes collection I noticed The Composer sounds like the pitch was sped up. I know the song from various LP hit collections and the LTSI album, but the single version is different, and actually distracting. Was the actual single released like that? Was it to make the song more danceable? Has anyone noticed this or am I hearing things?

Your ears don't deceive you.

I first heard the song as a track on the UK 16 Big Hits Vol 8 in a mono fold-down of the stereo mix. I didn't get to hear the single mix until I bought the Ultimate Collection CD that contained nothing but mono mixes and I was actually disappointed to find that it had been sped up as I liked the song the way that I'd first heard it.

By the way, the same applies to "Some Day We'll Be Together", which I first heard as a single, but the effect is less annoying for some reason.

JohnnyB
04-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Your ears don't deceive you.

I first heard the song as a track on the UK 16 Big Hits Vol 8 in a mono fold-down of the stereo mix. I didn't get to hear the single mix until I bought the Ultimate Collection CD that contained nothing but mono mixes and I was actually disappointed to find that it had been sped up as I liked the song the way that I'd first heard it.

By the way, the same applies to "Some Day We'll Be Together", which I first heard as a single, but the effect is less annoying for some reason.
Thanks for the response Sotosound. I hadn't noticed SWBT, I'll have to give it a spin. Honestly, I'm just getting acquainted with the mono/single mixes of these hits as I've only collected the LP's and hit collections. Thanks again.