PDA

View Full Version : THE ANDANTES Attend Current Exhibit At Hitsville, U.S.A./Motown Museum [[2 mins.)

test

Methuselah2
04-03-2013, 04:38 AM
Really wonderful to see them together:

http://m.palmbeachpost.com/videos/ap/entertainment/motowns-unsung-trio-go-from-back-to-front/vxB5x/

nathanj06
04-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Back then I knew there had to be extra voices on the songs but didn't understand why. I thought how could four men like The Four Tops sound like that. Years later of course it all made sense. That was a brilliant idea. Those girls were amazing singers and added so much to those songs. Good to see credit given where it's due. Good for them.

Methuselah2
04-03-2013, 02:10 PM
At the time the recordings were first released, I gave short shrift to The Andantes and The Funk Bros. Certainly I could hear their contributions but I was so focused on the named artists and the tunes themselves that I didn't pay them nearly enough attention. It wasn't until many years later that I finally realized how vital they all were to the work. Their work was of such relentlessly top-notch quality that it became just a given, I suppose. It was something that was always there. But it was various devotees and aficionados--one in particular--who really opened my eyes and ears to exactly what was there, and how it was used, and how truly significant it all was to what was produced. My love of all-things-Motown only continues to intensify because there's still so much I have yet to discover, to fully take in what had been there all along.

jobeterob
04-03-2013, 02:16 PM
It is very nice to see the Andantes recognized while they are still alive and see them included with groups like the Supremes in exhibits like this. They deserve it.

captainjames
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Very Very Cool and Thank you for posting. As much as the Group, singer, Funk Brothers and HDH they are and were "The Motown Sound".