PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross to be featured on TV ONE

test

skooldem1
04-02-2013, 12:43 PM
In the month of April, Diana Ross will be featured on a show about the Top R&B Divas of all time. Even bigger news is that they will also air her Central Park concert. Many of the younger generation know her by name only, or for her movie "The Wiz" or "Double Platinum" with Brandy. Airing this historic concert will introduce her to this younger generation who have never seen her in concert, doing what she does best.

SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 8/7C:

Diana Ross: Live in Central Park – An encore presentation of the iconic performance that cemented Diana Ross’ status as a legend. In 1983, Diana made history when she took the stage in New York's Central Park despite a relentless downpour. In one of music’s most memorable moments, Diana pushed on for much of the set, urging the drenched crowd to stay with her. Eventually the torrential storm put an end to the performance, but not before a promise to return the next day. True to her word, Diana performed the entire concert again on July 22nd for the people of New York.

SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 9/8C:

Top R&B Divas of All Time - A one hour special highlighting some of the most accomplished and beloved singers in R&B history. The program features a diverse, eclectic group of music, cultural and fashion pundits celebrating ten of the most impressive female vocalists and performers of our time with a fast-paced mix of memorable clips as well as commentary from members of the cast of TV One’s R&B Divas Atlanta and L.A. Profiled divas include Diana Ross, Chaka Kahn, Aretha Franklin, Janet Jackson, Patti LaBelle, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Beyoncé and Rihanna.

http://www.tvoneonline.com/shows/randb-divas/destination-divas-/destination-divas-month.html

marybrewster
04-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Yay!

But for real, Rihanna? LOL.

Methuselah2
04-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Demographics, Mary. Demographics.

smark21
04-02-2013, 08:24 PM
The Central Park concert has been shown on various PBS stations over the past year for various fundraising drives. Seems like it’s now going out to basic cable specialty channels.

Jimi LaLumia
04-03-2013, 11:15 PM
how long until we hear of a label signing for a new Diana Ross album..set your watches...

marv2
04-03-2013, 11:25 PM
how long until we hear of a label signing for a new Diana Ross album..set your watches...

How about the 12th of NEVER! Doesn't she ever do anything new?

alexgarret
04-03-2013, 11:43 PM
You so bitter...Lifetime Grammy, Kennedy Center mean nothing?

marv2
04-03-2013, 11:43 PM
You so bitter...Lifetime Grammy, Kennedy Center mean nothing?

That don't mean squat . When is she going to do something new?

alexgarret
04-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Not a Golden Halo, but oh well.

alexgarret
04-03-2013, 11:45 PM
you funny little man

Jimi LaLumia
04-04-2013, 04:29 PM
show some compassion for those in the throes of Ross-O-phobia..
imagine their agony ,knowing that what is essentially "The Diana Ross Story", is,and will be, the hottest ticket on Broadway, and eventually a major motion picture, just as "Jersey Boys" is about to do..and that she'll have no problem getting booked into any venues that she wants, IF she wants..

SupremeBoy
04-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Why does marv2 have to be such a bitch. She needs to retract her claws.

Jimi LaLumia
04-11-2013, 09:12 PM
now, now...

alexgarret
04-11-2013, 09:27 PM
He really can't help it - it's his nature.

Why does marv2 have to be such a bitch. She needs to retract her claws.

skooldem1
04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
The Central Park concert airs tonight at 8PM. They have been doing heavy promotion for it the last couple of weeks.

skooldem1
04-21-2013, 04:47 PM
An encore presentation of Diana Ross in Central Park is playing now on TVone. Later tonight the Centric channel will be playing "The Wiz".

jobeterob
04-21-2013, 06:44 PM
In all of the coverage of Motown the Musical, you see again and again that the media focuses on Diana. The certainly covered Stevie and Smokey and Berry but they can't wear Big Bird Furs and they just don't have the look and style. And they cover Marvin and Michael but they aren't with us anymore so their coverage is different.

supremester
04-21-2013, 11:23 PM
That don't mean squat . When is she going to do something new?
Since Mary has been saying her album will be out in a few months, Miss Ross is prolly kindly waiting a few months after Mary's "Finishing Touches" is out to release hers so that they don't conflict. Very nice of her, I think.

jobeterob
04-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Since Mary has been saying her album will be out in a few months, Miss Ross is prolly kindly waiting a few months after Mary's "Finishing Touches" is out to release hers so that they don't conflict. Very nice of her, I think.

LOL; but hasn't Mary's CD come out? Or is that Lifes Been Good to Me just a single? Ya, I guess, thinking here...........it must be just a single. When it's released, it's just going to be a "print as many as I can sell" anyway, right?

supremester
04-23-2013, 04:30 PM
It's interesting how easy it is to end a convo isn't it? LOL

Mary's single was released to Itunes UK a year or two ago, and I'm not sure if it is in the USA or not. I doubt that the album is mastered as it would make sense to get it printed and sold at Mary's gigs. The track was obviously cut in the 90's, I have no idea when the vocal was done, but it seems not to be a priority to get it out there as she's been talking about getting it done for over a decade. It must be frustrating for her.

LOL; but hasn't Mary's CD come out? Or is that Lifes Been Good to Me just a single? Ya, I guess, thinking here...........it must be just a single. When it's released, it's just going to be a "print as many as I can sell" anyway, right?

smark21
04-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Mary’s Life’s Been Good to Me single has been available on US itunes for a year or two now.

jobeterob
04-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Mary’s Life’s Been Good to Me single has been available on US itunes for a year or two now.

It wouldn't surprise me if no former Supreme ever released another CD, at least not as a legitimate physical release. If anyone does it, it will be Diana of course. But they are now artists of the past and most of them never had hits as individual artists, so it's hard to imagine a new CD release with a big push; but the Musical could do it.

skooldem1
04-27-2013, 08:03 PM
SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 9/8C:

Top R&B Divas of All Time - A one hour special highlighting some of the most accomplished and beloved singers in R&B history. The program features a diverse, eclectic group of music, cultural and fashion pundits celebrating ten of the most impressive female vocalists and performers of our time with a fast-paced mix of memorable clips as well as commentary from members of the cast of TV One’s R&B Divas Atlanta and L.A. Profiled divas include Diana Ross, Chaka Kahn, Aretha Franklin, Janet Jackson, Patti LaBelle, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Beyoncé and Rihanna.