PDA

View Full Version : Flo movie confirmed!

test

luke
10-08-2010, 04:32 PM
http://thelostsupreme.com/MovieofBookUnderway.aspx

marv2
10-08-2010, 05:55 PM
"Dreams do come true........Dare to dream.."! Thanks Luke LOL!!!!!

luke
10-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Amen Marv!!

marv2
10-08-2010, 09:13 PM
You really had the headline/ post of the day for the Motown Forum buddy!

REDHOT
10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I think that this is great news, look like florence ballard wiill be back in the news again, i can't wait , to see what happens.
Please stay positive

marv2
10-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Who do you think should play Berry?

marv2
10-09-2010, 02:15 AM
At the end of this clip, Faith confirms she will be play Florence Ballard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAIHT0Eu9N4

topdiva1
10-09-2010, 10:54 AM
While it may be confirmed - will it get financed? The book itself was basically self published - the story well known by a few remaining hundred thousand at best who remember or care. Without major funding and publicity - and big name stars this movie - sad to say will not be done.

And while Faith Evans does have a look alike thing going with Flo Ballard - she is not a BIG NAME STAR - and does not have a huge following - being endorsesed by the Ballard Sisters, means nothing to the hollywood finance machine, or Gordy's golf buddies.

After all this time has nothing been learned.

midnightman
10-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Well let's see about the money and music rights...

marv2
10-09-2010, 12:42 PM
While it may be confirmed - will it get financed. The book itself was basically self published - the story well known by a few remaining hundre thousand at best who remember or care. Without major funding and publicity - and big name stars this movie - sad to say will not be done.

This is how they are going to position it [[or should). "You've seen Dreamgirls, now are you ready for the REAL story? Can you handle it?"

Now, once the hurdle of financing has been cleared, any roadblocks to licensing the music in an effort to prevent the completion of the film will be a PR NIGHTMARE for whomever is responsible for trying to stop it.............

marv2
10-09-2010, 12:47 PM
TopDiva, I beg to differ. There are whole LOT of folks that know of the story of Florence Ballard. They may not know all the details, but there are a very substantial number of people that are interested and it has only grown since the release of the film "Dreamgirls" and Jennifer Hudson winning the Oscar for her portrayal of "Effie" [[Florence Ballard). I note it that way because a lot of the younger generation believe that Effie was really Flo.

midnightman
10-09-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't know about all of that, Marv. Flo's story and Effie's story, while related in some degree, doesn't really indicate that they actually knew about Flo or the Supremes in general. *shrug*

marv2
10-09-2010, 09:52 PM
When I hear Florence Ballard mentioned in hip-hop recordings by young artists that weren't even born when she passed it leads me to believe that they know. I get comments from young adults on Youtube that let's me know that they are more aware of the Florence story than we would imagine. Youtube is a great educational tool as well entertainment. How does millions of paperback books on the Supremes get sold? How does a video of "Baby Love" get something like 4.2 million views? The majority of the members/viewers on Youtube are under 35years old.

marv2
10-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Midnightman, did you notice in the clip above at 4:35 when Faith mentions the biopic, just only mentions "Florence Ballard", not "the Supremes". Also note the audience's reaction. They definitely did not give the "Who? " reaction.

midnightman
10-09-2010, 10:11 PM
^ Not to argue but yeah I think people "know" who Florence is. But they have some wrong idea about her. I wonder if they watched her "Unsung" episode.

marv2
10-09-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't know how many saw "Unsung" we don't even have TVOne as one of our cable offerings here on Long Island where there are 3.8 million people! The Supremes and their legend is so big that it is just a part of our culture now. Same with the Beatles. Flo passed just 4 years before John Lennon and both are still very much remembered. Right now, they are discussing Flo on her taped interview clips on Youtube just like she was a current star.

captainjames
10-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Interesting comments being made about a film in the "making". I will only add that just like you cannot have a Supreme Reunion without Diana Ross, you can not do a Florence Ballard story without a Diana Ross character. I want to see how they get that off.

topdiva1
10-09-2010, 11:01 PM
The Flo Ballard story is such a strong on - that - told from her saide in flashbacks or hindsight - it does not ever need the actual songs to be played - the Billie Holiday movie is just as good if you take out the songs - it is the story line that is important - and if the writers and producers are wise thet will stick to the Flo Ballard Story - and not have to worry about the music - and all the rest of the major players in this story are public figures - so legally they shoukld not in the end have a difficult time - if they are smart.

marv2
10-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Interesting comments being made about a film in the "making". I will only add that just like you cannot have a Supreme Reunion without Diana Ross, you can not do a Florence Ballard story without a Florence Ballard character. I want to see how they get that off.

You cannot have a Supremes Reunion without Mary Wilson either! That's been proven! LOL!!!!!! The other part of what you just said did not make any sense whatsoever......"you can not do a Florence Ballard story without a Florence Ballard character. I want to see how they get that off"

What does that mean? What are you trying to say Capt'n'?

marv2
10-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Didn't that television movie on the Temptations [[based on Otis' book), include the Temptations music? I believe they can get the music for the Florence Ballard movie if the price is right. They may also be able to sue to get it if it had to go that far. If whomever the producers are that would be willing to pay the cost and are still denied, the reason for the denial may have to be explained in court. I hope it never has to go there because as I said early, it would be a PR NIGHTMARE for whomever would be trying to de-rail things.

captainjames
10-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Well Motown45 with Kelly Rowland was a disaster without Diana and thats all I am going to say about it. DREAMGIRLS character of Mary Wilson would have been better if they left it out. A Supreme reunion without Florence [[as much as I love Cindy) is ridiculous, however Mary will quickly admit it ANI'T GONNA HAPPEN without Diana. Heck a Labelle Reunion didn't really happen in my opinion.

Which brings me full circle to the Flo Ballard story----[[without a Diana character ?) pleasssssse !!! This is not wonderland and without some big BLITZ to drum up some interest I just don't see it on the Big Screen. With all due respect to Flo's girls and their love for their mother I would hate for them to put all their "money" into something that will fizzle quickly. However, perhaps they have the connectivity to get Diana's blessing but I am not sure about Berry's. You could probably write around Mr. Gordy's character but, you can not do a Florence Ballard story without The Supremes and their music and Diana and Mary.

topdiva1
10-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Nobody is looking for Diana or Berry to bless this project or expecting it - be for real. This will be done if it is PROFITABLE - and the Ballard sisters do not have any money to pour into a project of this magnitude - Let us hope that in some form it gets done - nicely.

midnightman
10-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Well Motown45 with Kelly Rowland was a disaster without Diana and thats all I am going to say about it. DREAMGIRLS character of Mary Wilson would have been better if they left it out. A Supreme reunion without Florence [[as much as I love Cindy) is ridiculous, however Mary will quickly admit it ANI'T GONNA HAPPEN without Diana. Heck a Labelle Reunion didn't really happen in my opinion.

Which brings me full circle to the Flo Ballard story----[[without a Diana character ?) pleasssssse !!! This is not wonderland and without some big BLITZ to drum up some interest I just don't see it on the Big Screen. With all due respect to Flo's girls and their love for their mother I would hate for them to put all their "money" into something that will fizzle quickly. However, perhaps they have the connectivity to get Diana's blessing but I am not sure about Berry's. You could probably write around Mr. Gordy's character but, you can not do a Florence Ballard story without The Supremes and their music and Diana and Mary.

Exactly. And I don't think Diana cares about how she would be portrayed if it comes down to that. Of course Mary will be all on it like she was with Dreamgirls lol we know that. ;) Anyway we'll see what happens.

phyl
10-10-2010, 04:46 PM
i cannt wati to see this moviie about flo this movies going to tell the turht about what berery and dianna ross did to her.

captainjames
10-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Actually, a movie like this would tell what Flo did to herself, and how those she thought were "REALLY" her friends turned their backs on her. I hope they produce the note that said "Stick By Flo.....because it could happen to you"", because in reality NO ONE did.

Maybe they can bring out the the things we never hear about like how Diana tried to save her home and when Blondie said she felt like she messed things up and wanted to make it right afterwards. Just maybe they can dig really deep and show how perhaps even her family know or knew so little about what was going on. Perhaps even the trust fund that Diana set up for the girls that somehow went to someone else in the family. Let's see if they show Flo and Diana fighting and hair pulling all over the place when Flo has said out of her own mouth that they just had sister arguments.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how many folks they get to agree to protray their image like the ones who backed out of The Temptaions movie when its almost ready for production.

READY >>>>>>>>>SET >>>>>>>>>>> uh no wait a minute no yet said many Motown stars.

marv2
10-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Nobody is looking for Diana or Berry to bless this project or expecting it - be for real. This will be done if it is PROFITABLE - and the Ballard sisters do not have any money to pour into a project of this magnitude - Let us hope that in some form it gets done - nicely.

That's true. Really Berry and Diane would be just an afterthought. They are not important at all in regards to this particular project. You are right, the keyword is profitable! No cares about what Diane and Berry thinks anymore to be blunt. They are retired.

midnightman
10-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Actually, a movie like this would tell what Flo did to herself, and how those she thought were "REALLY" her friends turned their backs on her. I hope they produce the note that said "Stick By Flo.....because it could happen to you"", because in reality NO ONE did.

Maybe they can bring out the the things we never hear about like how Diana tried to save her home and when Blondie said she felt like she messed things up and wanted to make it right afterwards. Just maybe they can dig really deep and show how perhaps even her family know or knew so little about what was going on. Perhaps even the trust fund that Diana set up for the girls that somehow went to someone else in the family. Let's see if they show Flo and Diana fighting and hair pulling all over the place when Flo has said out of her own mouth that they just had sister arguments.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how many folks they get to agree to protray their image like the ones who backed out of The Temptaions movie when its almost ready for production.

READY >>>>>>>>>SET >>>>>>>>>>> uh no wait a minute no yet said many Motown stars.

It's interesting. The whole time I think that's what they expected, that the original Supremes threw down when that wasn't the case. Plus three young ladies with struggles of their own. I think if the film is made, it would focus on Florence's personal struggles and how she tried to overcome that through her music.

marv2
10-10-2010, 10:25 PM

Capt' n', don't play yourself, everybody knows that if this film gets made, Berry Gordy and Diane Ross are going to be Public Enemy NUMBER ONE! and no one else! LOL!!!

captainjames
10-10-2010, 10:44 PM
To be perfectly honest the only people getting played is the ones that are drawing attention to Faith Evans with hopes of building sales to her new CD. Diana Ross could care less how a movie, play, short story or bio like this says about her. As far as Mr. Gordy is concern I have no idea how he would feel but, I am sure he will let us know. In fact I remember at the time I heard that he was the one who actual paid for her funeral which I thought was odd at the time.

Lets see if this makes it out of the house or if Faith will keep up abreast as to the how things are progressing. I mean I have heard some singers talk about a new CD coming out for two years that never seem to get pressed.

captainjames
10-10-2010, 10:55 PM
.............and Marv can you please tell how we can go from No One cares what Diana and Berry thinks because they are retired to when its over they will be Public Enemy Number # 1 ?
If No One cares then No One would care if they became Public Enemy Number #1 unless your the one who cares.

Hi Ya Ya I tell you some days you should stay in the shell.

marv2
10-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Paying for Florence Ballard's funeral was not odd. He was paying it with basically HER money! Think about it. Oh and Diane cares, she cares a LOT now that she is a grandmummy! LOL!!!!

marv2
10-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Let me clarify something for you Capt'n'. I personally do not care because I know the story, the truth since 1976 of what happened. I also don't care what Diane and Berry think about this movie, nor will any producers or backers care about what they think.

NOW, the public already has their ideas about Diane and Berry and their part in the destruction of Florence Ballard. Once a film is released, the thoughts of the them as "public enemy number one" will just start all over again. Understand now? Capece? I hope that helps your understanding of what I was saying earlier. If it doesn't, I don't care. LOL!!!!!!

captainjames
10-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Well let me just add .........yawn.

marv2
10-10-2010, 11:08 PM
You can add whatever you like. You just can't add [[or take away) from the truth!

jonc
10-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Capt' n', don't play yourself, everybody knows that if this film gets made, Berry Gordy and Diane Ross are going to be Public Enemy NUMBER ONE! and no one else! LOL!!!

ROTFLMFAO. You need boots on to wade through your fabricated BS.

captainjames
10-10-2010, 11:21 PM
The truth is that no amount of books or movies or CD's or plays or Lies will ever bring Flo back to us nor will it blackball or destroy Motown or Diana or Berry. It is what it is, The Supremes as we knew them are gone. Let her rest in peace.

It was an amazing ride and it was fun to watch a black owned company groom and present so many stars. The history books will say that Diana Ross was the lead singer of one of the greatest girl groups of all time and she went on to become a great Superstar. As Mary and many Motowners have said Diana knew what she wanted the minute she stepped into that group. Florence was pushed aside by a lot more people than what has been said but there are always two ways to fight to get what you want. Unfortunately, Flo was destructive in her fighting. It was Berry's company and he was the boss.

nomis
10-10-2010, 11:26 PM
throwing a drink in the face of your boss at 20 grand was probably her undoing..I think her days were numbered after that..

marv2
10-11-2010, 12:00 AM
The truth is that no amount of books or movies or CD's or plays or Lies will ever bring Flo back to us nor will it blackball or destroy Motown or Diana or Berry. It is what it is, The Supremes as we knew them are gone. Let her rest in peace.

It was an amazing ride and it was fun to watch a black owned company groom and present so many stars. The history books will say that Diana Ross was the lead singer of one of the greatest girl groups of all time and she went on to become a great Superstar. As Mary and many Motowners have said Diana knew what she wanted the minute she stepped into that group. Florence was pushed aside by a lot more people than what has been said but there are always two ways to fight to get what you want. Unfortunately, Flo was destructive in her fighting. It was Berry's company and he was the boss.

No it can not bring Florence back. She is in the arms of the Lord. It will however teach younger people lessons when they make the decision to go into showbusiness . As for Diane and Berry, the most important judgement awaits them and us all.

marv2
10-11-2010, 12:02 AM
throwing a drink in the face of your boss at 20 grand was probably her undoing..I think her days were numbered after that..

Nomis, it goes wayyyyyy beyond that. Flo throwing a drink in Berry's face after he insulted her in public was comic relief in terms of importance to this story.

simplysupreme
10-11-2010, 02:00 AM
NOW, the public already has their ideas about Diane and Berry and their part in the destruction of Florence Ballard. Once a film is released, the thoughts of the them as "public enemy number one" will just start all over again.

Didn't you sing this same song when Dreamgirls was released and once again when the book by that Mark guy came out? Where's the "uproar"? LOL

captainjames
10-11-2010, 09:25 AM
LOL ............
The only uproar is on this thread, Diana has definitely moved on, Berry I am not sure where he stands in any of this since he blasted DREAMGIRLS for twisting the facts. I think he did end up getting an apology eventually but, I can't remember. Flo's grils have even said to the press that they DO NOT blame Diana for anything that happen to their mother. So, why anything of this nature is being presented as a vehicle to "oust" Diana and Berry is silly. Its 2010 and Flo left us in 1976 [[wow was it really that long ago). She has been gone from us longer than she was with us.

Spiritually I believe Diana has moved on to higher ground about what happen as four teenage girls who had a dream. Diana wanted to be a star...she was and is !! Mary wanted to sing with her girlfriends for ever and get out of the ghetto. She did.

Flo's life was so short lived that it was almost her purpose in life was to bring Barbara, Mary and Diana together as a unit. I am glad she had the chance to make an album so folks could hear what she really sounded like instead of making up things about her voice. I love Flo but all those stories about being another Aretha Franklin.....uh no !!

Perhaps there will one day be a book about how Cindy Birdsong was fired from the Supremes and ohhhhhhhhhhh NO Mary and Pedro will be public enemy number 1 or 2 ? or maybe how Roz was fired from the Vandellas and Martha will be public enemy number 3.

There really is no hype here and Berry I am sure has done some things that were not right in his life but all the Motown artists seem to love and respect him for what he did so, whats up with that ?

on a sidebar; One of the Andantes said [[its in their book and I can't remember which one said it) that Diana has carried alot of hurt around with her for a long time). I believe that because I believe she got blammed for a lot of things that was not in her doing. Mary is even quoted in the new box set of "Meet The Supremes" as saying that it wasn't Diana that went back and told Berry that Barbara wreck his car. I could go on and on about the different stories that have been told that have been proven LIES like trying to hit a blind kid or changing clothes but I won't.

It is what it is and its done and over.

topdiva1
10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Flo Ballards story hopefully will one day be made into a movie, she deserves this and more. It will be a great way for her to be remembered for a long time. However, ti say this movie is CONFIRMED is premature - without funding, a studio, and a director. Studios may want to do this movie - with another leading lady in mind - at minimum you will need 50 million or more.

captainjames
10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Flo Ballards story hopefully will one day be made into a movie, she deserves this and more. It will be a great way for her to be remembered for a long time. However, ti say this movie is CONFIRMED is premature - without funding, a studio, and a director. Studios may want to do this movie - with another leading lady in mind - at minimum you will need 50 million or more.

Now this I will agree with !!!

marv2
10-11-2010, 01:53 PM
LOL ............
captainjames - The only uproar is on this thread, Diana has definitely moved on,

Moved on to where? Last I heard she was still alive and roaming the Earth.

captainjames - Flo's grils have even said to the press that they DO NOT blame Diana for anything that happen to their mother. So, why anything of this nature is being presented as a vehicle to "oust" Diana and Berry is silly.

I did not hear anyone talking about making a movie to blame Diane for anything. Besides, those girls weren't even around when their mother was in the Supremes. It sounds like to me that you personally are afraid of something? The story is already out there. Some people have already made up their minds about what they believed happened.

captainjames - Its 2010 and Flo left us in 1976 [[wow was it really that long ago). She has been gone from us longer than she was with us.

That's sad isn't it?

captainjames - Spiritually I believe Diana has moved on to higher ground about what happen as four teenage girls.........

I wholly disagree.

captainjames - Perhaps there will one day be a book about how Cindy Birdsong was fired from the Supremes and ohhhhhhhhhhh NO Mary and Pedro will be public enemy number 1 or 2 ? or maybe how Roz was fired from the Vandellas and Martha will be public enemy number 3.

Those stories are out there too, however Florence's story involved a lot more than just being fired...........hehehehehe.....

captainjames - There really is no hype here and Berry I am sure has done some things that were not right in his life but all the Motown artists seem to love and respect him for what he did so, whats up with that ?

Who told you that?

captainjames - on a sidebar; One of the Andantes said [[its in their book and I can't remember which one said it) that Diana has carried alot of hurt around with her for a long time).

and we care about Diane's hurt because?

captainjames - I believe that because I believe she got blammed for a lot of things that was not in her doing. Mary is even quoted in the new box set of "Meet The Supremes" as saying that it wasn't Diana that went back and told Berry that Barbara wreck his car. I could go on and on about the different stories that have been told that have been proven LIES like trying to hit a blind kid or changing clothes but I won't.

Those were not lies. They were in Mary Wilson's first book and have been coborrated [[sp?) by several eyewitnesses. Why would all those people make these events up?

captainjames - It is what it is and its done and over.

It's not over.....trust me! LOL!!!!

captainjames
10-11-2010, 01:57 PM
It's not over.....trust me! LOL!!!!

My My My
I think you just called Mary a Liar.

marv2
10-11-2010, 02:04 PM
My My My
I think you just called Mary a Liar.

You wished. That could never happen. Read it again and if you need help understanding what I wrote, feel free to ask and I'll try to help you.

Thanks

captainjames
10-11-2010, 02:07 PM
I read very well and I undestand better than you know and I realize you need help to confront your bitterness and hatred that you have carried around for so many years. You are not a Supreme and you were not there !!

captainjames
10-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Anyway, I hope Faith will get more sales out of her new CD which is probably the intention behind this and as far a movie or Bio...................time will tell. Until then ..............Next !!

marv2
10-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I read very well and I undestand better than you know and I realize you need help to confront your bitterness and hatred that you have carried around for so many years. You are not a Supreme and you were not there !!

Excuse me? My bitterness and hatred? Heck! I am probably the happiest guy that I know! LOL! I had nothing to do with these peoples character and behavor LOL! I am sorry if I upset you in someway. I really was under the impression that you could handle it. My bad.

marv2
10-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Insults will get you nowhere. Now have a great day! LOL!!!!!

tomato tom
10-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Can we just rememeber the GOOD about Flo, and her voice..amazing as it was?Yes she deserved a WHOLE lot better than what went down. But the past is the past. So she drank a little booze,.Mary liked a bit of C, and Diana got busted for booze when driving too. SO WHAT, they are HUMAN!!! What is it about the Human condition that makes everyone GO INTO ATTACK & DESTROY mode. I really feel sad that, for all the good, You guys are fighting over..what?..Please tell me..Paulo XXX

topdiva1
10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Can we just rememeber the GOOD about Flo, and her voice..amazing as it was?Yes she deserved a WHOLE lot better than what went down. But the past is the past. So she drank a little booze,.Mary liked a bit of C, and Diana got busted for booze when driving too. SO WHAT, they are HUMAN!!! What is it about the Human condition that makes everyone GO INTO ATTACK & DESTROY mode. I really feel sad that, for all the good, You guys are fighting over..what?..Please tell me..Paulo XXX

Thanks for posting the real truth - they have been apparently fighting here so long and so hard that they forgot what they are all so angry about - GOOD GOD GIRLS!!!

1382hitsville
10-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Here we go again....a thread about Flo and it all turns out nasty because of Diana / Diane and Berry....

It's great news the story of Flo maybe will be made in to a movie, and yes...Diana / Diane and Berry played a role in her life. But....her life is so much more than that. Her music, her spirit. Let's just hope it will be about her strenght and her power.

Not the sames Supremes b*tching that has gone on for years. Mostly by people that call themselves fans.

The Supremes where the most important girl group of all times. They have inspired a generation. Made possible by the bussiness sense of Berry and the talents of all the individual Supremes. The still living Supremes appriciate this and celebrate their legacy.

Let's join them and quit with the fighting and blaiming of incidents that has happened more than 40 years ago.

"It's what in the groove that counts"

topdiva1
10-11-2010, 06:00 PM
here we go again....a thread about flo and it all turns out nasty because of diana / diane and berry....

It's great news the story of flo maybe will be made in to a movie, and yes...diana / diane and berry played a role in her life. But....her life is so much more than that. Her music, her spirit. Let's just hope it will be about her strenght and her power.

Not the sames supremes b*tching that has gone on for years. Mostly by people that call themselves fans.

The supremes where the most important girl group of all times. They have inspired a generation. Made possible by the bussiness sense of berry and the talents of all the individual supremes. The still living supremes appriciate this and celebrate their legacy.

Let's join them and quit with the fighting and blaiming of incidents that has happened more than 40 years ago.

"it's what in the groove that counts"

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

phyl
10-11-2010, 07:14 PM
You can add whatever you like. You just can't add [[or take away) from the truth!

you got thar rithg marv.

phyl
10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
You wished. That could never happen. Read it again and if you need help understanding what I wrote, feel free to ask and I'll try to help you.

Thanks

marv loves mary wilson wand owuld never call her a liar. captain ajames you betre treat marv with respect hes my friend hes good peopele so you stop talkisng shit about marv.

phyl
10-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Here we go again....a thread about Flo and it all turns out nasty because of Diana / Diane and Berry....

It's great news the story of Flo maybe will be made in to a movie, and yes...Diana / Diane and Berry played a role in her life. But....her life is so much more than that. Her music, her spirit. Let's just hope it will be about her strenght and her power.

Not the sames Supremes b*tching that has gone on for years. Mostly by people that call themselves fans.

The Supremes where the most important girl group of all times. They have inspired a generation. Made possible by the bussiness sense of Berry and the talents of all the individual Supremes. The still living Supremes appriciate this and celebrate their legacy.

"It's what in the groove that counts"

it bettere be a bmovie about flo if its a movie abuot diana ross it would be a porno miovie ha haaha .

phyl
10-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Insults will get you nowhere. Now have a great day! LOL!!!!!

hah ahhaa ha you tlel him marv. cpatina james is an ashsole.

marv2
10-11-2010, 07:21 PM

Good post Paulo!!!

captainjames
10-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Ok, so are you just completely illiterate or just plain dumb? I really do not care who your friends are or whom he runs to for support to try and back him up on this site. The facts speak for themselves and the truth will set you free. Now go crawl back into your cave and do your research before you come for me again. Also, try using spellcheck and learn the english language.

captainjames
10-11-2010, 10:44 PM

I am willing to take off the boxing gloves as long as others can retain themselves from knocking one Supreme down to try and rise up another one.

jonc
10-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Ok, so are you just completely illiterate or just plain dumb? I really do not care who your friends are or whom he runs to for support to try and back him up on this site. The facts speak for themselves and the truth will set you free. Now go crawl back into your cave and do your research before you come for me again. Also, try using spellcheck and learn the english language.

She's neither dumb nor illiterate. She's a harmless drunk who adores Mary Wilson.

Phyl is loved by "Marv the fool" as she [[like him) says vile things about Diana and Lynda over at his MWOS Yahoo group.

captainjames
10-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks ..........it is all making sense now.

marv2
10-11-2010, 11:23 PM

Don't talk to her like that. No one called you dumb and you've made glaring mistakes in some posts Capt'n.

captainjames
10-12-2010, 12:39 AM

First blood was drawn here ..........so I reserve the right to call her/him what I want.

msshonuff4u
10-12-2010, 07:01 AM
i think after tvone more people get interested in the stars
they seem to have forgotten.
same with tammi terrell. should be a movie based on her
determination

marv2
10-12-2010, 08:14 AM
http://hellobeautiful.com/gossip-news/hellobeautifulstaff1/faith-evans-to-play-ex-supremes-singer-florence-ballard/?omcamp=NEWSBAR

topdiva1
10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
http://hellobeautiful.com/gossip-news/hellobeautifulstaff1/faith-evans-to-play-ex-supremes-singer-florence-ballard/?omcamp=NEWSBAR

Thanks for posting this Marv - It seems that Faith and The possible movie is getting the buzz needed to generate interest - and find the money to do this project - let us hope it happens.

phyl
10-12-2010, 07:03 PM

the namee fo thsi club is souldtul detorit forum not soulful detroiot spelloing class i come on the irnternet after wrooking my ass of fday so i can have fun and have my sya and i dont give a shit if i odnt spell alt he words right why dont you take the stikci out of your asshole and clean the shit out of it.

phyl
10-12-2010, 07:04 PM
i think after tvone more people get interested in the stars
they seem to have forgotten.
same with tammi terrell. should be a movie based on her
determination

that s the tkind of miove iw ant to see they should als make a amovie abuot mary wislon shes the uspreme supreme and shes a reall survevior.

MissLish
10-13-2010, 04:49 AM
Gary Coleman?

MissLish
10-13-2010, 04:58 AM
and neck high ones at that!!

MissLish
10-13-2010, 05:00 AM
It's the same old song from the same tired singer. Bless his heart! LOL!

MissLish
10-13-2010, 05:04 AM
LOL ............
The only uproar is on this thread. Flo's grils have even said to the press that they DO NOT blame Diana for anything that happen to their mother. So, why anything of this nature is being presented as a vehicle to "oust" Diana and Berry is silly.

Not silly good Captain, the daughters don't have to have harsh feelings towards Miss Ross; that is why Marv2 was born.

captainjames
10-13-2010, 08:11 AM
the namee fo thsi club is souldtul detorit forum not soulful detroiot spelloing class i come on the irnternet after wrooking my ass of fday so i can have fun and have my sya and i dont give a shit if i odnt spell alt he words right why dont you take the stikci out of your asshole and clean the shit out of it.

As I said before I have no idea what your saying I do not speak this language, English, French and some cantonese. As far as body language ? tae kwon do and Adithada. Other than that I am sorry you have lost me.

arrr&bee
10-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....wow i don't think it would be this much debate if jesus came back...repeat after me-it's only a movie-it's only a movie!!!

MissLish
10-14-2010, 12:19 PM
LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO @ arr&bee! LOLOLOLOL!!

topdiva1
10-14-2010, 06:11 PM
This movie on Flo Ballard - will most likely knock the fake DREAMGIRLS movie right out of our memories.

marv2
10-14-2010, 06:29 PM
This movie on Flo Ballard - will most likely knock the fake DREAMGIRLS movie right out of our memories.

TOTALLY! How did the song go? "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing Baby"!

marv2
10-14-2010, 06:34 PM
The news is gathering steam.........

http://clatl.com/cribnotes/archives/2010/10/13/faith-evans-to-play-florence-ballard-of-the-supremes-in-biopic

Motown_M_1056
10-15-2010, 08:55 AM

http://clatl.com/cribnotes/archives/2010/10/13/faith-evans-to-play-florence-ballard-of-the-supremes-in-biopic

Still nothing from credible news sources like The New York Times, just more talk from blogs and fan blogs. Still no producer, no director, no studio, no script, etc.

marv2
10-15-2010, 09:03 AM
It's been what? a whole week? The rights to the film have just been bought. Give it a minute ok?

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 11:13 AM

Boy was this a bitter review about Flo Ballards life from someone who surely did not even met the lady. Wow!!!

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 11:20 AM
The film will start filming in January 2011, and the script has long been done - including much from Tony Turner's ALL THAT GLITTERED - My Life With The Supremes - showing young Flo on the road. So yes rights have been purchased from different writers thus putting together a hard hitting truthful script that will surely dispell many myths.

Myth one - FLO GAINED WEIGH AND GOT FAT.

In my research and looking at tons of pictures - which I am certain you all have seen - can someone please show me a picture of a FAT FLO BALLARD taken while see was in The Supremes - performing on stage. I cannot find a photo where Flo looks out of shape and fat while she was in The Supremes. Flo Ballard was not fat and overweight while in The Supremes.

Motown_M_1056
10-15-2010, 12:30 PM
It's been what? a whole week? The rights to the film have just been bought. Give it a minute ok?

No one can finance a film in one week's time. Just because the rights have been purchased to a book or a few dollars have gone to some deceased person's heirs does not necessarily mean a movie is set to begin shooting. Like Ii said; no studio, no production money, no director, no script means NO MOVIE! Not YET!

skooldem1
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM

Is Myth one still a myth?

Everyone knows she was fired because she disrespected the company she worked for and its president, and drank too much. Berry said things like that to fvck with her, but it was never the reason why she was fired.

jobeterob
10-15-2010, 02:03 PM
This will be a popular email.

Almost every artist that left Berry and Motown did not do as well as when they were at Motown and if they had an initial flurry of activity, it didn't last. They have all gone on to sing the praises of Berry Gordy and Motown; every last Vandella, Temptation, Supreme, Top, Miracle and Contour.

Berry Gordy didn't tolerate drunks, lazy people, or druggies unless they were churning out the hits. He even eventually dumped his brother in law, Marvin Gaye.

Florence Ballard has a story and it is interesting. The fact is she never sold 5000 records after her time with the Supremes, she was an alcoholic, she never held a job after the Supremes, she raised a bunch of now adult people that have never worked either and have no career.

Praise it if you wish, but it is what it is.

And I totally loved Florence's duet with Diana on Manhattan and her strong background to the Diana voice on You Keep Me Hanging On and Nothing But Heartaches and many others.

marv2
10-15-2010, 03:27 PM
The film will start filming in January 2011, and the script has long been done - including much from Tony Turner's ALL THAT GLITTERED - My Life With The Supremes - showing young Flo on the road. So yes rights have been purchased from different writers thus putting together a hard hitting truthful script that will surely dispell many myths.

In my research and looking at tons of pictures - which I am certain you all have seen - can someone please show me a picture of a FAT FLO BALLARD taken while see was in The Supremes - performing on stage. I cannot find a photo where Flo looks out of shape and fat while she was in The Supremes. Flo Ballard was not fat and overweight while in The Supremes.

I have been saying that for years and I have probably seen every available photograph of Florence with the Supremes right up to the month she was fired. She was not fat in any of them. Berry Gordy and Diana Ross lied about that . That was one of the things they used against her, to break her down, etc.

marv2
10-15-2010, 03:30 PM
No one can finance a film in one week's time. Just because the rights have been purchased to a book or a few dollars have gone to some deceased person's heirs does not necessarily mean a movie is set to begin shooting. Like Ii said; no studio, no production money, no director, no script means NO MOVIE! Not YET!

So I would guess this is your last post about it since from your perspective , there is nothing to talk about?

marv2
10-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Is Myth one still a myth?

Everyone knows she was fired because she disrespected the company she worked for and its president, and drank too much. Berry said things like that to fvck with her, but it was never the reason why she was fired.

That's true Skooldem, they F**KED over her in a real bad way. Florence was a young, beautiful, proud Black Woman with a generous heart and they beat her down, tried to drive her crazy and destroy her self-esteem.

marv2
10-15-2010, 03:40 PM

Almost every artist that left Berry and Motown did not do as well as when they were at Motown and if they had an initial flurry of activity, it didn't last. They have all gone on to sing the praises of Berry Gordy and Motown; every last Vandella, Temptation, Supreme, Top, Miracle and Contour.

Berry Gordy didn't tolerate drunks, lazy people, or druggies unless they were churning out the hits. He even eventually dumped his brother in law, Marvin Gaye.

Florence Ballard has a story and it is interesting. The fact is she never sold 5000 records after her time with the Supremes, she was an alcoholic, she never held a job after the Supremes, she raised a bunch of now adult people that have never worked either and have no career.

And I totally loved Florence's duet with Diana on Manhattan and her strong background to the Diana voice on You Keep Me Hanging On and Nothing But Heartaches and many others.

That is a LIE about Marvin Gaye. Berry Gordy did not dump him from Motown, he quit! Marvin was highly pissed that Motown went and released the "In Our Lifetime" album in 1981 unfinished and without his consent. He negotiated his release and went to CBS Records where he scored big time, immediately with "Sexual Healing" in 1982!

marv2
10-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Your attempt to trash Florence Ballard [[who is an American Music Legend) with your sly, worth-less comments is sad. The truth is, Florence accomplished more in her 32 years on this Earth than you could in three lifetimes! Adding her daughters in the mix of your attempted degradation of Florences' name is pitiful. From all accounts, they are decent young women and mothers.

marv2
10-15-2010, 04:00 PM

Jobeterob, that is ANOTHER LIE you are telling here. Florence never had the opportunity to raise and nurture her children into adulthood...............she died.

olamaebarto
10-15-2010, 04:04 PM

Capt. I think our friend tends to hit the sauce while posting. Cut the poor gal some slack.

olamaebarto
10-15-2010, 04:07 PM

Define "our" dear.

marv2
10-15-2010, 04:19 PM

Raynoma Gordy-Singleton said that Berry was a small time pimp at one time down on John R. in Detroit. That part you wrote about " They have all gone on to sing the praises of Berry Gordy and Motown; every last Vandella, Temptation, Supreme, Top, Miracle and Contour" is not true at all, Eddie Kendricks said that he really didn't know Berry Gordy well and that Gordy did not care much for him. David has said things that are unmentionable here. Many more have had their say in court when they sued him............

When was the last time you spoke to any of the Contours?

marv2
10-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Jobeterob, whomever is feeding you this sh**, you need to go get your money back or at least sue them for "malpractice" 98% of what you post is WRONG! Geez!

jonc
10-15-2010, 04:52 PM
98% of what you post is WRONG! Geez!

LMFAO. This from the man who told us all he was working on a "hush hush" Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special.

ROTFLMFAO. You have sold more whoppers than Burger King.

pshark
10-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Geesh, somebody should make a movie of this thread
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/49500/Royal-rumble-Tag-team--49692.jpg

useyourchucklemuscle
10-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Geesh, somebody should make a movie of this thread
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/49500/Royal-rumble-Tag-team--49692.jpg

I love Charle's trews!

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I wonder how much of the movie will be devoted to Flo's time in The Supremes.

Motown_M_1056
10-15-2010, 06:29 PM
So I would guess this is your last post about it since from your perspective , there is nothing to talk about?

My last post on this thread will be one that says "I told you so" when this film is not made...just like the ones on Sam Cooke, Otis Redding and Marvin Gaye.

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 07:08 PM
My last post on this thread will be one that says "I told you so" when this film is not made...just like the ones on Sam Cooke, Otis Redding and Marvin Gaye.

And sad to say - you could be right. And I give you that!!!!

smark21
10-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Internet movie database is a site that has info on films made and films in production and projects in the pipeline. So far nothing on this supposed film about Florence Ballard.

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Internet movie database is a site that has info on films made and films in production and projects in the pipeline. So far nothing on this supposed film about Florence Ballard.

Finally some informative and useful information - THANKS!!

smark21
10-15-2010, 07:57 PM

I think "Manhattan" is one of the worst things the Supremes ever did. Diana and Flo sing Rodgers melody just fine, but it's obvious that no one involved in the recording of the song understand the satire and irony of Hart's lyrics. A totally clueless performance of the lyrics. I think Florence's vocal talents are way overrated by those who think she has a great voice. Having a big loud voice is not the same as being a good singer. Diana and Mary are both better singers than Flo, especially Diana, as she has the gift for phrasing, while Mary is an outstanding group/harmony vocalist who can also do well on a smokey ballad.

marv2
10-15-2010, 08:08 PM

Oh, so that's why you're here? I really hope they do complete and release this movie. If it doesn't happen like you are hoping, it will not add or take away anything from me personally. I know the story as they say "inside and out". I want this movie most for the younger generation that are under the impression that Florences true story was told in the film "Dreamgirls". Now some know the truth and with this film, more will know the truth!

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Oh, so that's why you're here? I really hope they do complete and release this movie. If it doesn't happen like you are hoping, it will not add or take away anything from me personally. I know the story as they say "inside and out". I want this movie most for the younger generation that are under the impression that Florences true story was told in the film "Dreamgirls". Now some know the truth and with this film, more will know the truth!

Amen - as Tina said to Ike - NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

useyourchucklemuscle
10-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Amen - as Tina said to Ike - NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you should know, Tony, as they're your parents!

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 08:15 PM
And you should know, Tony, as they're your parents!

Damn you continue to grow more dense by the mere second - what are you in grammar school - grow up old maid

marv2
10-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hh295ZRErc

useyourchucklemuscle
10-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Damn you continue to grow more dense by the mere second - what are you in grammar school - grow up old maid

Make your mind up, Tony.
Am I young and in grammar school or an old maid? Poor America, spewing out the likes of imbeciles such as you from the education system. It doesn't bode well for its future.

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 09:06 AM
make your mind up, tony.
Am i young and in grammar school or an old maid? Poor america, spewing out the likes of imbeciles such as you from the education system. It doesn't bode well for its future.

then do not call us to fight your wars, since we americans are impeciles.

soulballad
10-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Whether this movie is made or not made it's still poetic justice for Flo and her family! The plan was to erase her from Supremes history and minimize her importance in the Supremes and in music in general. But here we are over 40 years after she was let go from the group and over thirty years since her passing still talking about Florence Ballard. Not bad for a background singer way behind Diana Ross [[I'm being sarcastic here!) We've had the Mysteries And Scandals, Unsung and now a movie is being talked about, not to mention lot's of vaulted material some of which should have been released. This is pretty good in my opinon. This just shows how things come around regardless of some of the negative things being said. In a sense Flo gets the last say! Of course Florence couldn't care less about any of this because she resting in peace but it must feel good for her girls to see they're mom's still out there. I bet this is a big shock and surely unnerving for those who played a part in this mess. Poetic justice is served again!They'll get to live long uneasy lives always watching and making sure that the truth doesn't get out [[especially while they're still alive)and protecting the image that most of us know now was just a facade. Florence get to be at peace and her light shines brighter here on Earth too!

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Whether this movie is made or not made it's still poetic justice for Flo and her family! The plan was to erase her from Supremes history and minimize her importance in the Supremes and in music in general. But here we are over 40 years after she was let go from the group and over thirty years since her passing still talking about Florence Ballard. Not bad for a background singer way behind Diana Ross [[I'm being sarcastic here!) We've had the Mysteries And Scandals, Unsung and now a movie is being talked about, not to mention lot's of vaulted material some of which should have been released. This is pretty good in my opinon. This just shows how things come around regardless of some of the negative things being said. In a sense Flo gets the last say! Of course Florence couldn't care less about any of this because she resting in peace but it must feel good for her girls to see they're mom's still out there. I bet this is a big shock and surely unnerving for those who played a part in this mess. Poetic justice is served again!They'll get to live long uneasy lives always watching and making sure that the truth doesn't get out [[especially while they're still alive)and protecting the image that most of us know now was just a facade. Florence get to be at peace and her light shines brighter on Earth!

AT LAST - someone who spoke the truth in an elegant way. I thank you sir - Yes most of us know that the image the remaining Supremes and others from Motown are protecting is just a fake facade - but many do not want to look behind that facade - and thus spill hatred for those that have dared to pull the curtain back.

I thank you for your words for you speak the natural truth.

Flo Ballard's children desire a film to be made about their mother - that sets history - and hysterical people straight at last.

Flo is having the last laugh some 40 years later - and I hope will now find eternal peace.

marv2
10-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Topdiva, someone wanted to pass along a message to you. Please check your private messages / notifications.
Thanks.

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks

Regards and Reflections

useyourchucklemuscle
10-16-2010, 09:35 AM
then do not call us to fight your wars, since we americans are impeciles.

Impeciles? Again, your English Language tutor must be cringing, Topsy! The word you mean is 'IMBECILES'!
And I have never, to my knowledge, called you to fight my wars, dear heart! As far as I am aware I am not at war. Well, I'm in a bit of a tussle with my runaway midriff, but I'm not about to show you that! It's too frightening for a young student [[LOLOL!!!) such as yourself!
And, someone as intellectually inept as yourself would, if you ever did go to war, find yourself nothing but 'frontline fodder'.
You need to try harder in your responses to me [[actually, I thought you had 'hit the ignore button' on me), young man [[again..LOLOL!!!!) as you are barely testing me.
Please revise!!!!!

marv2
10-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Whether this movie is made or not made it's still poetic justice for Flo and her family! The plan was to erase her from Supremes history and minimize her importance in the Supremes and in music in general. But here we are over 40 years after she was let go from the group and over thirty years since her passing still talking about Florence Ballard. Not bad for a background singer way behind Diana Ross [[I'm being sarcastic here!) We've had the Mysteries And Scandals, Unsung and now a movie is being talked about, not to mention lot's of vaulted material some of which should have been released. This is pretty good in my opinon. This just shows how things come around regardless of some of the negative things being said. In a sense Flo gets the last say! Of course Florence couldn't care less about any of this because she resting in peace but it must feel good for her girls to see they're mom's still out there. I bet this is a big shock and surely unnerving for those who played a part in this mess. Poetic justice is served again!They'll get to live long uneasy lives always watching and making sure that the truth doesn't get out [[especially while they're still alive)and protecting the image that most of us know now was just a facade. Florence get to be at peace and her light shines brighter here on Earth too!

Soulballad, great post. I've known since 1976 that this story, Florence Ballard's story would never go away. It hit too hard and hurt too much for a lot of people. There was a real concerted effort to "erase"Florence and get the public to forget about here and more precisely, what happened to her. [[They cut her pictures out of some of the Supremes photos at the Old Motown Museum).

She may have left this World, but those responsible for her misery will never have any peace. When I was younger, it use to puzzle me how people could defend obvious corruption and wrongdoing. Today all that does is causes me to question the moral characters of people that do the defending. It's called bearing false witness I believe when I hear, "Florence did IT to herself". When people say that they are purposely telling only a percentage of the total story behind Florence Ballards' life and trying to cover for someone.

Poetic Justice is a good term to describe this phenomena regarding the public's fascination with the life of Florence Ballard. Her memory is giving fits to some.

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Soulballad, great post. I've known since 1976 that this story, Florence Ballard's story would never go away. It hit too hard and hurt too much for a lot of people. There was a real concerted effort to "erase"Florence and get the public to forget about here and more precisely, what happened to her. [[They cut her pictures out of some of the Supremes photos at the Old Motown Museum).

She may have left this World, but those responsible for her misery will never have any peace. When I was younger, it use to puzzle me how people could defend obvious corruption and wrongdoing. Today all that does is causes me to question the moral characters of people that do the defending. It's called bearing false witness I believe when I hear, "Florence did IT to herself". When people say that they are purposely telling only a percentage of the total story behind Florence Ballards' life and trying to cover for someone.

Poetic Justice is a good term to describe this phenomena regarding the public's fascination with the life of Florence Ballard. Her memory is giving fits to some.

Great post from Marv and Soulballard.

ZI am sure just the talk of this movie is giving fits to some - and cash to their lawyers.

But, for the Motown Musuem to have cut out pictures of Flo Ballard and remove them from display 0 is plain silly and bearing witness to an old childhood vendetta - who could be so damn petty.

soulballad
10-16-2010, 09:56 AM
It still amazes me how people are so quick to shift all of the blame to Florence, completely overlooking the cause and what started it all. In my older age I understand that people need to believe whatever makes them most comfortable regardless of if it's right or wrong! It's like that uneducated white racist who lives in a shed deep in Mississippi who still believes that just because he's white he's better than every black person. In his heart of hearts he knows he's at the bottom of the barrel but he keeps holding on to that lie because he's nothing without it! Florence was not perfect and of course NO ONE is but a lot of the tactics and manipulations used on her and against her where just EVIL. After a while it seemed that some people where really getting off on trying to bring her down. That kind of hate is coming from a really dark place and it makes me wonder if she really did know something more. I don't know???
I have to also mention that there where a lot of people on Flo's side the whole time but they also felt powerless and scared. A lot of them were careful about being around her or avoided her altogether fearing that the same might happen to them. Years later everyone "claims" to be one happy loving family. Yeah right!

marv2
10-16-2010, 09:59 AM
They tortured that girl.

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 10:10 AM
It still amazes me how people are so quick to shift all of the blame to Florence, completely overlooking the cause and what started it all. In my older age I understand that people need to believe whatever makes them most comfortable regardless of if it's right or wrong! It's like that uneducated white racist who lives in a shed deep in Mississippi who still believes that just because he's white he's better than every black person. In his heart of hearts he knows he's at the bottom of the barrel but he keeps holding on to that lie because he's nothing without it! Florence was not perfect and of course NO ONE is but a lot of the tactics and manipulations used on her and against her where just EVIL. After a while it seemed that some people where really getting off on trying to bring her down. That kind of hate is coming from a really dark place and it makes me wonder if she really did know something more. I don't know???
I have to also mention that there where a lot of people on Flo's side the whole time but they also felt powerless and scared. A lot of them were careful about being around her or avoided her altogether fearing that the same might happen to them. Years later everyone "claims" to be one happy loving family. Yeah right!

OUTSTANDING POST Just great - thanks so much for trying to enlighten us all.

What happened to Flo Ballard from what I have read - from Nelson George's book to most of the others was a crying shame - founding in EVIL WICKEDNESS,

marv2
10-16-2010, 10:16 AM
You remember that movie "The Omen"? The nurse/nanny that would do anything it took to protect "Damien"? Elements of that film I get reminded of whenever I read what a few people write in defense of what happened, what was done to Florence Ballard. They sound like they would do anything to protect certain people......not short of throwing themselves out a window!

People laugh and shrug it off when the word "evil" is used nowadays, it sounds so old fashioned, but churren, let me tell ya it is very alive in this World right now..........

Motown_M_1056
10-16-2010, 10:50 AM

Someone has to be a voice of reason and logic on the thread.
. Some fans like to start a commotion over something that really is nothing. I hate to tell you, but if you're looking for truth from a motion picture that is from someone else's point of view, you are terribly naive. You talk about great evil committed against Florence. What a bunch of bullshit. As if she was the only one to get moved or kicked out of something. The music business is full of such stories. What you've done is turn Florence Ballard into the patron saint of losers & victims...something she would have never have wanted.
The younger generation, as you call it, cares very little about the Supremes or Florence Ballard. This story has very limited appeal because the audience for it [[fanatics like you) are aging and dying off everyday and you can't change that.
Someone else said they checked IMDB and found no information on this proposed film. I check that database as well - no mention of a Florence Ballard film, at least not yet.

marv2
10-16-2010, 12:05 PM
. Some fans like to start a commotion over something that really is nothing. I hate to tell you, but if you're looking for truth from a motion picture that is from someone else's point of view, you are terribly naive. You talk about great evil committed against Florence. What a bunch of bullshit. As if she was the only one to get moved or kicked out of something. The music business is full of such stories. What you've done is turn Florence Ballard into the patron saint of losers & victims...something she would have never have wanted.
The younger generation, as you call it, cares very little about the Supremes or Florence Ballard. This story has very limited appeal because the audience for it [[fanatics like you) are aging and dying off everyday and you can't change that.
Someone else said they checked IMDB and found no information on this proposed film. I check that database as well - no mention of a Florence Ballard film, at least not yet.

Raw nerves are being exposed and it's still very early! Motown_M_1056.....THANK YOU!!!!!!

marv2
10-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Go to Google.com , type in faith evans as florence ballard. Tell me what you see.

Motown_M_1056
10-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Go to Google.com , type in faith evans as florence ballard. Tell me what you see.

Bullshit put there by Faith Evans and other delusional fanatics like you!

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Bullshit put there by Faith Evans and other delusional fanatics like you!

There is nothing DELUSIONAL about a movie on Flo Ballard. As good or bad this movie will make a ton of money.

jillfoster
10-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Dear heart... if this movie truly is based on Benjaminson's book, then it is NOT a motion picture from someone else's point of view. Because his book is based on HOURS of interviews by FLO HERSELF. I'm sure everything in that movie will have words directly from Flo's mouth to back everything up. And that's what is scaring the crap out of Ross fans. Mary's book pretty much blew Diana's recording career out of the water, she's not had a top 40 hit in the United states ever since. This probably will indeed finish her career. I'm sure it's time for her to retire anyway. She's already playing some of the same Venues that Mary plays. And for HER, I'm sure that's a big step down. So get ready to cry in your beer, sweeties... it's time for the chickens to come home to roost.

Motown_M_1056
10-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Dear heart... if this movie truly is based on Benjaminson's book, then it is NOT a motion picture from someone else's point of view. Because his book is based on HOURS of interviews by FLO HERSELF. I'm sure everything in that movie will have words directly from Flo's mouth to back everything up. And that's what is scaring the crap out of Ross fans. Mary's book pretty much blew Diana's recording career out of the water, she's not had a top 40 hit in the United states ever since. This probably will indeed finish her career. I'm sure it's time for her to retire anyway. She's already playing some of the same Venues that Mary plays. And for HER, I'm sure that's a big step down. So get ready to cry in your beer, sweeties... it's time for the chickens to come home to roost.

Frankly I don't care what a proposed film does to Diana Ross' career, Mary Wilson or Anyone else. I'm just waiting for cameras to roll. a director to yell Action" and Faith Evans to stagger into place as po' Flo. You got Tony Turner and his band of idiots keeping up drama about something that may never happen. Don't believe the hype!

marv2
10-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Jill, I hadn't thought of that, but I believe you may have hit the nail on the head. After Mary totally destroyed Diane's recording career, now here comes Florence or the "Florence Ballard Story". It's like Diane's taking an one - two punch LOL! She's not doing that much anyway and hasn't in many years now. I believe most people think she retired years ago. Oh well......

Motown_M_1056
10-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Jill, I hadn't thought of that, but I believe you may have hit the nail on the head. After Mary totally destroyed Diane's recording career, now here comes Florence or the "Florence Ballard Story". It's like Diane's taking an one - two punch LOL! She's not doing that much anyway and hasn't in many years now. I believe most people think she retired years ago. Oh well......
I
If this film finishes off Diana Ross' career-- If it's the truthful story you claim it will be, then it certainly won't help Mary Wilson's career [[does she still have one without Diane?) either. She'll keep on playing county fairs, street carnivals, laundromat and bowling alley openings and making appearances at "Hi. I used to Be Somebody Famous" shows where fans pay her for autographs and other trinkets. nd where's this album she recorded back in the Nineties?

jonc
10-16-2010, 04:05 PM

You'd love to believe that people think DianE [[as you call her) retired years ago but Miss Ross is still selling out venues like Radio City Music Hall. You are twisted and bitter Marvie and you need to find a new obsession. Go finish your "hush hush"
Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special and post some clip here. This Flo movie will neither hurt or help Diana Ross. Her legend is intact. I hope Mary comes off better than she did in Benjaminson's book. LMFAO

jonc
10-16-2010, 04:13 PM

The only chickens that are coming home to roost are the ones crapping in your front yard Foster. Don't buy into Top"TonyTucker"Diva and Marfib's bullshit and hype. Neither queen one know the truth if it smacked them in their fat faces.

The 20 year old student [[AKA Tony Tucker) seems to think a script has been approved and cameras will roll in January 2011. It ain't gonna happen. There needs to be a studio, director, producers and full cast before one frame of film is even shot. I would bet the money hasn't even been raised to fund this movie.

jillfoster
10-16-2010, 04:18 PM
I
If this film finishes off Diana Ross' career-- If it's the truthful story you claim it will be, then it certainly won't help Mary Wilson's career [[does she still have one without Diane?) either. She'll keep on playing county fairs, street carnivals, laundromat and bowling alley openings and making appearances at "Hi. I used to Be Somebody Famous" shows where fans pay her for autographs and other trinkets. nd where's this album she recorded back in the Nineties?

90 percent of Mary's gigs are in the 1,000 to 3,000 seat range, and I never thought there was anything wrong with that. But now that Diana is taking those type of gigs as well, nobody ever talks about THAT. and you know darned good and well that Mary Wilson doens't play any bowling alleys or laundromats.

jonc
10-16-2010, 04:19 PM
90 percent of Mary's gigs are in the 1,000 to 3,000 seat range, and I never thought there was anything wrong with that. But now that Diana is taking those type of gigs as well, nobody ever talks about THAT. and you know darned good and well that Mary Wilson doens't play any bowling alleys or laundromats.

90% of Mary's gigs are in the 200 to 1,500 seat range Mr. Foster and that's a fact.

jillfoster
10-16-2010, 04:23 PM
90% of Mary's gigs are in the 200 to 1,500 seat range Mr. Foster and that's a fact.

It depends on the prestige of the gig sometimes, and not the size... you do know that the Copa and the Flamingo Hotel in Vegas were gigs in that range, back when DIANA was still in the Supremes.

jonc
10-16-2010, 04:35 PM
It depends on the prestige of the gig sometimes, and not the size... you do know that the Copa and the Flamingo Hotel in Vegas were gigs in that range, back when DIANA was still in the Supremes.

Oh.............so now you are backtracking Mr. F. LMFAO

smark21
10-16-2010, 04:36 PM
They tortured that girl.

During the GW Bush years, the United States adopted their torture and rendition practices on terrorist detainees by emulating how Berry and Diana tortured Flo. Poor Flo.

smark21
10-16-2010, 04:38 PM

Excellent post. Flo got a raw deal, no doubt, but she bears responsibility as well for how she ended up.

marv2
10-16-2010, 04:41 PM

Jill you are right. I just think that Motown_M_1056 is a sore head because I, like everyone else in America has not heard a new "Diana Ross" song on the radio since Mary's book some 24 or 25 years ago.........

smark21
10-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Jill you are right. I just think that Motown_M_1056 is a sore head because I, like everyone else in America has not heard a new "Diana Ross" song on the radio since Mary's book some 24 or 25 years ago.........

A few of Ross' singles in the late 80's and early 90's got some radio airplay in the US, just not much airplay.

jillfoster
10-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh.............so now you are backtracking Mr. F. LMFAO

No, I'm not... I never thought Diana Ross should be ashamed to play smaller gigs, her fans are the only ones who felt that way... that's why I like tweaking them.

marv2
10-16-2010, 04:51 PM
A few of Ross' singles in the late 80's and early 90's got some radio airplay in the US, just not much airplay.

Really? I honestly don't remember any past 1984's Missing You the tribute song to Marvin Gaye.

jonc
10-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Really? I honestly don't remember any past 1984's Missing You the tribute song to Marvin Gaye.

Do Mary Wilson's post Supremes songs get much airplay in the US Marfib?

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 09:41 PM
If this film is made - people like you will make it millions.

It will of course begin and remain shrouded in drama., controversy, and ill will.

However, somebody's about to get paid, and it ain't ya'll.

jonc
10-17-2010, 08:30 PM
If this film is made - people like you will make it millions.

It will of course begin and remain shrouded in drama., controversy, and ill will.

However, somebody's about to get paid, and it ain't ya'll.

And it certainly ain't you Tony Tucker.

topdiva1
10-17-2010, 10:03 PM

Florence Ballard via this movie - and even the Unsung piece still has Supreme Glamour and real GLORY.

I wonder if any former Supremes - FEAR THE DEAD

topdiva1
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM

If you are talking about Tony Turner - he won't miss the money, I assure you.

captainjames
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
well as soon as I can figure out how to post pics again I will post it. It says Ii have permission to do but it seems to want a link.

topdiva1
10-17-2010, 11:39 PM
You are one stupid cow Tony Tucker. No former living Supreme fears the late Florence Ballard.

I would not be so sure - reports are that Diane Ross is into santaria!!! All former Supremes are living except the great Florence Ballard - and many fear the spirit world.

BOO!!

topdiva1
10-17-2010, 11:41 PM
During the GW Bush years, the United States adopted their torture and rendition practices on terrorist detainees by emulating how Berry and Diana tortured Flo. Poor Flo.

I guess you think this is funny - damn your an idiot

marv2
10-18-2010, 12:03 AM
I would not be so sure - reports are that Diane Ross is into santaria!!! All former Supremes are living except the great Florence Ballard - and many fear the spirit world.

BOO!!

I knew that for a while, but never heard it mentioned publicly.

jonc
10-18-2010, 12:26 AM

ROTFLMFAO. Of course you knew Marfib. You know EVERYTHING about Miss Ross. LOLOLOLOLOL

jobeterob
10-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Corroborated

topdiva1
10-18-2010, 10:36 AM

Honey. it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonc
10-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Honey. it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwwwwwww...............Tony Tucker just called Marv2 Honey.

I feel a budding romance blossoming right before our eyes.

topdiva1
10-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Awwwwwwww...............Tony Tucker just called Marv2 Honey.

I feel a budding romance blossoming right before our eyes.

You got eyes - you mean to tell me someone as dumb, cruel, nasty, and mean as you still has sight - HOLY Mother of God, is their no justice!!!!!

jonc
10-18-2010, 01:48 PM
You got eyes - you mean to tell me someone as dumb, cruel, nasty, and mean as you still has sight - HOLY Mother of God, is their no justice!!!!!

Keep it up Viscountess Tucker and you'll be joining your deleted "Tony Turner" threads.

topdiva1
10-18-2010, 01:58 PM

Twitter THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phyl
10-18-2010, 07:05 PM
'Is THERE no justice', dear heart! Also, there shouldn't be a comma after 'nasty' as you are following it with 'and'.
I fear for the future of the USA with students of your calibre.....or lack thereof!
The proof-readers of 'All that glittered' sure earned their money tackling your novel, didn't they, dear boy!

the only toonry turner dknow what o do with his pen is fukk it up his strecthed out sashshole.

topdiva1
10-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Keep it up Viscountess Tucker and you'll be joining your deleted "Tony Turner" threads.

I do not start those nasty threads - the WE HATE TONY TURNER army did.

And remember - it don't matter to me.

topdiva1
10-26-2010, 01:15 PM
You may very well be able to say "I told you so real soon". The media reported today that they cannot find enough money to do this film, as quickly as they thought. There is very limited interest it is felt in hollywood, for a Flo Ballard movie. This is coming years to late. Time has moved on and the masses may have forgotten about the great Flo Ballard.

Motown_M_1056
10-27-2010, 11:32 AM
You may very well be able to say "I told you so real soon". The media reported today that they cannot find enough money to do this film, as quickly as they thought. There is very limited interest it is felt in hollywood, for a Flo Ballard movie. This is coming years to late. Time has moved on and the masses may have forgotten about the great Flo Ballard.

I'm not surprised. I've never seen the buzz about a planned movie go dead so quickly. Hollywood is not greenlighting films for black audienes period. In a way, Tyler Perry has ruined what could have been a good thing for black audiences. I hear For Colored Girls is a disaster. What chance would a movie on Florence Ballard have? Unfortunately, films about black people don't make money.

topdiva1
10-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm not surprised. I've never seen the buzz about a planned movie go dead so quickly. Hollywood is not greenlighting films for black audienes period. In a way, Tyler Perry has ruined what could have been a good thing for black audiences. I hear For Colored Girls is a disaster. What chance would a movie on Florence Ballard have? Unfortunately, films about black people don't make money.

NO "For Colored Girls" cannot be a disaster - this is a classic - just like A Raisin in the SUn- I hope Tyler Perry did not distort this classic piece.

We can still hope like hell for a Flo Ballard's film to be made - if only for TV ala The Temptations film.

captainjames
10-27-2010, 03:41 PM
This does not come as a surprise to me at all.

marv2
10-27-2010, 07:44 PM
I have not seen one report saying the movie is off.

midnightman
10-28-2010, 02:57 AM
It may not be "off" but believe me we'll be sitting here three years from now wondering when the movie's gonna be released. Look how many years we've been waiting for Marvin's biopics? THREE IN TOTAL. None of them are even in PRODUCTION yet and one of them was supposedly big budget. How about that?

captainjames
10-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Heck, we can't even get a confirmed date on Mary Wilson's New CD release. I am sure this movie will fall right by the side of that as Future releases every year.

jillfoster
10-28-2010, 10:36 AM

Marv, is that that religion where they do animal sacrifices and stuff?

ralpht
10-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Phyl and Muscle,
Keep up the offensive posting and you are HISTORY. Don't push me on this.

topdiva1
10-28-2010, 11:11 AM
This is one of the multiple reasons why we may unfortunately never see this movie made - and excerpt from Florence Ballards legal case - quote from The Lost Supreme - The True Life of Dreamgirl Florence Ballard by Peter Benjaminson;

44. At all times the Defendant Berry Gordy, Jr. was representing to Miss Ballard that she wasn't performing in a professional manner with the Supremes, he and Defendant Diana Ross were secretly planning to oust Miss Ballard from the Supremes and replace her with one Cindy Birdsong.

This is one of many excerpts from the legal case of Florence Ballard against Motown, Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Berry Gordy, Cindy Birdsong, and Jean Terrell.

This is an amazing book with many insights into Flo's plight - as told to the writer by Flo herself. Anyone who has not looked at this book and read it from cover to cover should.

Berry Gordy and Diana Ross do not want this movie made. Not that it will ever effect thier careers or money - but more because from Flo's point of view it will paint them in a very nasty, horrible way - and show them for what they were at that time.

As Diana Ross once sang from Don't Rain on my Parade - "I get what I want I know how, all that the law will allow", and that she did.

As they all age - Diana, Berry and even Mary do not wish to be remembered for what they did or did not do to and for Florence Ballard.

marv2
10-28-2010, 11:52 AM
It may not be "off" but believe me we'll be sitting here three years from now wondering when the movie's gonna be released. Look how many years we've been waiting for Marvin's biopics? THREE IN TOTAL. None of them are even in PRODUCTION yet and one of them was supposedly big budget. How about that?

Really, honestly, I don't know about the Marvin Gaye proposed biopics.

marv2
10-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Marv, is that that religion where they do animal sacrifices and stuff?

Ah, yeah! Along with special candles, sometimes dolls. There are places called Botanca's all over parts of New York where these items may be purchased.

jillfoster
10-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Ah, yeah! Along with special candles, sometimes dolls. There are places called Botanca's all over parts of New York where these items maybe purchased.

I suppose whatever gets one through the night ...LOL

marv2
10-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I suppose whatever gets one through the night ...LOL

AHemmmmm............... hehehehehhehehe.....!

marv2
10-28-2010, 12:39 PM
This is one of the multiple reasons why we may unfortunately never see this movie made - and excerpt from Florence Ballards legal case - quote from The Lost Supreme - The True Life of Dreamgirl Florence Ballard by Peter Benjaminson;

44. At all times the Defendant Berry Gordy, Jr. was representing to Miss Ballard that she wasn't performing in a professional manner with the Supremes, he and Defendant Diana Ross were secretly planning to oust Miss Ballard from the Supremes and replace her with one Cindy Birdsong.

This is one of many excerpts from the legal case of Florence Ballard against Motown, Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Berry Gordy, Cindy Birdsong, and Jean Terrell.

This is an amazing book with many insights into Flo's plight - as told to the writer by Flo herself. Anyone who has not looked at this book and read it from cover to cover should.

Berry Gordy and Diana Ross do not want this movie made. Not that it will ever effect thier careers or money - but more because from Flo's point of view it will paint them in a very nasty, horrible way - and show them for what they were at that time.

As Diana Ross once sang from Don't Rain on my Parade - "I get what I want I know how, all that the law will allow", and that she did.

As they all age - Diana, Berry and even Mary do not wish to be remembered for what they did or did not do to and for Florence Ballard.

Heavy stuff, some real heavy stuff.

midnightman
10-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Really, honestly, I don't know about the Marvin Gaye proposed biopics.

All three were all over the news. lol I think of the three, only one of them got the backing of Berry [[the supposed Cameron Crowe-directed bio).

midnightman
10-28-2010, 01:01 PM

You could compare it to the "Dreamgirls" thing when Smokey and Berry got at the film producers for portraying what was supposedly Berry Gordy's character as someone who had ties with the Mafia. The producers on the safe side convinced Berry they weren't talking about him. Smokey still angrily insists that Berry never had Mafia ties. He can say he ain't angry but... lol

Of the three who would supposedly have a problem with Florence's film, I would pick Berry over Diana and Mary.

captainjames
10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
You could compare it to the "Dreamgirls" thing when Smokey and Berry got at the film producers for portraying what was supposedly Berry Gordy's character as someone who had ties with the Mafia. The producers on the safe side convinced Berry they weren't talking about him. Smokey still angrily insists that Berry never had Mafia ties. He can say he ain't angry but... lol

Of the three who would supposedly have a problem with Florence's film, I would pick Berry over Diana and Mary.

You are probably right Mr. Gordy was the one who went after them and Diana sort of joked about it when asked and went on.
Honestly, I don't see Mary being upset but I would have been furious if I was her after being portrayed like she was in Dreamgirls. It made her seem like an airhead, cheap with a high sex drive. Her character to me was not flattering at all in Dreamgirls.

However, if you put this story on the screen I would love to know if they are going to write in Tommy Chapman.

skooldem1
10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
I think Mary has the most to lose with this film.

topdiva1
10-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Using THE LOST SUPREME as the main foundation for this film on Flo Ballard spells - very bad press for Mr. Gordy and Miss Ross. If you read the book and the comments, words, and thoughts that come directly from Miss Ballard about Ross and Gordy, you will understand why they may not want this film made ever.

Let's face it - Gordy and Ross have always wanted to be seen as successful superstar and mogul - not the common, evil, vindictive people, Flo Ballard speaks about. So while this movie may not hurt the pockets of superstar and mogul - it will hurt the image. And as Ross moves into her latter years - and Gordy into his twilight - they will surely not want to be shown as the monsters they where to Flo Ballard. Greed, `malicious behavior , and conspiracy , among much more - is not they way Diana Ross and Berry Gordy have ever wished to be remembered.

Will Flo Ballard - The Lost Supreme - through this movie, be able to - reach out and crush - them, from her grave.

midnightman
10-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Honestly at this point, those who either know better or didn't know better are basically reading Diana the riot act and Berry less so.

I think the real reason behind this fallout with Florence was more complex than even the book and "Unsung" led on. "Unsung" didn't even put 100% blame on Diana and Mary.

It seems that because Motown being the "polished" machine they were, didn't wanna risk its meal ticket causing them money and Florence being rebellious wasn't what they wanted.

marv2
10-28-2010, 07:49 PM
You are probably right Mr. Gordy was the one who went after them and Diana sort of joked about it when asked and went on.
Honestly, I don't see Mary being upset but I would have been furious if I was her after being portrayed like she was in Dreamgirls. It made her seem like an airhead, cheap with a high sex drive. Her character to me was not flattering at all in Dreamgirls.

However, if you put this story on the screen I would love to know if they are going to write in Tommy Chapman.

How could they not include Tommy Chapman, he was her husband! I just wonder if they would show how Motown got him to sell Flo's manuscript to them..............

marv2
10-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Using THE LOST SUPREME as the main foundation for this film on Flo Ballard spells - very bad press for Mr. Gordy and Miss Ross. If you read the book and the comments, words, and thoughts that come directly from Miss Ballard about Ross and Gordy, you will understand why they may not want this film made ever.

Let's face it - Gordy and Ross have always wanted to be seen as successful superstar and mogul - not the common, evil, vindictive people, Flo Ballard speaks about. So while this movie may not hurt the pockets of superstar and mogul - it will hurt the image. And as Ross moves into her latter years - and Gordy into his twilight - they will surely not want to be shown as the monsters they where to Flo Ballard. Greed, `malicious behavior , and conspiracy , among much more - is not they way Diana Ross and Berry Gordy have ever wished to be remembered.

Will Flo Ballard - The Lost Supreme - through this movie, be able to - reach out and crush - them, from her grave.

Did you know Berry's son, Stefan, the rapper and nephew Skyler got into fight on a plane with Mitt Romney earlier this year ?

topdiva1
10-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Did you know Berry's son, Stefan, the rapper and nephew Skyler got into fight on a plane with Mitt Romney earlier this year ?

How common.

useyourchucklemuscle
10-29-2010, 04:26 AM
Phyl and Muscle,
Keep up the offensive posting and you are HISTORY. Don't push me on this.

Ralphie [[I feel I can call you Ralphie as we've now communicated and so are half-way to being pals)!
Offensive posting? From Moi? Really, dear boy, I'm English and we NEVER offend!
Push you? I could barely summon the enthusiasm to read your pathetic attempt at intimidation so I scarce believe I could summon it to create physical contact!
And as for wielding your all-powerful threat of Power Of Deletion [[henceforth referred to as POD) all I can say is I have been PODded from much better places than this, my old bucket of sick!
Anyway, you POD away to your heart's content, dear chap, but think on this: How many names is Chuckle already here under or how long will it be before Chuckle rejoins under another name?
Though I really rather doubt I'll bother as the only fun here is exposing Tony Turner and you have wrapped him in a thick blanket of cotton-wool, poor lamb!

Anyhoooooo, bye for now and I feel sure that I shall enjoy many more hours posting at your lovely mausoleum....sorry , I mean Forum.
Lots of platonic love and hugs to you, your new pal, Chuckle

ralpht
10-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Okay, Chuckie Boy. You've been banned. Sure, you can come back under another name, but I'l just root you out like the scum that you are, and whack you again. It's easy. Go taint some other forum. We don't want you here.

topdiva1
10-29-2010, 12:10 PM
A lot of things that Flo spoke about in The Lost Supreme by Peter Benjaminson is not going to make many happy.

Here's one that the fans may find surprising;

page 164 - "A lot of fans have come to me and said. 'Diane is very nasty. She has a real nasty personality.'" , Flo said.

Miss Ross will be horrified I am sure , to have Flo saying that fans who adored her - also claimed she was very very nasty to them. Her fan base has been with her thought out her career - but most have never met or encountered her behavior, which was said to be wicked, struck up,rude, and at times, very condescending.

Also on that same page Flo Ballard herself says and I quote - Diane ...."has an ego, a big ego, a very big ego". However, she also added later on that same page when referring to Diane - "...she had quite a few problems".

If made from this book - and I am told some input form another book - while it may or may not be a blockbuster - it will certainly be controversial.

captainjames
10-29-2010, 04:13 PM
LOL that's funny because the same ego that folks may talk about that disgust them with Diana is the same ego and drive that makes one a star. That ego and hard work is what made her a star and one of the reasons she was singled out. I have never known Diana to be "rude", at times demanding but not rude. However, all the Supremes could be demanding its just that not all of them knew how to command and get what they wanted.

They were very young as a group and perhaps at times acted like children, however I remember a point in Flo's life where she is trying to mail a package to Diana [[ I believe this was during a time when Diana was pregnant). Tommy asked her why she was doing that and she said something to the fact that she felt like it was her fault for messing things up.

I truly believe within my heart that if Flo was alive today that all three ladies would be be friendly to each other.

olamaebarto
10-29-2010, 04:53 PM
NO "For Colored Girls" cannot be a disaster - this is a classic - just like A Raisin in the SUn- I hope Tyler Perry did not distort this classic piece.

We can still hope like hell for a Flo Ballard's film to be made - if only for TV ala The Temptations film.

I'm looking forward to see "For Colored Girls". I think Janet Jackson is a doll.

marv2
10-29-2010, 09:39 PM
LOL that's funny because the same ego that folks may talk about that disgust them with Diana is the same ego and drive that makes one a star. That ego and hard work is what made her a star and one of the reasons she was singled out. I have never known Diana to be "rude", at times demanding but not rude. However, all the Supremes could be demanding its just that not all of them knew how to command and get what they wanted.

They were very young as a group and perhaps at times acted like children, however I remember a point in Flo's life where she is trying to mail a package to Diana [[ I believe this was during a time when Diana was pregnant). Tommy asked her why she was doing that and she said something to the fact that she felt like it was her fault for messing things up.

I truly believe within my heart that if Flo was alive today that all three ladies would be be friendly to each other.

Well, then Florence must have changed her mind because the interviews she did with Peter Benjaminson in 1975 not long before she passed did not characterize Diane and what happened to her that way. There are many people that are successful without having to be assholes. Something to think about. Happy Halloween!

nomis
10-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Olamae -your right Janet is a doll

topdiva1
10-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Well, then Florence must have changed her mind because the interviews she did with Peter Benjaminson in 1975 not long before she passed did not characterize Diane and what happened to her that way. There are many people that are successful without having to be assholes. Something to think about. Happy Halloween!

Diana Ross had some talent - no more no less than the others - what she really had was Gordy - and her own cruel ways - it was cruel to have Gordy put Flo out so she could be big - and even worse to allow him to cheat her - Flo hopefully will get to speak on film through Faith Evans - in what hopefully will be a good film

marv2
10-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Diana Ross had some talent - no more no less than the others - what she really had was Gordy - and her own cruel ways - it was cruel to have Gordy put Flo out so she could be big - and even worse to allow him to cheat her - Flo hopefully will get to speak on film through Faith Evans - in what hopefully will be a good film

Since she [[Diane ) was Berry Gordys top lady by then, did she ever once stand up for Flo? Did she try to keep Berry off her case? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

stephanie
10-30-2010, 07:21 PM
What is interesting about the Supremes saga is that if you talk to anyone in Detroit who knew Ross they cant stand her. Everywhere else she doesnt seem to be much of a problem.
We have to remember these girls were young and its no secret that Gordy pitted singers, musicians, producers etc...against each other. In Flos taped conversation she said Diana wanted total control of the group and I believe Flo. She had no reason to lie 8 years later to Peter Benjaminson she wasnt getting paid for this interview and she was hesitant to do it at first. If you listen to her interview with Dave Diles she hated Berry more than anything. Listen and read between the lines Flo after she made her mistakes of signing that paper Mike Roshkind handed to her knew it was the Motown machine. In the 70s she had already made up with Diana she is more upset with Motown and its politics more than she was Diana. If the movie goes on that angle all will be fine. Rich as Gordy and Ross are why would they mind anyway? This is not the first time anyone has spoken good or bad about them.

captainjames
10-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Good post Steph
However, not everyone that knew Diana from Detroit during that time will say they can't stand her. Truth is Flo and Diana had probably grown up a bit and put some of their differences aside from the "good ole days". Yet, I think Berry and Flo never came to a meeting of the minds before her death.

As I stated before in my opinion Diana doesn't really care if this movie is made or not, but I don't know about Mr. Gordy. It is what it is if it is. Mary and Cindy would probably not care one way or another except that it may bring them in the public eye. Personally I think the window has closed and the public has lost interest. I have the greatest respect for Flo and all the Supremes but its not a big market item. They should be getting the same just due as the Beatles and others but it is not happening.

marv2
10-30-2010, 08:08 PM
What is interesting about the Supremes saga is that if you talk to anyone in Detroit who knew Ross they cant stand her. Everywhere else she doesnt seem to be much of a problem.
We have to remember these girls were young and its no secret that Gordy pitted singers, musicians, producers etc...against each other. In Flos taped conversation she said Diana wanted total control of the group and I believe Flo. She had no reason to lie 8 years later to Peter Benjaminson she wasnt getting paid for this interview and she was hesitant to do it at first. If you listen to her interview with Dave Diles she hated Berry more than anything. Listen and read between the lines Flo after she made her mistakes of signing that paper Mike Roshkind handed to her knew it was the Motown machine. In the 70s she had already made up with Diana she is more upset with Motown and its politics more than she was Diana. If the movie goes on that angle all will be fine. Rich as Gordy and Ross are why would they mind anyway? This is not the first time anyone has spoken good or bad about them.

Stephanie nice post but you should have emphasized EVERYONE that knew her. They would have to leave out all of the fights, quarrells and conversations that ended with the phone either being ripped from the wall or thrown if you want folks to believe that Florence and Diane had made up. Maybe she should have told her sisters Pat and Linda that they had made up, maybe they would not have wanted to kick Diana Ross' ass......

jillfoster
10-30-2010, 08:09 PM
There are many people that are successful without having to be assholes. Something to think about. Happy Halloween!

Absolutely. Dolly Parton is certainly the most shining example. EGO is not what it takes to make it, it takes talent and DETERMINATION. EGO, just makes everyone around you miserable, and when the dew is off your lily, you'll also be the first to be thrown under the bus.

simplysupreme
10-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Stephanie nice post but you should have emphasized EVERYONE that knew her. They would have to leave out all of the fights, quarrells and conversations that ended with the phone either being ripped from the wall or thrown if you want folks to believe that Florence and Diane had made up. Maybe she should have told her sisters Pat and Linda that they had made up, maybe they would not have wanted to kick Diana Ross' ass......

If that's true, instead of wanting to kick someone's ass, they should have been trying to HELP their SISTER. I can't stand people who play the blame game.

nomis
10-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Steph - where can I hear the Diles interview?,Ive always wanted to hear that,your right Flo hated Gordy she wrote to J Randy just before she died ..."Im even thinking good thoughts about Diana he he" so her feeings there were mixed,she didnt agree with the way Diana treated people in the PB interviews but it was Berry that she had the bitterness for...

marv2
10-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Steph - where can I hear the Diles interview?,Ive always wanted to hear that,your right Flo hated Gordy she wrote to J Randy just before she died ..."Im even thinking good thoughts about Diana he he" so her feeings there were mixed,she didnt agree with the way Diana treated people in the PB interviews but it was Berry that she had the bitterness for...

"she did not agree with the way Diana treated people....." What an understatement! Florence was normal and had the normal human reaction to people like a Diana Ross. There were very little good thoughts if any at all.

marv2
10-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Diana Ross has a knack for making legions of people severely dislike her. She has to be feeling the effect of it now in her old age.

Motown_M_1056
10-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Diana Ross has a knack for making legions of people severely dislike her. She has to be feeling the effect of it now in her old age.

She's a lot like you.

marv2
10-30-2010, 10:04 PM
She's a lot like you.

No, I am a successful human being that has many long time, loyal friends and associates.

jobeterob
10-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Should I say that sadly, Mary Wilson isn't one of them?

Whatever the truth in all of the above, this is sure one of the threads that gives Motown and the Supremes and these Boards a very bad name and encouraged many posters to leave.

marv2
10-31-2010, 12:44 AM

Whatever the truth in all of the above, this is sure one of the threads that gives Motown and the Supremes and these Boards a very bad name and encouraged many posters to leave.

You may say whatever you want, but I know the truth. I do not know you. I do know Mary. Thanks.

topdiva1
10-31-2010, 11:38 AM

Berry Gordy, and the way he ran Motown gave Motown a bad name.

Is it not odd that after the motown "ACCOUNTING" and 25 years of money making service, Miss Diana Ross left Motown with only two hundred thousand dollars - by her own admission, and a very large Motown held mortgage on her Beverly Hills home. Her deal with RCA kept her from becoming a Supreme in financial difficulty.

By his own admission in his book Gordy states, "...Perhaps I kept more than my far share".

Perhaps, you did for sure Mr. Gordy. An is one of the many reasons why Motown has a bad name to some, not all. It has nothing to do with comments made on this forum.

Have you seen the published contracts that motown stars worked under. SLAVERY - that gives Motown a bad name. Would you sign that sh-- today?

Now let's talk about what really gave Motown a bad name - that my friends is a thread or two within itself.

marv2
10-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Berry Gordy, and the way he ran Motown gave Motown a bad name.

Is it not odd that after the motown "ACCOUNTING" and 25 years of money making service, Miss Diana Ross left Motown with only two hundred thousand dollars - by her own admission, and a very large Motown held mortgage on her Beverly Hills home. Her deal with RCA kept her from becoming a Supreme in financial difficulty.

By his own admission in his book Gordy states, "...Perhaps I kept more than my far share".

Perhaps, you did for sure Mr. Gordy. An is one of the many reasons why Motown has a bad name to some, not all. It has nothing to do with comments made on this forum.

Have you seen the published contracts that motown stars worked under. SLAVERY - that gives Motown a bad name. Would you sign that sh-- today?

Now let's talk about what really gave Motown a bad name - that my friends is a thread or two within itself.

You are right on the money!

jobeterob
10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
I've agreed with a lot of your posts Tony..........but, what about this?

Motown's contracts were better than a lot of contracts at the time. Berry was fairer than Chess for example.

They are not models of today but the way things are going today with collapsing sales, it is the concert and the tour that matters and recording contracts are irrelevant. And they are still paying their costs today.

And Berry could not have been that bad; otherwise you would not have every Motown artist standing up and singing his praises and it isn't just Miss Ross; it's also Otis, Mary Wilson, Martha Reeves and virtually every other Motown artist alive. There is absolutely nothing in it for them today to stand up and say he was such a great guy. It's not like he's going to put them in Billboard Ads and send them out on tour now.

marv2
10-31-2010, 01:16 PM

Motown's contracts were better than a lot of contracts at the time. Berry was fairer than Chess for example.

They are not models of today but the way things are going today with collapsing sales, it is the concert and the tour that matters and recording contracts are irrelevant. And they are still paying their costs today.

And Berry could not have been that bad; otherwise you would not have every Motown artist standing up and singing his praises and it isn't just Miss Ross; it's also Otis, Mary Wilson, Martha Reeves and virtually every other Motown artist alive. There is absolutely nothing in it for them today to stand up and say he was such a great guy. It's not like he's going to put them in Billboard Ads and send them out on tour now.

That's not true regarding Motown being fairer than Chess Records. Check out what Mary Wells told Etta James here under the title "Etta James discusses the difference between Chess Records and Motown...":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/souldeep/interviews/3/

marv2
10-31-2010, 01:20 PM

Each artist you mentioned and many that you did not have had MAJOR publicized issues with Berry Gordy Jr in the past. Many had to sue him. I like Berry Gordy. I've met him a few times and admire what he has accomplished with his life. However, I did not like some of his methods.

topdiva1
10-31-2010, 04:19 PM
Each artist you mentioned and many that you did not have had MAJOR publicized issues with Berry Gordy Jr in the past. Many had to sue him. I like Berry Gordy. I've met him a few times and admire what he has accomplished with his life. However, I did not like some of his methods.

Berry Gordy "MADE" all of the above mention performers "SUPER STARS" on an international level. However, the man could have paid them more. And when they were down and out like - David Ruffin, Mary Wells, Flo Ballard, and a lot of others he could have been of more help to them.

He is not the devil - certainly not the fairest man in the world, maybe not the "...instrument of unbearable darkness", that Diana Ross said he became in her book Secrets Of A Sparrow, but he is most likely no saint either.

marv2
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
"...instrument of unbearable darkness", Amazing that, that would come out of Diana Ross' mouth. What was she?

topdiva1
10-31-2010, 04:39 PM
"...instrument of unbearable darkness", Amazing that, that would come out of Diana Ross' mouth. What was she?

If you read Secrets of A sparrow - which is not that informative a bio - very Ross image protected, you will find Ross says some things that maybe Flo thought as well - read pages 204 - 205. I do not think that Ross would like some character in a movie about Flo Ballard - playing Ross and quoting from her own words on these pages - among many others. But alas, these are Diana Ross's own words and feelings, that she published and vetted in her own bio - SECRETS OF A SPARROW - so she did tell some things distasteful about Gordy - BUT - will she want them repeated on the big screen - will she stand firm and admit that - in her own words "...but he [[GORDY) had begun to act like a genius gone mad".

It is odd that no reviewer or interviewer EVER question Ross on this, and other unflattering things she wrote about Gordy. But they all had a feild day on WIlson and Ballard.

Trust and believe - Ross and or Gordy do not want this on the silver screen - and you know if this movie is made - they will use her own words to hang her out to dry -

Did I hear someone sing - DIRTY DIANA!!!

marv2
10-31-2010, 05:41 PM
If you read Secrets of A sparrow - which is not that informative a bio - very Ross image protected, you will find Ross says some things that maybe Flo thought as well - read pages 204 - 205. I do not think that Ross would like some character in a movie about Flo Ballard - playing Ross and quoting from her own words on these pages - among many others. But alas, these are Diana Ross's own words and feelings, that she published and vetted in her own bio - SECRETS OF A SPARROW - so she did tell some things distasteful about Gordy - BUT - will she want them repeated on the big screen - will she stand firm and admit that - in her own words "...but he [[GORDY) had begun to act like a genius gone mad".

It is odd that no reviewer or interviewer EVER question Ross on this, and other unflattering things she wrote about Gordy. But they all had a feild day on WIlson and Ballard.

Trust and believe - Ross and or Gordy do not want this on the silver screen - and you know if this movie is made - they will use her own words to hang her out to dry -

She had better hope that they never do a movie on the life of Michael and let his mother be a creative consultant.......hehehehehehe.........

simplysupreme
10-31-2010, 07:52 PM
will she stand firm and admit that - in her own words "...but he [[GORDY) had begun to act like a genius gone mad".

Oprah did ask Diana about that exact quote.

If this movie gets made, Diana nor Berry will be hung "out to dry." Not with Florence's daughters being involved. Trust and believe.

topdiva1
11-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Oprah did ask Diana about that exact quote.

If this movie gets made, Diana nor Berry will be hung "out to dry." Not with Florence's daughters being involved. Trust and believe.

Since Flo Ballard.s daughters have no money whatsoever in this production - they have no say in the way it is cut and filmed. It is only going to make Money if it drags perhaps Gordy Ross and Wilson through the mud and makes them appear to be nasty - slick - underhanded and greedy and Flo completely disposable - if it is going to paint Gordy and Ross as saints them why make the film - they have already anoited themselves saints.

The Ballard sisters acting as "consultants" is just a mere courtesy to them - they will have no editing power.

The power is with ROSS and GORDY AND IF THEY HAVE THE POWER TO BURY THIS flo movie before it gets into rehearsal.

simplysupreme
11-01-2010, 01:33 PM
We'll see.

topdiva1
11-01-2010, 04:21 PM
We'll see.

Indeed we will surely see - I do agree with many - there is a greater chance for this film not to be made - than - it is to be made. However, times and changed and maybe people are not as powerful or as hard as they once were. Or maybe they are too old to gave a damn!!!!

topdiva1
11-03-2010, 08:48 AM
At this time the Flo film is still said to start filmimg in January 2011. However - not much else was said.

Motownlove
11-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Faith better be one hell of am actress! She is 5 years older than Flo was when she died. And Flo wasn't always "heavy," how is Faith going to play Flo from 15-22 when she was still pretty petite? She's a good pick otherwise but some of the realism will be challenged & a little hard to swallow.

marv2
11-03-2010, 06:47 PM
She can do the Right-Size Smoothies.........hehehehehe..!

topdiva1
11-04-2010, 01:56 PM
More than likely she is on a crash diet to lose weight to play the part - they can always use padding in the end - Flo was most likely never bigger than a size 14.

marv2
11-04-2010, 07:05 PM
You know who else kind of looked like Flo when they were younger? Evelyn "Champagne" King and Rosie Perez.

topdiva1
11-04-2010, 08:26 PM
The movie is moving forward.

marv2
11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
The movie is moving forward.

I've heard. I wished they would film it or at least some of it in Detroit instead of Atlanta.

marv2
11-04-2010, 09:03 PM

They have released more details surrounding the Florence Ballard film, but I'm sure you know about that right? Still holding your breathe or are you trying to come up with some more amazing criteria that has to occurr before anyone should believe that is film is going to be made? LOL!

luke
11-04-2010, 09:12 PM
http://thelostsupreme.com/MovieisAnnounced.aspx more info!

carlo
11-04-2010, 10:26 PM
You know who else kind of looked like Flo when they were younger? Evelyn "Champagne" King and Rosie Perez.

You're right Marv. Evelyn really looked like Flo.

marv2
11-04-2010, 10:32 PM
You're right Marv. Evelyn really looked like Flo.

Carlo, yes she did. Check this out:

topdiva1
11-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Let us continue to show hope for the people that are behind the efforts to FINALLY get this film done on Flo Ballard. It surely has not been an easy effort for this company - the preproduction and securing various rights has taken FIVE years - all done secretly, with the Ballard sisters blessing.

Give Flo the chance in death she was not given in life. Back off with the crude remarks and show some compassion.