PDA

View Full Version : Imagining Marvin at 74

test

midnightman
04-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Well as you Motown fanatics know, April 2nd marks the 74th anniversary of Marvin Gaye's birth. And I wanna hear from you guys, what could you imagine Marvin doing at 74.

Me personally, I still saw him releasing music, but probably the type of music Bobby Womack did with his last album. What about y'all? :)

Kamasu_Jr
04-02-2013, 09:09 AM
I can't imagine Marvin Gaye at 74 and possibly looking like his father. It makes me shudder. There would have been a decline, it would have been inevitable. It may sound terrible, but Marvin Gaye left this earth when he was supposed to. He wasn't supposed to grow old. He will never grow old where he is now.

midnightman
04-02-2013, 09:25 AM
I can't imagine Marvin Gaye at 74 and possibly looking like his father. It makes me shudder. There would have been a decline, it would have been inevitable. It may sound terrible, but Marvin Gaye left this earth when he was supposed to. He wasn't supposed to grow old. He will never grow old where he is now.

That's an interesting look at things Kamasu...

thomas96
04-03-2013, 05:40 PM

I think he'd look like this, he looks sort of old in this photo.

As to what he would be doing, I really doubt he'd perform/tour/release music unless he needed money, though that can't be ruled out knowing his past. Maybe living in Detroit quietly, supporting things like the Funk Brothers walk of fame, etc.

jobeterob
04-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I think somewhat like Kamasu.

Marvin had reached a magical age in the music industry ~ 40 ~ aka "old". He was in bad bad shape; far worse than any of the other Motown stars; he was ill physically and mentally. We didn't get lots more creatively out of any of the Motown stars after 40'ish. So, it's hard to see a lot more coming and he too, had slowed up.

I'm not sure Marvin was supposed to die when he did, but when you live like he lived, he would be in the same category as Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson ~ they all played with fire or something worse.

midnightman
04-03-2013, 07:57 PM
I always think had he stayed in Europe [[especially in Belgium around the Couseart family), he would make it to 74.