PDA

View Full Version : Own a piece of MOTOWN history - Eddie Willis's Standard Gibson guitar

test

theboyfromxtown
03-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Eddie Willis is selling one of his classic guitars. It's a 1976 Standard Gibson Les Paul guitar. He used it while touring with the Four Tops and Temptations. He did a lot of sessions with it in California for Norman Whitfield.

Does anyone know who might be interested because it really belongs in a museum.

ralpht
03-29-2013, 09:21 AM
John,
Thank you for posting this. Just this morning I received an email from Babbitt's son, Joe regarding this.

Ralph...Babbitt's son Joe here. Thanks for your help with the star. Was a success, funds were raised. Eddie Willis recently contacted me regarding the sale of one of his guitars. He's trying to sell his 1976 Gibson Les Paul Standard guitar. The guitar is in excellent condition. Has a solid wood body,German made tuning knobs, only 26 made. He used this guitar when he toured with The Four Tops/Temptations. He also used it on some sessions for Norman Whitfield out in Ca in the late 70's. If you know anyone that might be interested in it please let me know. Is definitely a collector's item. Maybe you can make it known on the forum. Is asking 10k for it, is definitely worth it. Eddie's had a strong career [[he was there at Motown right from the beginning, late 50's up to 1973). Would be perfect for a serious Motown collector, or even a museum,would be a good home for it. Thanks for any help with this.Joe