View Full Version : Diana Ross' 10 best solo tracks

test

smark21
03-28-2013, 09:57 PM
This list doesn't contain many of the usual suspects:

http://whatculture.com/music/10-best-diana-ross-tracks.php

nathanj06
03-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Are they kidding? Most of those are some of her worst. I'm surprised they didn't list Sleepin'.

RossHolloway
03-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Interesting list of songs. Glad to see Mirror, Mirror listed, it really is one of her best songs from her RCA years.

Ngroove
03-29-2013, 01:31 PM
I Could only reach halfway the countdown - site loading's just too slowwww - but did notice a couple of "what?" songs either I never heard of - or I assume the site is favoring British regionals.

To reach the top ten "best", I'd say, for most, have to reach "Number One", which my Complete Motown Number Ones boxed set at least has all her Motown Number Ones.

My list:

10. If We Hold On Together
9. Muscles - Top Ten Pop / R&B
8. Touch Me In The Morning - No.1 Pop
7. Love Hangover - No.1 Pop
6. Mahogany [[Do You Know Where You're Going To) - No.1 Pop
5. Reach Out and Touch [[Somebody's Hand) - No.1 R&B
4. Endless Love [[Aware it's a great, popular song - but keeping it from no.1 subjectively, because I don't really care much for it). - No.1 Pop
3. Ain't No Mountian High Enough - No.1 Pop
2. I'm Coming Out - No.1 Dance
1. Upside Down - No. 1 Pop, Dance

luke
03-29-2013, 06:39 PM
The Boss; N o One Gets the Prize; Remember Me; Love Hangover; Its My Turn; Missing You;One Love In My Lifetime;Aint No Mt High Enough

davidh
03-29-2013, 09:40 PM
geez, is this possible. just ten.........AINT NO MOUNTAIN, TOUCH ME IN THE..., DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOURE GOING, LOVE HANGOVER,UPSIDE DOWN, IF YR NOT GONNA LOVE ME RIGHT,NOT OVER U YET,CHAIN REACTION, ALL OF U,WAITING IN THE WINGS.

thisoldheart
03-30-2013, 01:37 AM
1. love hangover
2. upside down
3. chain reaction
4. surrender
5. the boss

jobeterob
03-30-2013, 01:58 AM
and if you see him
voice of the heart
give up
lovely day
baby its love
the same love that made me laugh
to be loved
I want you
brown baby
I thought we were still in love

smark21
03-30-2013, 01:42 PM
Ngroove, do you always use chart success as your criteria for selecting the best songs by an artist? Oftentimes an act’s most popular song is often one of their worst songs. Certainly a number of Diana Ross fans don’t like Endless Love, which from a chart perspective, is her most successful song. This blogger’s list is interesting to say the least…but what most of his selections have in common is that the songs are, by and large, club friendly tracks ranging from the late 70s to 2000.

smark21
03-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Remember Me
Come in from the Rain
No One Gets the Prize
Summertime
Battlefield
Dark Side of the World
Young Mothers
Lover Man [[from Stolen Moments)
Little Girl Blue
Don’t Explain