PDA

View Full Version : Anita Baker-what happened?

test

luke
03-25-2013, 09:40 PM
I remembered being enthralled with Anita's voice and recordings back in the day. In recent years she seems to have vanished. Does she tour? Did she retire to raise her family? Has she been very difficult or assertive?

luke
03-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Just found her website. Shes on Blue Note records and was Jimmy Kimmel last month. Guess Im out of the loop!

marv2
03-25-2013, 11:13 PM
She has a current release that is getting lots of airplay.

glencro
03-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Also, she will be appearing on "The Celebration of Gospel" on BET on Sunday, April 7th. Here she is pictured at the taping with Donnie McClurkin and Dorinda Clark [[Sister) Cole 6424

glencro
03-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Don't know why her cd has been delayed AGAIN. It was supposed to drop last year.

luke
03-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Some info says her new cd keeps getting delayed.

Soul Sister
03-26-2013, 02:06 PM
luke,
Frankly what's the word around the music business... it's your last question.

S.S.

marv2
03-26-2013, 08:08 PM
I remembered being enthralled with Anita's voice and recordings back in the day. In recent years she seems to have vanished. Does she tour? Did she retire to raise her family? Has she been very difficult or assertive?

I love Anita Baker, but if you ever mention her name to the staff of Northwest Airlines at LaGuardia, better be prepared to duck! LOL!!!

glencro
03-27-2013, 08:42 AM
I love Anita Baker, but if you ever mention her name to the staff of Northwest Airlines at LaGuardia, better be prepared to duck! LOL!!!
LOL, a lot of places you can mention her name and be prepared to duck. She definitely does not have a reputation for being approachable. I will say, I used to work for Northwest during the summers and I saw her at the airport quite often. She usually had on her game face and I would just smile and nod and she usually would nod back. I knew better not to approach.

luke
03-27-2013, 10:55 AM
I dont wanna start a big debate but IMO artists who get paid big bucks and have fans who support them need to be gracious--like most human beings are.

Roberta75
03-27-2013, 12:35 PM
I dont wanna start a big debate but IMO artists who get paid big bucks and have fans who support them need to be gracious--like most human beings are.

Words you hopefully live by. It dont cost anything to be gracious.

Roberta

RossHolloway
03-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Didn' t she have a new single out last year? I think it may have been a cover of an older song, if memory serves me correctly, it was discussed on this board and it was well done. Growing up I was not a big fan of her voice, but the older I get the more I've come to appreciate her as an artist. She is in fact a real and true singer, not "entertainer" but an actual SINGER.

skooldem1
03-27-2013, 02:20 PM
She is both and "entertainer" and singer. I saw her in concert and she is a great entertainer. She was great.