PDA

View Full Version : The Boss - Paper Sleeve - CD Deluxe Vinyl Replica

test

captainjames
03-19-2013, 10:38 AM

It says that it will be released on April 30th., 2013 but I just happen to be in the store yesterday and was able to pick up a copy for $4.98 with the two bonus cuts.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Boss-Sleeve-Deluxe-Replica/dp/B00BQBD0OU/ref=lh_ni_t_mi?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

calvin
03-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Good job, that's a great deal.

On Amazon I see that the two bonus tracks are the 12" Remixes of The Boss and It's My House. Those two bonus tracks are the same two that are on the CD that I have of The Boss, from 1999. I'm guessing that this cd is the same 1999 remaster, just with different packaging. Does it say when the remastering was done?

marybrewster
03-19-2013, 12:19 PM
What store, captainjames?

captainjames
03-19-2013, 02:04 PM
I found mine at "Best BUY"

mysterysinger
03-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Great find, well done. I'm assuming there'll be more - fab. I'm also assuming that the strip down the left hand side obscuring the cover is removable?

Kamasu_Jr
03-19-2013, 03:56 PM
If it's the same remastered CD that's already available then what's the point other than selling these to new fans and the packaging?

calvin
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
If it's the same remastered CD that's already available then what's the point other than selling these to new fans and the packaging?

I don't know if it's the same as the 1999 cd issue but I'm guessing that it is. Personally, the only one of these from Culture Factory that I'm considering buying is "An Evening With Diana Ross", because it's the only one I don't already have on cd. [[But I'm not even sure I'll buy that one, because I'm generally not a huge fan of live albums - some are truly excellent, but I think most are not.)

I'm not a collector in that sense - I wouldn't normally buy something that I already have just because the packaging is different, unless the packaging blows me away so much that it alone is worth the price. But some people do like to collect such things, and I'm hearing that these releases from Culture Factory do have very nice packaging. And at $5 it certainly isn't expensive...

Also, for someone who doesn't already have the cd, this seems like a very good deal.

Partly why I asked about the remastering is this - if these guys at Culture Factory were doing digital masters themselves, there'd be a chance that we could see an LP from them that hasn't already been issued on cd. But I doubt they are, so I think we won't.

Kamasu_Jr
03-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Calvin, I might buy one or two because they are not on disc yet or I only have one copy and it could get scratched, or stolen. I did notice the detailed sleeves Amazon promoted, but that stuff about these being high definition remasters or whatever is probably just a sales ploy.

Ngroove
03-19-2013, 07:53 PM

Older CDs becomes "Out of Print", and, even if people has already bought the older CD, after awhile, it becomes scratchy and used up, as well as its performance, through enough plays. Myself, had to replace Supremes, Temptations, and Marvin Gaye collections all the time over the years, even my entire Hitsville USA Motown Singles Collection recently!

Ngroove
03-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Legends of Soul, huh? I like that. C'mon, what's next????

Regardless it has been "Hip-O"ed, "Where Did Our Love Go" would be nice, as evidently, Amazon is selling, even the used editions, for Out of Print Rare CD prices already.

Marvin Gaye's "In the Groove" would be neat too, as would be Barbara Mason's "Yes, I'm Ready" [[since REAL Barbara Mason originally recorded music is incredibly rare or expensive to come by too)

ejluther
03-20-2013, 11:06 AM
It says that it will be released on April 30th., 2013 but I just happen to be in the store yesterday and was able to pick up a copy for $4.98 with the two bonus cuts.
You got the new version with the paper sleeves, obi-type strip and the vinyl-look disc? That's great...!

http://www.culturefactoryusa.com/new-releases/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/85/virtuemart_category_id/4

Kamasu_Jr
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Ngroove, I assume you want the expanded version of Where Did Our Love Go, which has increased in price. But the standard 12 track version of this album is readily available and they are not expensive. You can also download the deluxe version of Where Did Our Love Go and In the Groove, if you are in the US. They are available as downloads for around $10.00. I also know where to get Barbara Mason's Arctic material on digital disc.