PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me who made this song....

test

GrtGzu
03-18-2013, 02:11 PM
The words went something like this:

"A letter has come - yes a letter has come - and now he must join - the boys in Vietnam"....I fell in LOVE with this tune....

I heard this when I was about 7 or so....who sang this? It's been driving me UP THE WALL for the past couple of years.....Can't find it on the net either....Already looked by using what words I remember from the song....

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated....

mr soul
03-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Is it "He'll Be Back" - Players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULMh5JOxCo

robb_k
03-18-2013, 08:18 PM
That HAS to be it, IF those were the words.

Soul Sister
03-18-2013, 08:28 PM
It IS >>> "He'll Be Back" by The Players

One of my favorite records. love the B-side too, "I'm So Glad You Waited".

S.S.

daddyacey
03-19-2013, 02:42 AM
That's a rare "Old Skool" grind em up from back in the 70's for us here in N.Y.C.
That's when we danced fast and slow.

GrtGzu
03-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Yaaaaaay!!!! Oh thank you so much!!! I thought I was losing my mind for a minute there cuz nobody I know had a CLUE as to what I was talking about.....I REALLY need that for my playlist, so you know where I'm about to go, LOL!!!

Soul Sister
03-19-2013, 12:02 PM
GrtGzu,
That whole album is good. Herbert Butler was lead. The rest of the group was fake in the studio, if I remember correctly, it was the Dells in the studio background [[?).

daddyacey, it was released in 1966.

S.S.

GrtGzu
03-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Aaaahhhh!! Yup, that's the year I heard it too! I remember hearing it along with What Becomes Of the BrokenHearted, so I know I had some semblence of memory [[and now e'erbody on this board knows how old I am - LOL!! DANG!)...

SS - can you tell me more info or guide me to website about them?? Many thanks again!!

Soul Sister
03-19-2013, 01:01 PM
GrtGzu,
Try google the name of the record & group for more info.
I am not aware of any website. I just loved this album, esp. that records since 1966.
Another record that comes to mind from that year I never tire of hearing is "I love You 1000 Times" from the then "new" Platters feauting Sonny Turner on Musicor.
That was the best year for really great records from everyone.

S.S.

GrtGzu
03-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey SS! Guess what? I found the ORIGINAL thread that you posted in about this while in my quest to find some more info.....The thread is archived, but I was quite surprised - it was LOADED with info....Thanks!!

Now my PC speakers are busted, and I need to get a new pair....Gaaahh!!

Soul Sister
03-19-2013, 11:16 PM
GrtGzu,
Good for you, I am happy you located that from the archives, glad I could help.

You're welcome, enjoy!
S.S.