PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson and Mrs. Powell Lecture!

test

marv2
03-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Mary Wilson and Maxine Powell deliver an inspirational lecture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHKKZ-3ffYU

marv2
03-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Another part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74lMjKvzPBc&NR=1&feature=endscreen

alexgarret
03-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Cool videos - she is really incredible. Too bad people would rather post on what Diana may or may not think about the Motown the Musical thread instead of posting postive posts on this. Thanks for posting.

marv2
03-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Still more......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI-W5JNMxnY

StuartUK
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Can anyone email me where this was and a date? Email neil_dud@hotmail.com Subject - Mary Wilson please

marv2
03-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Can anyone email me where this was and a date? Email neil_dud@hotmail.com Subject - Mary Wilson please

Stuart, It was in Philadelphia last week. I don't know the exact date.

R. Mark Desjardins
03-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Marv2;
Thank you for posting these clips. It is indeed inspirational to see Ms Powell so alert and still having so much to share after the ordeal or her recent stroke. I am so happy that she is alive to see the fruits of her labor come full circle, and to get the recognition she so richly deserves for her part in the fantastic legacy of Motown. As in so many families, perhaps not all members get along, but the Tamala/Motown legacy may never ever be repeated in the history of popular music and culture again. I feel so lucky to have experienced this and only wish that more of the original founding members were still with us to celebrate.

marv2
03-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Marv2;
Thank you for posting these clips. It is indeed inspirational to see Ms Powell so alert and still having so much to share after the ordeal or her recent stroke. I am so happy that she is alive to see the fruits of her labor come full circle, and to get the recognition she so richly deserves for her part in the fantastic legacy of Motown. As in so many families, perhaps not all members get along, but the Tamala/Motown legacy may never ever be repeated in the history of popular music and culture again. I feel so lucky to have experienced this and only wish that more of the original founding members were still with us to celebrate.

You are most welcome. I am equally happy to see that Mary Wilson [[and Martha Reeves) have not forgotten Mrs. Powell and are gracious enough to share what she did for them and many of the stars from Motown.

alexgarret
03-18-2013, 11:33 PM
The definition of a true lady - thank you for this...

Ollie9
03-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Wonderful.

Ollie9
03-19-2013, 06:28 AM
What a heart warming clip. M's Powell seems to have been a wonderful woman and so well respected by all she has worked with......or should that be on. She always brings a smile to my face whenever I have seen her interviewed in the past ...."Diamonds in the rough". Mary always displays a genuine emotional warmth whenever meeting friends or work colleagues from her past. Really nice post.