PDA

View Full Version : Clarence Paul Interview!!!

test

stephanie
03-15-2013, 10:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP7KjPoU9PI

Methuselah2
03-15-2013, 11:48 PM
That was so enjoyable and informative, Stephanie. Many thanks for posting. Didn't know Clarence had originally signed as an artist at Motown, although he was certainly involved in writing some very artful music. And very varied producing. Hearing HEY LOVE took me right back to when that tune first came out. Just beautiful. So recognizable. Timeless. Clarence left so much wonderful work behind that has lasted. It was a huge treat to hear him in his own voice. Thank you again. This was a big, lovely surprise.

robb_k
03-16-2013, 12:54 AM
Very nice to hear Mr. Pauling talk about his roots and time in the business. Thanks for posting it.

thomas96
03-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Very interesting. Thanks for the post. Clarence definitely could have been a successful singer at Motown. Too bad they didn't invest in him to sing, but he was a great songwriter.

ralpht
03-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Great interview. Thank you for posting this, Steph. I had the extreme privlidge of knowing Clarence and so very fortunate to have been produced by him a couple of times while in The Sunliners. A great and talented guy.

dvus7
03-16-2013, 12:39 PM
That was so enjoyable and informative, Stephanie. Many thanks for posting. Didn't know Clarence had originally signed as an artist at Motown, although he was certainly involved in writing some very artful music. And very varied producing. Hearing HEY LOVE took me right back to when that tune first came out. Just beautiful. So recognizable. Timeless. Clarence left so much wonderful work behind that has lasted. It was a huge treat to hear him in his own voice. Thank you again. This was a big, lovely surprise.

For my understanding, "Everybody" was signed as artists, too. That way Motown could control thrie rights!!!! Including Jamerson!!!!

robb_k
03-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for the post. Clarence definitely could have been a successful singer at Motown. Too bad they didn't invest in him to sing, but he was a great songwriter.
There are three known Motown unreleased solo recordings by Clarence. They all sound pretty good. I like his very Motown-like "I Need Your Lovin' ", released on New York's Hanover Records in 1959. That's what got him to Motown, as a few Detroiters were involved in it [[Kenny Martin and Sonny Woods).

imnokid
03-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Enjoyed the interview. thanx for posting.

Ryon6
03-18-2013, 11:15 PM
i enjoyed the interview too. The only thing I found disturbing were the pictures of Lamont Dozier says its Mickey Stevenson and the other, the 3 Degrees was labeled as the Andantes. Other than those misprints, I really enjoyed the interview of Mr Clarence Pauling.

Tyrone