PDA

View Full Version : The Emotions - Life

test

jaybs
03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
How great it was to hear the amazing strong vocals of The Emotions on their debut single from Stardom Records [[now on CD Baby) but for me disappointing when in comes Snoopy Dogg to make it Hip Hop?

These Girls have Real Talent why do they need to sell out to hip-hop?

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/theemotions

brother_love
03-15-2013, 01:54 PM
They need to also offer a version without Snoop on the track.

blueskies
03-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Love the Emotions....but, will pass on this one. Poop Dogg turned me off.

jaybs
03-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Fully agree a version with the Snoop would be the best solution!

splanky
03-17-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm sure you meant "without" jaybs. Anyway, isn't he Snoop Lion nowadays? Pretending to
be Rastafari after years of "gangsta". Hmm... Don't get me wrong, I've liked some of his
recordings and always appreciated his nods to the old school, especially P funk but he can
be an annoyance like with this release. Still, I'm not surprised; it's the same kind of desperation a lot of our favorites have to reach today's listening audience. Remember Betty Wright using Lil Wayne on her album? This is where we are in 2013.....

splanky
03-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Well what do we have here?...I may have been wrong because now it looks like it was someone
else's decision to add, punch in or overdub Snoop to the mix...I just found on youtube a version of the song promoted by Wanda herself with not a Doggy Dogg in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9rVgnLU2rc

I'd buy that!

blueskies
03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Now we're talking!

jaybs
03-18-2013, 06:48 AM
I'm sure you meant "without" jaybs. Anyway, isn't he Snoop Lion nowadays?

You are completely correct! Thanks!!

The version without The Dogg, is CLASS! Yes I would buy that!! anyday!

jaybs
03-18-2013, 12:49 PM
I just found on youtube a version of the song promoted by Wanda herself with not a Doggy Dogg in it:

I'd buy that!

Sadly this YouTube version you will not be able to buy.

This afternoon [[morning in USA) I had quite a discussion/conversation with the new record company releasing the single, it will only be the Snoop version that is released, after a lengthy discussion it was said IF an album is released a Dance Version may be included. Our conversation ended with my feelings that I am not convinced of the reasons why this will happen, at the very end I was thanked for my comments and it was said they will look at it. I hope so!