PDA

View Full Version : Florence Ballard bio-pic to be made....

test

bradsupremes
10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
I was just flipping through the channels when I came across Faith Evans on the BET show "106 & Park" and she stated that she was just cast as the lead in a bio-pic about Florence Ballard which is set to start filming in January 2011. Has anyone heard about this? She stated it on national television. There has to be some truth. I can't see her lying about something like this.

marv2
10-05-2010, 07:33 PM
That is wonderful news! Maybe "someone" has been reading all the discussions, all these years we've had on the subject and the fact that Faith would be perfect to play Florence. Thank you Brad.

marv2
10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Almost incredible the resemblance, huh?

topdiva1
10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Well she does have the look - has she acted before.

marv2
10-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't know if she has [[acted before),but she has two of the three ingredients to play this role 1) the look and 2) the vocal ability. I remember way back there was this skinny, bug eyed singer that had never acted before and they gave her a shot at it and it wasn't bad.

carlo
10-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Hallelujah!! YES!! This is wonderful news!! She's PERFECT to play the part of Flo!! And it is true...this news is ALL OVER the Faith Evans Message Boards. WOW!! :D:D:D:D Can't wait!

nomis
10-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry marv your wrong that bug eyed girl your referring to had played a nun,harpo marx,w c fields......

marv2
10-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Now, will the controversy begin.......or will it wait?

marv2
10-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Nomis, you lost me.

marv2
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Oh you mean the one that played a Nun on Tarzan? LOL!!!! oh LOL!!!!!

reese
10-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Well she does have the look - has she acted before.

She had a small role as Cuba Gooding,Jr.'s mother in the film THE FIGHTING TEMPTATIONS.

jonc
10-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Now, will the controversy begin.......or will it wait?

This could finish Diana Ross.

Livingallalone
10-05-2010, 10:08 PM

Chile please..LOL

topdiva1
10-05-2010, 11:31 PM

chile - you are madder than anyone thought - NOTHING can finish Diana Ross - she will always endure.

jonc
10-05-2010, 11:50 PM
chile - you are madder than anyone thought - NOTHING can finish Diana Ross - she will always endure.

I'm not so sure about that. The smash movie "In The Name Of Love" didn't help Miss Ross much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysW2o3odjlQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaME7Zu1Otg&feature=related

It's a travesty that this critically acclaimed movie was ignored by the Oscars.

smark21
10-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know if the Flo movie will be based on Maxine Ballard's book about her sister? It was such a good book and would make a wonderful basis for a motion picture.

jonc
10-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know if the Flo movie will be based on Maxine Ballard's book about her sister? It was such a good book and would make a wonderful basis for a motion picture.

Maxine's book was fascinating. Her chapter on menstruating really made the reader feel like they were a tampon or a Kotex.

Motown_M_1056
10-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Maxine's book was fascinating. Her chapter on menstruating really made the reader feel like they were a tampon or a Kotex.

I will only believe it if I see it. Faith Evans portraying Florence Ballard at what stage in the subject's life? Flo's later years back in Detroit? Faith Evans is no longer signed to a major label. She has had some personal challenges of late including weight gain and A DUI charge. What company is producing this proposed film? Tyler Perry? Surely not a major studio, so I'd expect something low budget at best.
Projects like this are announced all the time, but never get made. Tyrese was telling media he was going to portray Teddy Pendergrass, but that film has yet to be made.

RossHolloway
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Well I just don't see UM signing off on a project using the Supremes music if the movie trashes Diana Ross. And I don't think you can make a film about Florence Ballard without the use of the music.

Motown_M_1056
10-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Well I just don't see UM signing off on a project using the Supremes music if the movie trashes Diana Ross. And I don't think you can make a film about Florence Ballard without the use of the music.

UM would not license music for the episode of UNSUNG on Florence Ballard. I tend to agree, I don't see the company licensing music for a biopic on Florence Ballard.

arrr&bee
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't buy it either,if berry is shown in a bad light he's gonna sue the pants off em as would diana and you know those two are gonna be public enemy 1&2 in any movie about flo's career at motown...remember the marvin gaye movie from twenty years ago with phil morris in the lead,sank like the titantic didn't it? I don't see this movie happening anytime soon either!!

RossHolloway
10-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Well isn't that interesting...UM cooperated with the episodes on Teena Marie and Tammi Terrell. Heck Berry Gordy and Smokey Robinson even appeared in the Teena Marie episode. Is Diana Ross still that powerful at UM?

midnightman
10-06-2010, 04:27 PM
I ain't buying that sh*t.

Yet.

midnightman
10-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Well isn't that interesting...UM cooperated with the episodes on Teena Marie and Tammi Terrell. Heck Berry Gordy and Smokey Robinson even appeared in the Teena Marie episode. Is Diana Ross still that powerful at UM?

Diana and Motown split a long time ago so no.

RossHolloway
10-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I know they split, but I'm sure all she has to do is make a call to BG and the issue is "taken care of" lol.

Glenpwood
10-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Music biography films don't get cast and financed without first knowing what music can or can't be licensed. They could go the controversal route and show everything except what happens on the stage or if they write in "People" that belongs to Styne not UMG.

I just wanna know....

What it's based on, Maxine's book? Taraborelli's? The Lost Supreme? All That Glittered? or perhaps a bit of all of them....

and has Faith overcome her, ahem, substance issues to clear the insurance physical to get the film made?

Motown_M_1056
10-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Music biography films don't get cast and financed without first knowing what music can or can't be licensed. They could go the controversal route and show everything except what happens on the stage or if they write in "People" that belongs to Styne not UMG.

I just wanna know....

What it's based on, Maxine's book? Taraborelli's? The Lost Supreme? All That Glittered? or perhaps a bit of all of them....

and has Faith overcome her, ahem, substance issues to clear the insurance physical to get the film made?

Probably not. I was just reading how Hollywood is not making drama films for black audiences. I really doubt this get made.

jobeterob
10-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Low budget or otherwise, I'm sure this could be an entertaining and good movie or TV movie or whatever. Florence Ballard had a Billie Holiday style life ~ it would make the kind of story that people are interested in; turmoil, trauma, rags to riches and back to rags.

As for using Motown music, I'm sure that when Berry Gordy sold Jobete that he ensured no Jobete Music could be used in a movie about him or "his family" during their lives or the lives of his children without his consent or the consent of his estate; and his family includes Rhonda and Diana.

But that is irrelevant to any show on Flo; her story may be interesting to the masses because it is attached to Motown/Berry/Diana/The Supremes. But the story stands alone on it's own without any music and as Flo's story in it's own right.

midnightman
10-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I know they split, but I'm sure all she has to do is make a call to BG and the issue is "taken care of" lol.

You're giving Diana too much credit. Besides she don't even f***s with BG like that anymore. Or anyone from Motown, really.

midnightman
10-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Probably not. I was just reading how Hollywood is not making drama films for black audiences. I really doubt this get made.

Exactly. Look how long it's taken for anyone connected to a Marvin film project to get their films on Marvin done.

topdiva1
10-06-2010, 08:23 PM
In the remote chance that anything arise that Ross cannot handle, but BG can - YES - she will make that call and request. And yes - if he can get it done - then it will be done

Or so they say.

midnightman
10-06-2010, 08:25 PM
It's not exactly 1971 lol

Besides I heard that Faith was playing Flo years ago... just saying.

To be honest though besides from the both of them styling dirty blond hair and having light skin, their builds are not similar to me.

topdiva1
10-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I give you that - however Diana was no where near looking like or sounding like Billie Holiday - and she did a great job in portraying the essence of Ms. Holiday.

However, I have been told that Hollywood has long wanted to do a story on The Supremes, [[ like 30 years) but somehow and someway - someone has always been able to block even the most powerful of Hollywood moguls. And without the music the chance of this being done is extremely slight - unless it is a small indeoendant project.

jobeterob
10-07-2010, 12:25 AM
It's in the sales agreement for the sale of Jobete Music................you can't have a perpetuity; but you can agree to prohibit for the life and lives in being plus 80 years, the use of any music licensed by Jobete Music or their successors in any movie/video/tv show depicting Berry Gordy, Diana Ross, Rhonda Ross or the Supremes.

So you take 80 years and add it on to the date of the death of the last of Berry, Diana, or Rhonda to die................and by that time, use the music for the proper price; because it's a great story that should be told; and it will still matter, just not in a personal way.

I cannot imagine that Berry's lawyers did anything less than that. THAT'S why no music ever gets licensed. You can bet after he dies they will need the consent of Diana, Rhonda and after they are gone, the heirs of Berry's estate.

marybrewster
10-07-2010, 08:36 AM

This made me laugh right out loud.

randy_russi
10-07-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't know what kind of movie it would be as far as the real story. Who's point of view? Florence's, Motown's, the
Supremes', Maxine's, Peter Benjaminson's???? Frankly, I didn't find Maxine's book informative at all. And she certainly
was careful with what she wrote to not offend Diana Ross or Berry Gordy in my opinion.
I just don't really see it happening, the movie. Actually, wasn't Dream Girls based on the Supremes and Florence?

marybrewster
10-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Maybe this is "Dreamgirls II" and the story starts where "Dreamgirls" left off; a real sucky sequel like "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure" or "Speed 2".

Since none of us know shite, it sure is fun to speculate!

topdiva1
10-07-2010, 09:55 AM
It's in the sales agreement for the sale of Jobete Music................you can't have a perpetuity; but you can agree to prohibit for the life and lives in being plus 80 years, the use of any music licensed by Jobete Music or their successors in any movie/video/tv show depicting Berry Gordy, Diana Ross, Rhonda Ross or the Supremes.

So you take 80 years and add it on to the date of the death of the last of Berry, Diana, or Rhonda to die................and by that time, use the music for the proper price; because it's a great story that should be told; and it will still matter, just not in a personal way.

I cannot imagine that Berry's lawyers did anything less than that. THAT'S why no music ever gets licensed. You can bet after he dies they will need the consent of Diana, Rhonda and after they are gone, the heirs of Berry's estate.

You may be very wrong - who would buy that, pay a fortue and cannot use it for 80 years.

marv2
10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Great point TopDiva. Besides, Florence Ballard's story is the most compelling to come out of the Motown Story overall.

topdiva1
10-07-2010, 11:39 AM
From all the things I have read on Florence Ballard it is a compelling and sad story - rags to riches - and back - that does not need music.

Glenpwood
10-07-2010, 12:23 PM
My casting choice for Tony Turner would be Jaiden Smith but they'd probably cast Willow Smith instead because she can "whip her hair":)

Vivica Fox would be great as an older Mary Wilson if they use artistic license and go past Flos living years.....

marv2
10-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Berry Gordy, Diane Ross notwithstanding, the Florence Ballard story is never going away. If they are concerned about looking bad, then maybe they should have behaved better?

thommg
10-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't believe this fim is anywhere near the filming stage. I deal with entertainment information all day long for my job and I have heard nothing about it at all. Something like this would be all over the trade papers and online entertainment sites. You would know who was producing, directing, etc. So far there has been nothing. It is pretty common for an actor who wants to do a project or get one off the ground to begin talking about thae project. Sometimes it can kickstart the project and sometimes backfire and stop the production from going forward. If you look at a lot of the entertainment magazines that were published in the 1970's you'll see tons of performers and producers talking about projects like the project was all set to go. Trouble is, it was never heard of again, or it didn't get funding, or it was put in turnaround and forgotten.....

topdiva1
10-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Berry Gordy, Diane Ross notwithstanding, the Florence Ballard story is never going away. If they are concerned about looking bad, then maybe they should have behaved better?

No one, I believe, back then thought that all these years later - poeple would still be interested in that "...Ballard bitch". They thought of Flo as disposable, in as much as they thought about Mary Wilson , the same way - well they have all been proven wrong.

[[quote from ALL THAT GLITTERED)

marv2
10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Extremely wrong! They need to finally get it. The public fell in love with THREE young woman called the Supremes. The young ones are learning about Florence now and they want to know more and more.

olamaebarto
10-07-2010, 06:42 PM

Oh my dear god! Well if they base this film on that book I hope it's not in 3-D!

olamaebarto
10-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Maybe this is "Dreamgirls II" and the story starts where "Dreamgirls" left off; a real sucky sequel like "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure" or "Speed 2".

Since none of us know shite, it sure is fun to speculate!

Just as long as it's not like the sequel to "The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".

topdiva1
10-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Extremely wrong! They need to finally get it. The public fell in love with THREE young woman called the Supremes. The young ones are learning about Florence now and they want to know more and more.

The Supremes are a huge part of musical history - and all the ladies, especially the orginal three - will be discussed and debated for years,

marv2
10-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Maybe they can write it in a way so they don't have to mention Diane or Berry, hehehehehehehe.......! LOL!

topdiva1
10-08-2010, 06:44 PM
And co-starring Kelly Rowland as Mary Wilson.

marv2
10-08-2010, 06:48 PM
You know, years ago I thought that Lauryn Hill would have been perfect to play Mary [[ I believe others picked up on that and liked the idea) but that was almost 10 years ago now. I am starting to like the idea of Kelly in the role.

jobeterob
10-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Florence Ballard could easily have a story without music. She never sang lead on a hit record and the story stands on it's own.

Jobete Music is still worth millions of dollars and they market it mightily each year and make lots of money from it. The purchaser could have cared less about some music licensing for a movie on Diana Ross, Berry Gordy or the Supremes that needs Berry's or Diana's consent to use music. They can make many millions on lots of other things- raisins, grapes, stop signs etc.

topdiva1
10-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Flo Ballard life is not a musical - but a drama, and needs no music.

marv2
10-08-2010, 07:09 PM
But will they be able to do it without truthful portrayals of Diane Ross and Berry Gordy and roles each played in Ms. Ballards life?

skooldem1
10-08-2010, 07:16 PM
What about Mary?

marv2
10-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah! Mary too. Definitely Mary should be in the movie!!!

luke
10-08-2010, 08:50 PM
If Benjamins book is being used as the main source cant they pretty much do what they want? And maybe some sort of "disclaimer " if need be.

marv2
10-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Luke, I think you are right. They can do what they want since the book is based on Benjamin's book which is based on his taped interviews with Florence.

REDHOT
10-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I would love to see it happen. The Florence Ballard Story. You're right Topdival, Kelly Rowland would great, As Mary Wilson.
Please stay positive

Motown_M_1056
10-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Chile please..LOL

Just because Faith Evans continues to talk up her being selected to play Florence Ballard does not mean a film is being made. Just because the publisher of a Ballard biography says a film is being made DOES not mean it will be made. This is not confirmation.
According to sources in Hollywood, there is no script, no director or studio attached to a Florence Ballard film. There are no investors, no music has been licensed, no locations have been selected. At this point, this is still in the planning or development stages with Faith Evans, Peter Benjaminson & the Ballard family hoping to generate interest so they can raise the money needed, get a script and a director interested.
I won't believe a film on Florence Ballard is being made until I see a director has been assigned and shooting has begun.

marv2
10-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Just because Faith Evans continues to talk up her being selected to play Florence Ballard does not mean a film is being made. Just because the publisher of a Ballard biography says a film is being made DOES not mean it will be made. There is no script, no director or studio attached to a Florence BALLARD FILM> here are no investors, no music has been licensed, no locations have been selected. At this point, this is in the planning stages with Ffaith Evans, Peter Benjaminson & the Ballard family hoping to generate interest so they can raise the money needed. I won't believe a film on Florence Ballard is being made until I see a director has been assigned and shooting has begun.

How do you know this?

Motown_M_1056
10-08-2010, 10:35 PM
How do you know this?

I'm smart. And I know people in the film industry. At this point, this film is in development. It can stay in development for years especially if there is no money.

marv2
10-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Would you like to see this movie, like very soon?

marv2
10-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Whether Diane and Berry die tonight or tomorrow, they are going to make Florence's story into a movie. The story is just too strong, too compelling to worry about the hurt feelings of a couple of senior citizens.

If the film "Dreamgirls" did anything, it showed that there is an awful lot of interest in Florence Ballard and what happened to her. There is also a LOT of money to be made by telling this tragic American story.

topdiva1
10-09-2010, 11:03 AM
As much as I would like to see this as a movie on any level - I have to agree at this time with Motownman - it is only being hyped - not done.

The market for Flo Ballard is not that great - to insure that the tens of millions it would take to produce a Movie on Flo Ballard in todays market - will most likely not be recouped. Both Evans, Benjaminson, and The Ballard sisters are wasting their timw if they are WITHOUT a major, studio, producer, writer, and script.

Do not forget the power of Gordy, Ross, and Wilson - all of whom may not look so go as the cridets roll if this film gets made. It is a great idea, vision, and plan - but in reality the Ballard sisters - if interested in making a buck - should do a reality tv show of themselves - forming a recording group. They do have a platform but have not used it wisely.

marv2
10-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Somehow, someway, someone felt the story of "Cadillac Records" was worthy enough to be brought to the big screen. Are you telling me that the story of Chess Records is better known and more compelling than the story of Florence Ballard & the Supremes?

marv2
10-09-2010, 12:59 PM
"LaBomba" The Story of Ritchie Valens.........'nuff said! LOL!!!!!

Motown_M_1056
10-09-2010, 02:20 PM
As much as I would like to see this as a movie on any level - I have to agree at this time with Motownman - it is only being hyped - not done.

The market for Flo Ballard is not that great - to insure that the tens of millions it would take to produce a Movie on Flo Ballard in todays market - will most likely not be recouped. Both Evans, Benjaminson, and The Ballard sisters are wasting their timw if they are WITHOUT a major, studio, producer, writer, and script.

Do not forget the power of Gordy, Ross, and Wilson - all of whom may not look so go as the cridets roll if this film gets made. It is a great idea, vision, and plan - but in reality the Ballard sisters - if interested in making a buck - should do a reality tv show of themselves - forming a recording group. They do have a platform but have not used it wisely.

Right, there's no producers [[moneymen), no director, no script, no studio to market the film; contracts with Faith Evans haven't been signed.
This film is in the talking, development stage and it can stay that way for years.
James Gandolfini announced that he was making a film on Marvin Gaye with Jesse Martin; Someone else said they were making a Marvin Gaye biopic with Phillip Morris; We've yet to see Marvin's life story on the big screen.
There have been numerous reports of films on Otis Redding & Sam Cooke, but no films have been made. Marlon Wayans was selected by Richard Pryor's wife to play Richard Pryor. Cameras have yet to roll. People announce films all the time, but until a budget [[MONEY) is in place, nothing happens.
Since they are still in development & looking for money, there's time for Berry Gordy Jr. and Diana Ross to invest [[laughing). We'll see how quickly this Florence Ballard film gets made then.

midnightman
10-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Exactly. So if those biographies haven't got made yet, what makes anybody else thinks Flo's would be an easy production?

Please. LOL

And Berry & Diana ain't gonna get involved in the financing. Why? Because though Berry made money from Motown's music and Diana's wealthy, neither of them are the same "power figures" they were decades ago and Universal controls the Supremes' catalog along with the other Motown music.

midnightman
10-09-2010, 03:36 PM
And if no one's budgeting the films, it may take up to 30 years for a film to be produced. Meaning we won't ever get to see it.

Motown_M_1056
10-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Exactly. So if those biographies haven't got made yet, what makes anybody else thinks Flo's would be an easy production?

Please. LOL

And Berry & Diana ain't gonna get involved in the financing. Why? Because though Berry made money from Motown's music and Diana's wealthy, neither of them are the same "power figures" they were decades ago and Universal controls the Supremes' catalog along with the other Motown music.

I gotta disagree on your last point. When a producer is looking for money to finance a film, he or she is not concerned where the money comes from...just as long as the checks clear the bank. Ask Lee Daniels. What's to stop Berry Gordy or Diana Ross from forming a company and investing in this film [[secretly) and gaining control over its content? We already know the music is not going to be licensed for this film.

marv2
10-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Motown_M, that was my thought. If Berry Gordy and Diane Ross are scurred about such a film being made, then maybe they should pay to keep the film from happening. It will not take 30 years, it will not take 3! If they want to be sure that a film on Florence's life is not made before they die, then they'd better pony up to the bar......NOW! It is all about money. Money to do it, money not to do it. I can promise you that this film concept will be an easy sell to the money people

Some guy made a "fantasy film" a couple of years ago about a Supremes Reunion. Clips of it are all over the internet. Several years ago, some guy instant messaged me on AOL and asked if I thought a film about the Supremes would sell and that he was writing a screen play. I said sure. Next thing I knew, he had gotten it together and made a movie LOL!!!!

marv2
10-09-2010, 06:18 PM
One more thought. If I were Berry Gordy, I would not waste money trying to prevent it. I mean the story is already out there and has been for at least 25 years! Millions of people have already heard about the drama backstage with Flo and the Supremes. It is a part of American Pop Culture now. So much so that several years go the television comedy series "Living Single" did a parody of it.

jobeterob
10-09-2010, 06:44 PM
There is a great story about Florence that only tangentally touches the Supremes; it doesn't need music; and Diana's role and Mary's role would be small. Kelly is a superb Mary.

But after reading these threads, it sounds like if there is any movie/tv movie or anything of any nature, we'll be lucky.

jonc
10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Some guy made a "fantasy film" a couple of years ago about a Supremes Reunion. Clips of it are all over the internet. Several years ago, some guy instant messaged me on AOL and asked if I thought a film about the Supremes would sell and that he was writing a screen play. I said sure. Next thing I knew, he had gotten it together and made a movie LOL!!!!

I'm so glad Surakhan got your approval prior to making his "In The name Of Love" movie Marv2. His two dollar movie will get released when your hush hush "Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special" finally airs. LMFAO

http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-5701-6

http://surakhan.net/

jillfoster
10-09-2010, 10:29 PM
One never knows if it is Berry blocking music for these productions, or the price being asked for the licensing is above what producers are willing to pay. People have suspected that Berry still holds power like that, but nobody knows this for sure. Anyway... the Supremes sang plenty of songs that weren't published by Jobete. A creative person can work around such things, especially considering that Flo's solo in the live shows AND her lead on "Ain't That Good News" are BOTH published by people Berry has NO control over. and they could certainly use any and all of her ABC recordings. Universal may own them now, but they never were, no are they now, Jobete. And if I were doing the picture, I'd pull some sneaky shit. I'd have a scene where they get ready to appear on Hollywood Palace, have it introduced as "You Keep Me Hangin On", and THEN play the intro to "Keep the Ball Rollin", and dissolve to a backstage scene after the show before the singing starts. Most people wouldn't know the difference.

topdiva1
10-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Friends - the Flo Ballard story DOES NOT NEED The SUpremes songs - they can simple be reffered to - lord knows if they need songs there are plenty that are not from the motown jobete catalogue - they can go to the standards that the girls song on every TV show.

midnightman
10-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Or they can just skip to when Flo had left the Supremes and just save themselves from Motown drama. How about that?

marv2
10-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Or they can just skip to when Flo had left the Supremes and just save themselves from Motown drama. How about that?

They could do that, but that ain't gonna fly! Midnightman, now you know better. The Old School crowd is going to want to see every bit of the story involving the young Supremes and Detroit in the 50's & 60's. The heavy part will come with the death scene and the funeral. Very heavy........

jonc
10-10-2010, 10:50 AM
The heavy part will come with the death scene and the funeral. Very heavy........

Very heavy and very sad indeed. I'm sure ushers will hand out Kleenex in the movie theaters Marvie.

topdiva1
10-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Florence Ballard - movie or not - is sure to remain an endearing legend for generations to come.

midnightman
10-10-2010, 02:19 PM
They could do that, but that ain't gonna fly! Midnightman, now you know better. The Old School crowd is going to want to see every bit of the story involving the young Supremes and Detroit in the 50's & 60's. The heavy part will come with the death scene and the funeral. Very heavy........

And that's where the problems begin. In order for the full story to be told, there's gonna be a lot of work into making the film work and that would include the right to use music from the Motown days and then Flo's solo work. So in three years if this film don't come out, don't act surprised as to why.

phyl
10-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Florence Ballard - movie or not - is sure to remain an endearing legend for generations to come.

you got thatr right whwat motwon and berry gorody and dinaa ross did to flo was fukking wrong and its aboutg time eveyrone knows the wtruth.

skooldem1
10-10-2010, 05:05 PM
It seems as if people want some kind of "truth" to be told about Diana and Berry and Flo and they are salavating over what could be. Thats all I've been reading, Diana this, Berry that. No mention of the other group member...Mary Wilson. You know they say be careful of what you wish for. I wonder how these people will feel if Mary is not portrayed in a good light. Diana was a selfish group member who wanted the spotlight to herself. Thats the worse thing in the world in some minds. But is it really that serious? I mean really. What if they deal with how Flo felt Mary was two faced? Surely they will show how mary sided with Berry and Diana to get Flo out of the group. Surely they will show how Mary went behind her friends back and taught the routines to Cindy. Then there is Flo, how will she be portrayed?

jonc
10-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Marv2 predicted that Dreamgirls would finish Diana Ross, Marvie then went on to predict, with the help of his "vast" youtube fan base, Peter Benjaminson's "The Lost Supreme" would be a best seller and would finish Diana Ross. Neither finished or affected Miss Ross. LMFAO

Now Marv is salivating at the thought of this "rumored" Faith Evans -Flo Ballard biopic finishing Diana Ross, even though there is no movie studio or production company behind the "alleged" Evans movie.

Marv is the wannabe Jeanne Dixon of SDF even though none of his predictions ever come out in his favor. I predict this movie will get made and released when Marv's "hush hush" Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special airs on primetime TV.

captainjames
10-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Jonc;
LMAOF
You should have been a Preacher !!!

marv2
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
you got thatr right whwat motwon and berry gorody and dinaa ross did to flo was fukking wrong and its aboutg time eveyrone knows the wtruth.

Hi Phyl, how are you? hehehehehehehe............

marv2
10-10-2010, 07:54 PM
It seems as if people want some kind of "truth" to be told about Diana and Berry and Flo and they are salavating over what could be. Thats all I've been reading, Diana this, Berry that. No mention of the other group member...Mary Wilson. You know they say be careful of what you wish for. I wonder how these people will feel if Mary is not portrayed in a good light. Diana was a selfish group member who wanted the spotlight to herself. Thats the worse thing in the world in some minds. But is it really that serious? I mean really. What if they deal with how Flo felt Mary was two faced? Surely they will show how mary sided with Berry and Diana to get Flo out of the group. Surely they will show how Mary went behind her friends back and taught the routines to Cindy. Then there is Flo, how will she be portrayed?

Regarding Mary teaching Cindy Birdsong routines, I think Mary did what the boss ordered. Cholly Atkins also taught Cindy Birdsong "routines" and I know he loved Flo.

Cindy Birdsong has said that she had the hardest time getting Mary Wilson to warm up to her, but that she understood because she was being brought in to replace Mary's best friend.

marv2
10-10-2010, 08:00 PM
One never knows if it is Berry blocking music for these productions, or the price being asked for the licensing is above what producers are willing to pay. People have suspected that Berry still holds power like that, but nobody knows this for sure. Anyway... the Supremes sang plenty of songs that weren't published by Jobete. A creative person can work around such things, especially considering that Flo's solo in the live shows AND her lead on "Ain't That Good News" are BOTH published by people Berry has NO control over. and they could certainly use any and all of her ABC recordings. Universal may own them now, but they never were, no are they now, Jobete. And if I were doing the picture, I'd pull some sneaky shit. I'd have a scene where they get ready to appear on Hollywood Palace, have it introduced as "You Keep Me Hangin On", and THEN play the intro to "Keep the Ball Rollin", and dissolve to a backstage scene after the show before the singing starts. Most people wouldn't know the difference.

Some very good points Jill! The sneaky stuff and other "tricks" could work to get around certain scenes. They could also benefit from the use of other "period characters" music like Aretha Franklin and James Brown.

midnightman
10-10-2010, 09:39 PM

You know I've noticed whenever someone talks about the Supremes, it's never about the group's legacy. It was always about some type of drama. It's excused as "passion" over here but I find it quite revolting. Didn't Diana or Flo themselves say the Supremes weren't as close as Mary's book indicated? We didn't live their lives but yet I almost feel like some here are like 60 or something to have such "visual memory" of some backstabbing by Diana and the Supremes. Much like, oh what's his name, that author who claimed he was Flo's best friend and David's adopted son? lol no seriously I know who it is, I don't want to be reminded LMAO

midnightman
10-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Like y'all said, this is supposed to be about Flo and the others are not that involved right. Well except Mary of course. ;)

topdiva1
10-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Flo's story is very powerful and I am sure their are many who do not want it made to a movie. I cannot see Mary, Duanea, or Berry = liking this one bit. Although I am sure they will make politically correct statements if it does get made. Motowners always save face.

jonc
10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Flo's story is very powerful and I am sure their are many who do not want it made to a movie. I cannot see Mary, Duanea, or Berry = liking this one bit. Although I am sure they will make politically correct statements if it does get made. Motowners always save face.

Given that you claimed to be extremely close to Florence Ballard in your book "All That Glittered" have you been contacted to either advise or be in the Faith Evans/Flo movie TopDiva? If I recall correctly the author mentioned you scores of times in his biogrpahy although he called you Tony Tucker instead of Viscountess Turner.

topdiva1
10-11-2010, 05:49 PM
If and when this movie is done - it will be a hit because of the amount of controversy it will generate - prior to it's opening. I am sure we all hope for the best film possible - given the urban legends that surround all of The Supremes.

phyl
10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi Phyl, how are you? hehehehehehehe............

im dioing good marv my mans frank is in illliniois visiting hwis childrine so i got some spare time i love how y oure staiding up for mary wislon here shes the supreme surpeme and i love you and i love mayr very much. is cj a memember heere he needs to be here hes god pepeole and he stnads up for may wilson.

marv2
10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
im dioing good marv my mans frank is in illliniois visiting hwis childrine so i got some spare time i love how y oure staiding up for mary wislon here shes the supreme surpeme and i love you and i love mayr very much. is cj a memember heere he needs to be here hes god pepeole and he stnads up for may wilson.

But I love you more Phyl! You CJ has a new record out right?

topdiva1
10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Faith Evans is getting a lot of buzz about this film, but will a bigger name than Faith Evans go after this part - with that maybe a real STAR can get it done.

Who else could play Flo?

arrr&bee
10-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey wasn't that movie called-fried green tomatoes??

marv2
10-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Rosie Perez looks like Flo, but I have not seen her in years.

topdiva1
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Mary J Blige as - Diana Ross

Kelly Rowland as - Mary Wilson

Faith Evans as - Flo Ballard

Leon - as Tommy Chapman

Danny Devito as Berry Gordy - [[ I was casting by height) LOL

useyourchucklemuscle
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Mary J Blige as - Diana Ross

Kelly Rowland as - Mary Wilson

Faith Evans as - Flo Ballard

Leon - as Tommy Chapman

Danny Devito as Berry Gordy - [[ I was casting by height) LOL

And Beverley Todd as Tony Turner!

topdiva1
10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
And Beverley Todd as Tony Turner!

And the queen Mother - as you!!!!!!!!!!!!

useyourchucklemuscle
10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
And the queen Mother - as you!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's dead, dear heart! And as a Jacobite I wouldn't really want anyone connected with that usurping German clan playing me. Not that it matters much as I rather doubt my character would be cast, not being part of Florence's life!

topdiva1
10-12-2010, 04:09 PM
She's dead, dear heart! And as a Jacobite I wouldn't really want anyone connected with that usurping German clan playing me. Not that it matters much as I rather doubt my character would be cast, not being part of Florence's life!

The queen mother is dead - I knew that - that is way she should play you.

useyourchucklemuscle
10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
The queen mother is dead - I knew that - that is way she should play you.

I WILL NOT be played by a mouldering corpse!
Especially a posh one!

topdiva1
10-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Let us stay on track and respect the memory and spirit of Flo Ballard.

MissLish
10-13-2010, 05:20 AM

I especially enjoyed learning about her orgasm when she met Milt Jenkins. Do you think this aspect will be featured in the Bio flick?

MissLish
10-13-2010, 05:24 AM
Low budget or otherwise, I'm sure this could be an entertaining and good movie or TV movie or whatever. Florence Ballard had a Billie Holiday style life ~ it would make the kind of story that people are interested in; turmoil, trauma, rags to riches and back to rags.

As for using Motown music, I'm sure that when Berry Gordy sold Jobete that he ensured no Jobete Music could be used in a movie about him or "his family" during their lives or the lives of his children without his consent or the consent of his estate; and his family includes Rhonda and Diana.

But that is irrelevant to any show on Flo; her story may be interesting to the masses because it is attached to Motown/Berry/Diana/The Supremes. But the story stands alone on it's own without any music and as Flo's story in it's own right.

I agree, Rob; and I bet this will be made.

topdiva1
10-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I believe you will find that this movie will have some SUPREMES hits in it - but remember the bulk of the movie is about Florence Ballard - and most likely and hopefully will show her life after the Supremes -

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 11:39 AM
This film already has it's script - which include many things about Flo from All That Glittered - by Tony Turner - filming will start in Jan 2011.

Finally Flo will have her say! Her daughters are backing the movie and it.s script in full.

jonc
10-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Her daughters are backing the movie and it.s script in full.

They can back it all they want but unless a studio or production company puts up the money the movie will not get made.

Perhaps Tony Tucker and his Spanish Viscount could back the movie.

captainjames
10-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I honestly and truthfully HOPE the movie does gets made but for filming to start in January 2011 and without any of the logicstics outline for the production is simply wishful thinking I believe at this point. Perhaps with all the hype those connected with the film are hoping that with all the BUZZ that someone will take an interest.

Faith Evans has stated that filming will start in January 2011 in Atlanta, ok I will wait and see what transpires from now until then. There has to be more people in this movie besides Faith Evans but, everywhere I have turned I can't seem to get an answer. Heck Flo had a truckload of Brothers and sisters so I wonder if it will focus any on them or her mother which she held dear to her. Perhaps Maxine will have more details about it ...lol. At any rate January is right around the corner so I will wait until it gets closer to then to see if we hear more or if it will just fizzle out.

Motown_M_1056
10-15-2010, 12:17 PM
This film already has it's script - which include many things about Flo from All That Glittered - by Tony Turner - filming will start in Jan 2011.

Finally Flo will have her say! Her daughters are backing the movie and it.s script in full.

From what I've been told, the script for this still in development film, is to be based on Peter Benjaminson's [[SP?) biography...and not All That Glittered. There is no script and no start date for shooting..

simplysupreme
10-15-2010, 12:33 PM
From what I've been told, the script for this still in development film, is to be based on Peter Benjaminson's [[SP?) biography...and not All That Glittered. There is no script and no start date for shooting..

I was thinking the same thing. No press report has mentioned nary a word about Tony and his book. Everything I've read/heard points to Peter Benjaminson.

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 06:17 PM
They can back it all they want but unless a studio or production company puts up the money the movie will not get made.

Perhaps Tony Tucker and his Spanish Viscount could back the movie.

They are funded.

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing. No press report has mentioned nary a word about Tony and his book. Everything I've read/heard points to Peter Benjaminson.

What makes any of you think that you have heard EVERYTHING - I cannot believe you could be so stupid as to believe or think that you know or have been told EVERYTHING about this project.

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 06:20 PM

Script done - maybe to be revised - start date in Jan 2011 - as of now. No one other than Faith Evans has been signed.

bradsupremes
10-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Tony....erhh....TopDiva, what makes you think you know everything about this project? If you knew then you surely would have posted something on these boards long before I even mentioned it and now all of sudden you know that the script is revised, it's based on Tony Turner's fictional fable and you know who and who hasn't been cast? No 20 year college student would know such a thing. Quit telling lies and stop wearing a broken masquerade.

simplysupreme
10-15-2010, 06:36 PM
What makes any of you think that you have heard EVERYTHING - I cannot believe you could be so stupid as to believe or think that you know or have been told EVERYTHING about this project.

LOL If Tony Turner is in anyway affiliated with this movie, I will buy your "school books" for next semester.

simplysupreme
10-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Tony....erhh....TopDiva, what makes you think you know everything about this project? If you knew then you surely would have posted something on these boards long before I even mentioned it and now all of sudden you know that the script is revised, it's based on Tony Turner's fictional fable and you know who and who hasn't been cast? No 20 year college student would know such a thing. Quit telling lies and stop wearing a broken masquerade.

Bingo, Brad!

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 06:40 PM

Bitch Please!!!!!!!

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Bingo, Brad!

Bitch Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motown_M_1056
10-15-2010, 06:41 PM

All right, Brad!

blueskies
10-15-2010, 06:48 PM

You got it, Brad!

midnightman
10-15-2010, 06:49 PM
The media reports the movie will be based after Peter Benjaminson's book, not Tony's nor Maxine's.

jonc
10-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Bitch Please!!!!!!!

There you go again with the name calling. Be nice Viscountess Tucker.

jonc
10-15-2010, 06:53 PM

Every single person on this forum [[with the exception of Marv who is in TopDiva/Tony Tucker's court) knows that TopDiva is Tony Turner.

simplysupreme
10-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Bitch Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL My goodness. Why so hostile?

jonc
10-15-2010, 07:04 PM
LOL My goodness. Why so hostile?

Playing a 20 year old student at SDF coupled with being wardrobe mistress on the The Temptations Revue featuring Dennis Edwards can be exhausting simplysupreme and lest we forget Tony Tucker is no spring chicken.

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Playing a 20 year old student at SDF coupled with being wardrobe mistress on the The Temptations Revue featuring Dennis Edwards can be exhausting simplysupreme and lest we forget Tony Tucker is no spring chicken.

yOU REMAIN SO LOVELY IN YOUR OLD AGE, HOOKER!!!!

useyourchucklemuscle
10-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Bitch Please!!!!!!!

Now, now, Topsy! I'm sure Tony Turner would have been appalled if you had spoken like that during your 3 day interview with him!
Three days!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! No wonder you won't post the interview here! It'd probably take up all the space on the whole World Wide Web!

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Now, now, Topsy! I'm sure Tony Turner would have been appalled if you had spoken like that during your 3 day interview with him!
Three days!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! No wonder you won't post the interview here! It'd probably take up all the space on the whole World Wide Web!

Not really - more than likely i could tattoo it on your ass, and maybe your forehead too! BITCH!!!!

simplysupreme
10-15-2010, 07:16 PM

you ain't lying!

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 07:42 PM
you ain't lying!

You ain;t never lied - lol

smark21
10-15-2010, 07:59 PM

LOL! Excellent and well written post Brad.

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 08:10 PM
LOL! Excellent and well written post Brad.

I guess Brad thinks all 20 year old college students are dumb and do not use the net to research - see what I say - limited old minds

useyourchucklemuscle
10-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Not really - more than likely i could tattoo it on your ass, and maybe your forehead too! BITCH!!!!

Now, now Tony! A tad too much hostility.
LOL!
Easy meat!

topdiva1
10-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Now, now Tony! A tad too much hostility.
LOL!
Easy meat!

Cluckie - this could only be you - or your nasty ass retarded twin

smark21
10-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I guess Brad thinks all 20 year old college students are dumb and do not use the net to research - see what I say - limited old minds

Um, Brad is actually a 20, maybe 21 year old, college student.

bradsupremes
10-15-2010, 08:29 PM

Ha! Oh TopDiva, you make me laugh.

blueskies
10-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Every single person on this forum [[with the exception of Marv who is in TopDiva/Tony Tucker's court) knows that TopDiva is Tony Turner.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200310/understanding-compulsive-liars

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Um, Brad is actually a 20, maybe 21 year old, college student.

Then he should have a clue.

marv2
10-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Topdiva, someone wanted to pass along a message to you. Please check your private messages / notifications.
Thanks.

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks - Marv

useyourchucklemuscle
10-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks - Marv

What does the message say, Topsy? Or is that something else you just CAN'T share with us? Or mayhap you are just too intellectually inept to actually read it!

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Flo Ballard story as a film is sure to REACH OUT AND TOUCH or shall I say REACH OUT AND CRUSH!!!

bradsupremes
10-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Then he should have a clue.

Oh I have a clue. Apparently you don't.

topdiva1
10-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Oh I have a clue. Apparently you don't.

Never the less - The Flo Ballard story will upset and delight many - AND WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonc
10-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Never the less - The Flo Ballard story will upset and delight many - AND WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROTFLMFAO. Marvfib and Tony Tucker are totally delusional over this "supposed" Saint Florence Ballard movie.

smark21
10-16-2010, 04:31 PM
ROTFLMFAO. Marvfib and Tony Tucker are totally delusional over this "supposed" Saint Florence Ballard movie.

The Flo Ballard movie is going to happen and it's going to be a hit. Just like Mary Wilson's Holland Tunnel album.

Oh.... wait a minute.

jonc
10-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Both actually Mr. Foster. I was a partner which made me a co-owner back in the late 90's but I've moved on to bigger and better things since then. Good sleuth work though I'll give you that.

Are you still a flora and fauna Funeral Home expert or are you now hawking your interior designer services? I was very impressed with your whorehouse red front parlor.

jillfoster
10-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Both actually Mr. Foster. I was a partner which made me a co-owner back in the late 90's but I've moved on to bigger and better things since then. Good sleuth work though I'll give you that.

Well, you do a girl proud! And it was so brave of you to suddenly go "freelance" in the middle of the biggest economic downturn in 70 years. What guts it took to quit your job and go it alone in such a climate! Your'e very good at covering asses... you should get a job designing gowns for Aretha, she needs all the covering she can get! And i'm an expert on everything, don't you know that by now? don't question the qualifications of an expert.

jillfoster
10-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Thank you Mr. Foster. Actually I left in 2001 before the big economic downturn. Check me out a bit more my darling and maybe you could post more factual information.

It's rich that you a Gay man would defend a known Homophobe like marv2. You've got to get some self pride Mr. F.

It's an embarrassment of riches, dahhling. and I was referring to you not working for a company and only freelancing since January 2009.

jonc
10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
It's an embarrassment of riches, dahhling. and I was referring to you not working for a company and only freelancing since January 2009.

Made more money freelancing even in the economic meltdown dearie.

jillfoster
10-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Made more money freelancing even in the economic meltdown dearie.

Well hells bells... makes you wish you'd done it years ago, doesn't it! Take it from me, self employment is the only way to go. And look at it this way, if business gets slow, you'll always be able to come here and verbally spar with me. We are like the Krystle and Alexis of Soulful detroit, don't you agree?

jonc
10-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Well hells bells... makes you wish you'd done it years ago, doesn't it! Take it from me, self employment is the only way to go. And look at it this way, if business gets slow, you'll always be able to come here and verbally spar with me. We are like the Krystle and Alexis of Soulful detroit, don't you agree?

Only if I can be Alexis. LOL

jobeterob
10-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Jill and Jonc..........you are two of my favorites; and I think you are often on the same page, on the same plane. Men, I want you to continue keeping Marv and TopDiva in line; so don't batter each other too bad.

jonc
10-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Jill and Jonc..........you are two of my favorites; and I think you are often on the same page, on the same plane. Men, I want you to continue keeping Marv and TopDiva in line; so don't batter each other too bad.

Foster and I have alligator skin and have learned how to roll with the punches jobeterob. No0 need to worry about us. LOL

topdiva1
10-29-2010, 11:56 AM
I understand that most - not all - of this film will be based on The Lost Supreme by Peter Benjaminson. This is indeed the most comprehensive work on Flo Ballard to date.

If you have not purchased this book - you should.

topdiva1
10-30-2010, 09:34 AM

You sound like Diana - but Topdiva and Marv are not Flo Ballard - who really has to be on the same page as you - hear how you sound - so you only want chat from those who agree with you - and the rest you will keep in line - how small of you

I chose to listen and agree or disagree and hopefully learn from all.

Kamasu_Jr
10-30-2010, 09:42 AM
You should like Diana - but Topdiva and Marv are not Flo Ballard - who really has to be on the same page as you - hear how you sound - so you only want cjat from those who agree with you - and the rest you will keep in line - So baby Ross 0 without a Gordy

Like someone else said, I have not seen the buzz around a proposed movie go silent so quick. Nobody is talking about a Flo Ballard movie but a few mouths on the forum.
They are the only ones keeping this dream alive. At this point, Florence Ballard is forgotten. Teens and 20-somethings don't care about her, Diana Ross or Mary Wilson. And Rob, don't take the bait. his thread would die if certain people didn't keep it alive.

topdiva1
10-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Like someone else said, I have not seen the buzz around a proposed movie go silent so quick. Nobody is talking about a Flo Ballard movie but a few mouths on the forum.
They are the only ones keeping this dream alive. At this point, Florence Ballard is forgotten. Teens and 20-somethings don't care about her, Diana Ross or Mary Wilson. And Rob, don't take the bait. his thread would die if certain people didn't keep it alive.

You could be right about the movie not being made - but I am not ready to throw the towel in yet.

marv2
10-30-2010, 10:23 AM

It is almost embarassing to hear you say something as dry and uninformed as that! Does this look like just a few mouths on this forum? You better wake up~!

http://www.google.com/search?q=faith+evans+as+florence+ballard&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=

marv2
10-30-2010, 10:28 AM
You could be right about the movie not being made - but I am not ready to throw the towel in yet.

He cannot EVER be right. It is not in his DNA! Go to "Google.com" and type in "Faith Evans as Florence Ballard" and see what comes up. It looks like this subject is being discussed on MANY forums by "20 somethings" who are not even the target market for this film. Kamasu would have you walking off a cliff listening to him.

smark21
10-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Faith Evans' new album came out a couple of weeks ago, when she was on the talk shows promoting it and talking about the Flo movie being a go. How well is the album selling?

Kamasu_Jr
10-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Inter
It is almost embarassing to hear you say something as dry and uninformed as that! Does this look like just a few mouths on this forum? You better wake up~!

http://www.google.com/search?q=faith+evans+as+florence+ballard&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=
Internet postings mean nothing to me. There's not one post from a legitimate media newspaper or magazine on a Florence Ballard movie. Bloggers steal from other bloggers. Marv2 ought to know, he certainly steals. Faith Evans.com is not a legitimate news source. I can post a thread saying I'm Jesus Christ and put it on Google or the Net, but it doesn't make it so. Like Ii said, don't believe the hype. These loonies can only keep this thread going for themselves.

Kamasu_Jr
10-30-2010, 04:42 PM
He cannot EVER be right. It is not in his DNA! Go to "Google.com" and type in "Faith Evans as Florence Ballard" and see what comes up. It looks like this subject is being discussed on MANY forums by "20 somethings" who are not even the target market for this film. Kamasu would have you walking off a cliff listening to him.

And this is coming from Marv2 who told the forum he was working on a Motown 50th TV spectacular. We are supposed to believe him? LOL. The Flo Ballard movie will appear in theaters when Marv's TV special airs and Mary Wilson's latest album escapes.
Smark, I don't know how the Faith Eevans album is doing saleswise but I've not seen any videos or a commercial for it on BET or MTV.

jillfoster
10-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Inter
Internet postings mean nothing to me. There's not one post from a legitimate media newspaper or magazine on a Florence Ballard movie. Faith Evans.com is not a legitimate news source.

Absolutely correct, I'll put my trust in Faux news and the papers with Dewey Deafeats Truman headlines.

stephanie
10-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Dont worry Marv I will be there for the Motown 50th!!!!!!

captainjames
10-30-2010, 07:45 PM
We are probably reaching Motown 55 now.

marv2
10-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Dont worry Marv I will be there for the Motown 50th!!!!!!

I'm not worried and good for you.

Happy Halloween Stephanie!

marv2
10-30-2010, 07:55 PM
And this is coming from Marv2 who told the forum he was working on a Motown 50th TV spectacular. We are supposed to believe him? LOL. The Flo Ballard movie will appear in theaters when Marv's TV special airs and Mary Wilson's latest album escapes.
Smark, I don't know how the Faith Eevans album is doing saleswise but I've not seen any videos or a commercial for it on BET or MTV.

It wasn't me telling the forum about MY TV SPECIAL, that was your girlfriend Jonc saying that 5 million times. Don't you remember Kamasu? Come on, it hasn't been that long. Oh I guess out of sight means out of mind? Ok I get it. LOL!!!

marv2
10-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Inter
Internet postings mean nothing to me. There's not one post from a legitimate media newspaper or magazine on a Florence Ballard movie. Bloggers steal from other bloggers. Marv2 ought to know, he certainly steals. Faith Evans.com is not a legitimate news source. I can post a thread saying I'm Jesus Christ and put it on Google or the Net, but it doesn't make it so. Like Ii said, don't believe the hype. These loonies can only keep this thread going for themselves.

If Internet postings mean nothing to you, then what are you doing here?

marv2
10-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Absolutely correct, I'll put my trust in Faux news and the papers with Dewey Deafeats Truman headlines.

Exactly! He just doesn't make sense.

Kamasu_Jr
10-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Exactly! He just doesn't make sense.

When i see something about a Flo Ballard movie in Variety, Entertainment Weekly, Billboard or Premiere Magazine - credible news sources - only then will believe it. Daily Variety and Variety have covered the entertainment and motion picture industry for years. There hasn't been any mention of a Flo Ballard movie in them. Can you not present one shred of factual or credible information - like which studio or production company is making this alleged film - from a legit news source, and not your co-zany JillFoster or some internet blog written by some fan who can't spell or punctuate?

topdiva1
10-31-2010, 11:44 AM
When i see something about a Flo Ballard movie in Variety, Entertainment Weekly, Billboard or Premiere Magazine - credible news sources - only then will believe it. Daily Variety and Variety have covered the entertainment and motion picture industry for years. There hasn't been any mention of a Flo Ballard movie in them. Can you not present one shred of factual or credible information - like which studio or production company is making this alleged film - from a legit news source, and not your co-zany JillFoster or some internet blog written by some fan who can't spell or punctuate?

Is Miss Faith Evans not a credible source?

I am sure Miss Evans and her people know what studio, production company, screenwriter, director, book sources, interviews, - etc, etc, etc.

marv2
10-31-2010, 12:08 PM

I am sure Miss Evans and her people know what studio, production company, screenwriter, director, book sources, interviews, - etc, etc, etc.

Look here's the deal. Any of the people here questioning whether this film on the life of Florence Ballard will ever materialize actually are against any such a film. They are lying if they say that is not the truth. They are afraid that Diana Ross will be made to look bad. Now this is the truth. They fail to realize that this story is already out in the public and has been for decades now. What's done, is done. I have yet to see a public relations campaign by Ross or anyone else to refute what the public already believes and if you think you can change the public's mind about her after all these years [[without distorting the facts), you are a fool.

The film is about Florence, not Diane and Berry, although both played key, pivotal roles in the life of Ms. Ballard. They cannot help themselves when it comes to arguing with anyone that would like to see this film make it to the screen. It doesn't matter what you do or you say [[as the song goes), there is going to be a film [[one day!). If you are against the making of "The Florence Ballard Story" then just don't go to see it.

This all reminds me of the childrens Christmas cartoon "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". In the program, the Grinch [[Boris Karloff) makes the declaration "I Must Stop Christmas From Coming....." he tried his darnest to stop it, but it came anyway and he had to learn to accept it. That's what some folks are going to have to do regarding this film.

Kamasu_Jr
10-31-2010, 12:20 PM

If Faith Evans knows what studio will bankroll her film and who will direct her and pen her script, she's certainly keeping this information close to her ches. With filming supposedly beginning in January, it seems to me such pertinent details would be in place and shared with the legitimate media. Again, show me an article from Variety, The Detroit News or the Atlanta Constitution Journal about Atlanta resident Faith Evans starring in a film about Florence Ballard. With filming sceduled to begin in Atlanta in January, there should be ads in the local papers for film crews, electricians, set decorators, etc. Where is that stuff? There's not even a title for this proposed film. It's not the "Florence Ballard Story." I'm waiting for something factual from something credible.

smark21
10-31-2010, 01:39 PM
I"ll ask my question again--how are sales for Faith Evans' album? Is it doing well? She was out promoting it a few weeks ago and that's when she talked about starring in the Florence Ballard story. Surely she would not be lying about making a movie about Flo just to boost her profile and make her seem busy with lots of projects and in demand in the film industry? No one in show business has ever resorted to such tactics, have they?

marv2
10-31-2010, 01:43 PM
I"ll ask my question again--how are sales for Faith Evans' album? Is it doing well? She was out promoting it a few weeks ago and that's when she talked about starring in the Florence Ballard story. Surely she would not be lying about making a movie about Flo just to boost her profile and make her seem busy with lots of projects and in demand in the film industry? No one in show business has ever resorted to such tactics, have they?
I don't know how you find out how Faith's album is selling. Billboard charts? etc.

topdiva1
10-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Let us just encourage the idea of Flo Ballard's story being told on film. I understand that most thought that Berry Gordy and Diana Ross would never pull off Lady Sings The Blues - and look what happened.

Stay positive - as Flo - like Billi Holiday and all the other forgotten or semi forgotten Diva's need to be remembered - like - Josephine Baker, Dorothy Danridge - etc. Both of those films were projects that people said could not be done.

Let us hope that the entire Flo Ballard/ orginal Supremes story has a shot, at last.