PDA

View Full Version : The Andantes, Motown’s secret weapon [[With Video)

test

jobeterob
03-10-2013, 02:36 AM
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/03/09/the-andantes-motowns-secret-weapon/

Methuselah2
03-10-2013, 04:39 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Nice video. Very nice. Thanks Jobeterob.

carole cucumber
03-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Has anyone here gone to the museum to see the exhibit?
I was surprised to read that there is a photo of Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell, and the Andantes together in the recording studio. I've never seen that one. And with the Easy Session still being discussed so vigorously on the Motown Forum... I know that the photos of Marvin , Kim Weston, and the Andantes are a rare find, but I've never seen the one with Marvin, Tammi, and the Andantes that is referenced in the article.
I know of Mary Wilson mentioning her involvement with Flip Wilson from her book. But I never knew that Motown issued albums by Flip Wilson. Of course Motown issued a comedy album by Willie Tyler & Lester, as well as Bill Cosby.
Or has the writer or the interim CEO of the Museum gotten things a little confused?

reese
03-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Has anyone here gone to the museum to see the exhibit?
I was surprised to read that there is a photo of Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell, and the Andantes together in the recording studio. I've never seen that one. And with the Easy Session still being discussed so vigorously on the Motown Forum... I know that the photos of Marvin , Kim Weston, and the Andantes are a rare find, but I've never seen the one with Marvin, Tammi, and the Andantes that is referenced in the article.
I know of Mary Wilson mentioning her involvement with Flip Wilson from her book. But I never knew that Motown issued albums by Flip Wilson. Of course Motown issued a comedy album by Willie Tyler & Lester, as well as Bill Cosby.
Or has the writer or the interim CEO of the Museum gotten things a little confused?

I haven't seen the exhibit, although I wish I could. But I suspect the writer confused Tammi with Kim Weston when it came to the photo with the Andantes.

To my knowledge, Flip Wilson released albums for Scepter, Atlantic,and Little David. I never heard of him recording for Motown.

midnight johnny
03-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Rob....great article and video. Thanks so much for posting!!
John

Roberta75
03-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Real nice article and video and good to see the Andantes get they due. Like the man said they are important to Motown like the Funk Brothers are.

Thank you for posting this.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

thisoldheart
03-10-2013, 02:29 PM
the video is very careful to not precisely say that the andantes sang the backgrounds by themselves on so many supremes, vandellas, and marvelettes singles. the myth is still being perpetuated!