PDA

View Full Version : Theresa Lindsey - Gotta Find A Way tape owner?

test

tjl
03-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi all:

We're trying to find any leads for the current owners of a Correc-Tone song from Theresa Lindsey, "Gotta Find A Way".

Anyone know who ended up controlling/owning the master and tape?

Also anyone know if she is still around? I'd love to contact her about interviewing her for a new PBS "Girl Grooves" project we have upcoming.

Please email me at tjlproductions@aol.com with any leads or info.

Thanks.

robb_k
03-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Who ended up with all Wilbur[[t) Golden's Correc-Tone Tapes? When he closed up shop for Correc-Tone Records, he was bailed out by Ed Wingate. Theresa Lindsey's contract went to Wingate's Golden World Records [[Golden's last Correc-Tone act was to drive her to Wingate's office. But, if Wingate got her tapes, I would guess he'd have released some of her Correc-Tone cuts on Golden World.

Atlantic Records had distribution rights to 2 of Theresa's Correc-Tone records, and "Gotta Find A Way"/"Wonderful One" were 2 of those 4 cuts. Maybe Atlantic had wound up with the master tapes, as well? I don't think they ended up with the producer, Popcorn Wylie.

theboyfromxtown
03-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Hi all:

We're trying to find any leads for the current owners of a Correc-Tone song from Theresa Lindsey, "Gotta Find A Way".

Anyone know who ended up controlling/owning the master and tape?

Also anyone know if she is still around? I'd love to contact her about interviewing her for a new PBS "Girl Grooves" project we have upcoming.

Please email me at tjlproductions@aol.com with any leads or info.

Thanks.

TJL

Theresa is on Facebook.