PDA

View Full Version : 1971 POSTER - Jackson 5 and Diana Ross and The Supremes ?????

test

captainjames
03-06-2013, 11:19 AM

Diana Ross and The Supremes 1971

reese
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
This poster turns up every now and then on Ebay. I'm surprised that it gets any sales, as it is obviously a fake. It was even used during the montage when the Jackson 5 were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

GrtGzu
03-06-2013, 12:07 PM
"In the Summertime, when the weather is hot - you can sit right down and..."

Oops, sorry....couldn't resist..[[I like Mungo Jerry's tune)....I had that pic of the J5 hanging on the wall when I was but a "tween"....and I saw that pic of the Supremes when watching Eddie Kendrick on Unsung....Can't believe photographers made women purse their lips like that back in the day, LOL!!

Glenpwood
03-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Wow, we all missed the one night only reunion of Diana, Mary & Flo as DRATS in scenic cultural Gary, Indiana..... hope Jean and Cindy were given a nice paid vacation for stepping aside.....;)

carole cucumber
03-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Wow, we all missed the one night only reunion of Diana, Mary & Flo as DRATS in scenic cultural Gary, Indiana..... hope Jean and Cindy were given a nice paid vacation for stepping aside.....;)

Stepping aside???..... didn't you hear ?...... Mary and Flo's microphones were turned off,
Cindy & Jean sang back-ups from behind the curtain.:confused:
And people are still debating if that really was Diana fronting the group.... some swore she looked an awful lot like Syreeta.

captainjames
03-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Actually, there was a Grand Theater in Gary that has since closed. I just thought Hmmmm REALLY ??

randy_russi
03-06-2013, 08:01 PM
This company prints fake posters. I've seen one with Ike & Tina [[70s photos) with a
performance date back in 1960!
I also saw one with Loretta Lynn performing in 1953!!!!! She did not start her
career until '59!
Diana wasn't even in the Supremes in '71 and neither was Flo.

reese
03-07-2013, 12:26 AM
There's another fake poster that shows up frequently. It has Sam Cooke sharing a bill with Otis Redding. But most of the songs it lists for Otis were recorded after Sam's death.