PDA

View Full Version : Live! Live! Live! By The Supremes

test

longtimefan
03-03-2013, 01:09 AM
My question is about the LIVE! LIVE! LIVE! unreleased album by The Supremes. Where was the show for that proposed album actually recorded? I guess I am confused! :-) We have been lucky enough to get several live shows on the expanded HipO editions. Was one of these shows scheduled for LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!? Thanks.

longtimefan
03-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I still can find no information. :-)

sup_fan
03-03-2013, 09:46 PM
it would most likely have been a compilation of live recordings. the girls did a stint at the 20 Grand in Detroit shortly after returning home from the Dick Clark Caravan tour in summer of 64. this performance included WDOLG and is included on the WDOLG 40th Anniversary deluxe set. When the Lovelight, Breathtaking Guy, Your Heart Belongs, Let Me Go Right Way, I Am Woman, People and WDOLG. with only these 7 tracks on this recording they would have picked some other tracks. possibly the Battle of the Band tracks from earlier that year - Run Run Run, Standing at Shadows, Anyone You Had a Heart, Time Changes Things and Make someone Happy [[along with Let Me Go Right Way and Lovelight which are also on 20 Grand set)

davidh
03-03-2013, 11:30 PM
i agree with sup fan. think it was the live tracks from WDOLG/20 GRANDE

carole cucumber
03-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Sup fan,
Yes, according to the WDOLG deluxe set, the 20 Grand show was the basic core. With a proposed release date circa April 1965, possibilities included selections from the Graystone Ballroom Battle of Bands [[available on the Meet the Supremes Expanded Edition) , Motown Revue At the Fox Theatre [[available on the More Hits Expanded Edition) and Motortown Revue Live In Paris [[ also on More Hits Expanded).
In essence, if one has bought the cd's or purchased downloads of these tracks, one can compile one's own tracklist for Live Live Live.