PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Wilson

test

no_place_like_motown
03-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Dusty Groove has listed Music On My Mind/Life, Love And Harmony w/ bonus tracks by Nancy Wilson as an upcoming mid-April release. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You/Now I'm A Woman is still scheduled to be out later this month.

Looking forward to hearing the remastered versions of some of these great songs.

manny
03-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi,

I likes a lot "Lonely, Lonely" [[she recorded before The Intruders) and "Let's Fall In Love All Over Again" [[I think, originally by Gail Anderson and also covered by Lou Rawls and Billy Paul), both fine tracks included on "I'm A Woman Now". Kenny Gamble says on an Interview that "Unmistakably Lou" and "I'm A Woman Now" are the two albums he is most proud to have produced!

Cheers to all

Soul Sister
03-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Jimmy gave a statement for the liner notes of Nancy's new compilation album.
Kevin Goins can tell you more about the release.

S.S.

soulster
03-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I'd like to see "Hurt So Bad" come out on CD, but i'd better not mention my needledrop of it. Seems the last time I commented on one, the post was removed.

no_place_like_motown
03-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi,

I likes a lot "Lonely, Lonely" [[she recorded before The Intruders) and "Let's Fall In Love All Over Again" [[I think, originally by Gail Anderson and also covered by Lou Rawls and Billy Paul), both fine tracks included on "I'm A Woman Now". Kenny Gamble says on an Interview that "Unmistakably Lou" and "I'm A Woman Now" are the two albums he is most proud to have produced!

Cheers to all

Hi Manny,

One of my favorite cuts on the "Now I'm A Woman" LP is "Joe", an outstanding ballad. Dusty Springfield and Jackie Moore also did superb versions of this song.

blkfrost
03-27-2013, 12:12 PM
I see that SoulMusic is releasing another set of Nancy Wilson albums on CD... "Sound of Nancy Wilson" and "Nancy".

sophisticated_soul
03-27-2013, 03:07 PM
What about "Kaleidoscope"? It's my favorite Nancy Wilson album. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe it has been on CD in any form? Maybe it's planned in this series? Anybody know? Thanks.:)

brother_love
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
What about "Kaleidoscope"? It's my favorite Nancy Wilson album. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe it has been on CD in any form? Maybe it's planned in this series? Anybody know? Thanks.:)

Yes it's coming...

sophisticated_soul
03-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Yes it's coming...

Thank you brother love.:) Any info on when? I checked soulmusic.com to see if there was a release schedule and I couldn't find one.

Kamasu_Jr
03-27-2013, 06:11 PM
I've been listening to Nancy Wilson all afternoon. I got Can't Take My Eyes..../Now I'm A Woman and played it late night. It's so good, mood music. An old episode of I Spy in which Nancy guest starred was on Aspire this evening and it will air again tonight at 1 a.m.

misty
03-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Love this clip. Epitomizes everything this lady is. Classy, beautiful, graceful, elegant. Incredible pipes and exquisite phrasing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmrDS2Zhaw

Soul Sister
03-28-2013, 05:01 PM
As far as female vocal stylist's go it doesn't get much better than Fancy Nancy.

S.S.

smark21
03-28-2013, 09:50 PM
She’s an excellent guitarist as well.

splanky
03-29-2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks for posting that clip, misty. I enjoyed that .
Oh, smark's got jokes!..LOL...

Soul Sister
03-29-2013, 01:18 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, Splanky!

Is it Nancy or is it Nancy???

S.S.

smark21
03-29-2013, 09:38 PM
I do wonder if the two Nancy Wilsons ever met? Some years ago I was active at a discussion board for Heart and one of the members there posted about the time they were excited to find out Nancy Wilson was coming to town for a concert. The person attended and was quite surprised to get a jazz show, not a rock show. But the person ended up having a nice evening out and enjoyed the show.

sophisticated_soul
06-23-2013, 02:57 PM

At last! After all my years of waiting, it's finally on CD!:) Just received notice my copy of "Kaleidoscope" has shipped.:) Ordered it from importcds. $19.06 [[s&h included). The other album on the twofer is "I Know I Love Him". A good news day!:)

no_place_like_motown
06-24-2013, 08:04 AM
At last! After all my years of waiting, it's finally on CD!:) Just received notice my copy of "Kaleidoscope" has shipped.:) Ordered it from importcds. $19.06 [[s&h included). The other album on the twofer is "I Know I Love Him". A good news day!:)

Good news, indeed! We've waited a looooooog time for Kaleidoscope.