PDA

View Full Version : Damon Harris and Richard Street

test

satipe
02-27-2013, 07:11 PM
I want to share two stories of hundreds about two fantastic men who always helped me help my students aka "my kids". I will miss both gentlemen but always remember them with a smile.

In 2004, Damon Harris conducted an interview with one of my students named Shnika and after the first two questions, she said she was too nervous to continue. Without missing a beat, Damon said, "You're nervous! How do you think I feel when I know I have the legendary Shnika interviewing me? I'm the one who should be nervous!" It made her smile from ear to ear and she even had the chance to sing a little of "Just My Imagination" with him.

In 2006, Richard Street came to the school for what he said could only be about 30 minutes and that 30 minutes came close to 3 hours. He was amazed that "my kids" knew so many Temptations songs and wanted to sing them with him. He sang "My Girl" and then sang it again with 30 kids. It finished with him having a sing off with one female student and the two would grab the microphone trying to best each other. She took him to town on "Ain't to Proud to Beg"!

These gentlemen never said no and were always there to help "my kids" and I will always be grateful. As I said earlier, I am sad they are gone but I will always remember them with a smile.

Motown4Ever518
02-27-2013, 07:59 PM
It's all about the kids. Thank you for sharing, it gave me an inside look at the two gentlemen.

edafan
02-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Great story

In a short time,
we lost 2 of the best

edafan

alexgarret
02-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Losing the two of them within days is just heartbreaking. Imagine losing two of the Supremes so close together? We should learn to temper our words....and appreciate we can still enjoy them.

nathanj06
02-28-2013, 07:56 AM
I saw that last night that Richard Street had passed and my mouth just dropped. Damon Harris and then Richard a little over a week is a bit much to swallow. These people are like old friends whether you knew them personally or not. What is it with February? Godspeed gentlemen, you are both a class act.

REDHOT
02-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Sad news,R.I.P TEMPTATIONS RICHARD STREET and DAMON HARRIS,you guys were THE BEST

satipe
02-28-2013, 07:50 PM
I forgot about a student that Damon really helped and his name is Ramanand and when they spoke in 1999, Ramanand did not like his name. Damon was so great as he said that a name means nothing, it is the character behind it. The two spoke a few times afterwards - I hope Ramanand is doing well as I have heard nothing from him since then.