PDA

View Full Version : Richard Street

test

theboyfromxtown
02-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Rich Street
Ladies and gentlemen the legendary Richard Street Sr passes away...MY Father is in the lords hands.

theboyfromxtown
02-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Rich [[Ricky) Street is the first born son of Monitor/Temptation Richard Street

marv2
02-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Rich Street
Ladies and gentlemen the legendary Richard Street Sr passes away...MY Father is in the lords hands.

Do you mean Richard Street Jr.?

JimBagley
02-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Richard Street's voice was "Heavenly".

BayouMotownMan
02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Susaye announced Richard's passing on Facebook

gary
02-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Cornelius Grant and GC Cameron are also reporting Richard's death on their fb pages.

I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations
02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Wow...this is shocking
Another Temptation gone smh

My heart goes out to his family and friends rip

BayouMotownMan
02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Was he ill?

theboyfromxtown
02-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Yes he was. For quite some time too.

johnny_raven
02-27-2013, 01:55 PM
http://www.michronicleonline.com/index.php/entertainment/9832-motown-great-richard-street-dead-at-70

theboyfromxtown
02-27-2013, 02:01 PM
John

Thank you for that link which I've re-posted elsewhere.

Soul Sister
02-27-2013, 02:05 PM
theboyfromxtown,
I am so sorry to hear this.
You and Richard's family have my deepest sympathies.

Thanks for all the great music, Richard.
"Firefly" is one of my favorites.

God Bless,
S.S.

jaybs
02-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Rest in Peace Richard for the Music you brought us! - rich memories no one can ever take away! Thanks

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
02-27-2013, 02:37 PM
So very sorry to hear this news.

My thoughts and prayers are with Richard's family and friends, especially Michele.

Richard gave us some great music and that smile of his exuded so much charm and charisma. Thank you for being a huge part of the soundtrack of our lives.

May Richard Rest In Peace..

~~Mary~~

RossHolloway
02-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Such sad news.

Roberta75
02-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Such sad news.

Very Sad for Richards family and fans but we must all take comfort knowing that he now in heaven with the great Almighty and making sweet music in the heavenly mansion with Paul Williams and David Ruffin and Melvin Franklin and Eddie Kendricks.

As it is written in the good book of Luke:

"And as God said to him, Truly I say to you that today you will be with me for eternity n Paradise.”

Mr Richard Street is now in Paradise with his maker and his lord and Savior and his Temptation brothers.

Roberta

Ngroove
02-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Always a beautiful piece to remember him by, whenever popping in my EMPERORS OF SOUL CDs.

RIP Richard Street, fourth longest-staying member of the Temptations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2gL4De5Wnc

soulwally
02-27-2013, 04:32 PM
I posted my tribute to a great, great singer and personality on the main forum.

BayouMotownMan
02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
The cause of death is being reported as pulmonary embolism. He had experienced blockage before as I recall.

Ironically Damon Harris and Richard Street joined the Temptations within days of each other [[officially). And they died the same way

marv2
02-27-2013, 05:54 PM
This is a shock and sad news indeed. I grew up with his cousins and just saw John a few weeks ago at my cousin's birthday party. Richard was great. Great singer, great performer and all around entertainer. I don't know what to say at this moment.

Marv

marv2
02-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Richard use to date Diane, while Melvin dated Mary back in the day. Wayyyy back in Detroit.

johnny_raven
02-27-2013, 06:27 PM
I wonder how Carolyn Gill is taking the news?

Kamasu_Jr
02-27-2013, 06:59 PM
I send my condolences to Cal and her son and Richard Street's family.

theboyfromxtown
02-27-2013, 07:02 PM
I wonder how Carolyn Gill is taking the news?

It's my concern too and I don't know at present. But I do expect Cal to be most concerned about her son......and her grandson.

theboyfromxtown
02-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Cal is on Facebook. She doesn't use it much but she's there.

Motown4Ever518
02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
When I think about Mr. Street, Class Act is what comes to mind.
May you R.I.P.

theboyfromxtown
03-02-2013, 06:40 PM
http://www.smoothradio.co.uk/shows-presenters/dave-browns-motown-show/featured-artists/richard-street-special/55be5

marv2
03-02-2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.smoothradio.co.uk/shows-presenters/dave-browns-motown-show/featured-artists/richard-street-special/55be5

Thank you theboyfromxtown, but I don't think we are allowed to view this in the U.S. I wished I could though.

stephanie
03-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Im sorry to hear this RIP Mr Street.

soulwally
03-03-2013, 06:54 PM
John, thanks for the link. Interesting... but there's understandably a lot of bitterness about his place in the Temptations history - missing out on the beginning of the trail of hits, and his departure. I suspect there's a little rewriting of history going on, a little bigging up of his role in certain events. And of course his distance from Otis is oh so obvious.

calibaby
03-06-2013, 10:46 PM
The deaths of Richard Street and Damon Harris gave me impetus to look at many YouTube videos of the Tempts, my all-time favorite group. I loved what each man brought to the group. So sorry for their passing. Even at 70 and 62, they were still young. Now they're forever young.

I saw a video of Otis speaking in London with his current line-up and saw a video of them performing. I have to say it was not at all entertaining. The men came off as the kind of fat old uncles you'd see at a family dinner; they sang off-key, and Otis remarked that his criteria for the group was talent second, and being able to take orders first. That explained why they couldn't sing.

I figured out that, after being overshadowed in swoonability by Eddie, David, and then the two young guns, Richard and Damon, Otis decided to use his veto power to get a line-up of men who were not good-looking, with whom he didn't have to compete in that respect. Too bad. I wouldn't pay a dime to go see them. They look like overstuffed penguins. Ron Tyson, the only good-looking guy in the group who never smiles when he performs, looks like he's biding his time until Otis retires or otherwise disappears, and he can take over.

Why were the Tempts so popular? We women swooned over them. And another thing: the fat guys can't move. They clap hands...like penguins!

zebop
03-08-2013, 04:50 PM
The deaths of Richard Street and Damon Harris gave me impetus to look at many YouTube videos of the Tempts, my all-time favorite group. I loved what each man brought to the group. So sorry for their passing. Even at 70 and 62, they were still young. Now they're forever young.

I saw a video of Otis speaking in London with his current line-up and saw a video of them performing. I have to say it was not at all entertaining. The men came off as the kind of fat old uncles you'd see at a family dinner; they sang off-key, and Otis remarked that his criteria for the group was talent second, and being able to take orders first. That explained why they couldn't sing.

I figured out that, after being overshadowed in swoonability by Eddie, David, and then the two young guns, Richard and Damon, Otis decided to use his veto power to get a line-up of men who were not good-looking, with whom he didn't have to compete in that respect. Too bad. I wouldn't pay a dime to go see them. They look like overstuffed penguins. Ron Tyson, the only good-looking guy in the group who never smiles when he performs, looks like he's biding his time until Otis retires or otherwise disappears, and he can take over.

Why were the Tempts so popular? We women swooned over them. And another thing: the fat guys can't move. They clap hands...like penguins!

The current Tempts are strug-gul-ling. It's such a far cry from the way it used to be. More often than not on this recent CD's, it's a lot of hollering for naught, none of the polish and true camaraderie they had even in the '90s, early '90s that is. After they lost Melvin and Richard Street left, they weren't the same....