PDA

View Full Version : Let's celebrate our legends while they're here!

test

jboy88
02-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Like many of you, Ralph’s post about Otis Williams this pastweekend gave me quite a scare! However, to me it served as a reminder that our heroesin music are also mortal human beings and despite having made timeless classisthat will last forever, they won't . Because the music still sounds so freshand have been preserved very well, I have a tendency to forget that these are 40-50 plus year old recordings and the artists that made it who are living, aregetting older and one day, they too will have left us. Though I want themaround for at least another ten years or so, it’s all up to a higher power.
With all this in mind I think that we should take time to appreciate and acknowledge them while they’re still with us. Pray forthem regardless of health and well being. There may have been some times wherethey might have made mistakes and done things that we don’t all agree with. Wemay even become at odds over who’s right and who’s wrong. At the end of theday, what really matters about the music of Motown, is that they brought us somuch joy, made us dance made us laugh cry and maybe even have contributed tobringing in more life.
So I personallywant to take some time to thank everyone involve during this era. To Otis,Smokey, Stevie, Diana, Gladys and all of the artists, writers, producersmusicians and everyone involved to make it possible and to those who help keepit alive. Thank you for all of the great music. For getting me through somehard times in my life, for all the stories, for all the joy and the inspirationfor my own creativity and expression. And for being a link to the past, and forserving as the gateway for my appreciation for all things music.
I love you all and am forever grateful.

Roberta75
02-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Like many of you, Ralph’s post about Otis Williams this pastweekend gave me quite a scare! However, to me it served as a reminder that our heroesin music are also mortal human beings and despite having made timeless classisthat will last forever, they won't . Because the music still sounds so freshand have been preserved very well, I have a tendency to forget that these are 40-50 plus year old recordings and the artists that made it who are living, aregetting older and one day, they too will have left us. Though I want themaround for at least another ten years or so, it’s all up to a higher power.
With all this in mind I think that we should take time to appreciate and acknowledge them while they’re still with us. Pray forthem regardless of health and well being. There may have been some times wherethey might have made mistakes and done things that we don’t all agree with. Wemay even become at odds over who’s right and who’s wrong. At the end of theday, what really matters about the music of Motown, is that they brought us somuch joy, made us dance made us laugh cry and maybe even have contributed tobringing in more life.
So I personallywant to take some time to thank everyone involve during this era. To Otis,Smokey, Stevie, Diana, Gladys and all of the artists, writers, producersmusicians and everyone involved to make it possible and to those who help keepit alive. Thank you for all of the great music. For getting me through somehard times in my life, for all the stories, for all the joy and the inspirationfor my own creativity and expression. And for being a link to the past, and forserving as the gateway for my appreciation for all things music.
I love you all and am forever grateful.

Thank you for a real classy and heartfelt and touching post jboy88. I agree with everything you said and Id also like to thank first and foremost the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves for all the joy and love and happiness and inspiration shes given me and for being the greatest singer on the motown label IMO. Id also like to thank Mr Berry Gordy and Mr Stevie Wonder and Mr Smokey robinson and Miss Diane Ross and Miss Brenda Holloway and Miss mary Wilson and all the great stars that made the sound of motown so magical for me and million of others.

Lets praise these great artists instead of thrashing them and let us thank our Heavenly father for sending all i have mentioned to share there gifts with the world.

In sincere gratitude.

Roberta

jobeterob
02-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Awesome.

Excellent posts jboy and Roberta.

I'm sure most of us totally agree with your sentiments.

If we should all have one new rule here, it should be to not be rude, mean, intolerant of all these people you've mentioned. They are all human beings, flawed and good, some responsible for huge pop and R & B hits, and all aging and gradually slipping away on us.

Celebrate not denigrate.

alexgarret
02-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Absolutely - celebrate, not deginertate Mary, Martha, Diana and all the divas of the era - we love them all.

Roberta75
02-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Yes we do alexgarrets and welcome aboard you will love this forum and jobeterob thank you for you kind words. You are a real classy gentleman.

Fondly.

Roberta