PDA

View Full Version : They Shall Be Mine - Rev. Colmbus Mann - Tracklisting Mistake

test

backflipboy
02-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Just received my copy from Amazon, while ripping it for my music server realised that tracks 3 and 4 have been incorrectly labeled ........

Track 3 is I just Rose To Tell You and Track 4 is They Shall Be Mine.

Whatever happened to quality control ?

KTF

Kev

Kamasu_Jr
02-26-2013, 03:02 PM
This was desperately wanted by some Motown completists.

Kamasu_Jr
02-26-2013, 03:04 PM
This was issued by a public domain company. I don't think perfection is on their minds. I bet it's not even a good album.

Roger Polhill
02-26-2013, 06:56 PM
I can`t wait to receive mine. Look forward to them releasing "Return Of The Blues Boss" just to get the unreleased on CD "Money [[That`s What I Want)"

calvin
02-27-2013, 09:56 AM
I can`t wait to receive mine. Look forward to them releasing "Return Of The Blues Boss" just to get the unreleased on CD "Money [[That`s What I Want)"

Just got mine today.

Regarding Amos Milburn - "Blues Boss" is a 1963 LP [[according to Both Sides Now). I think that means it will be under copyright for 70 years due to the change in the European law [[?). I never understood why "Money" wasn't on "The Motown Sessions" cd - that cd is only 52 minutes long, there was plenty of space for it. Did they simply make a mistake, or was there a reason not to include it?

Kamasu_Jr
03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
As I stated previously, They "Shall Be Mine" isn't a typical Motown Sound album, but it was pretty progressive for its time.THE REVEREND COLUMBUS MANN was no Marvin Gaye, but he was fiery and could shout. The choir backing him was arranged and directed by Mattie Clark, who was the mother of the Clark Sisters. I liked They Shall Be Mine, the single.