PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Who's Gonna Take The Blame

test

captainjames
02-25-2013, 10:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSOXQLmm3wo
This song had such a strong story line written by Nick Ashford [[R.I.P) and Valerie Simpson. Does anyone know any history about this song and if it was ever recorded by anyone else ?

marv2
02-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Although I was still a kid when this one came out, it holds quite a few strong memories for me. Excellent song.

Kamasu_Jr
02-25-2013, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSOXQLmm3wo
This song had such a strong story line written by Nick Ashford [[R.I.P) and Valerie Simpson. Does anyone know any history about this song and if it was ever recorded by anyone else ?
There was a discussion about this song- written by Ashford & Simpson - on the forum years ago. I like it too.

captainjames
02-25-2013, 04:43 PM
I just think Smokey and the Miracles sound on this was like pure silk and it actually brings a tear to my eye.

reese
02-25-2013, 04:57 PM
One of my favorite Miracles records.

I went to see Smokey in concert a few months ago, and he would take requests if he chose your card [[filled out prior to the show). I was hoping that mine would get picked so that I could call out this song, especially since the fans weren't being too adventurous with their choices. But I wonder if he would even remember it.

Motown4Ever518
02-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I remember when the song came out thinking it was too full of drama, but I was a 15 year old know it all. Ironically how would I know that Ashford R.I.P. and Simpson become my favorite songwriters. I like the song and the production a lot more nowadays.

arrr&bee
02-28-2013, 11:20 AM
I was thinking this song recently,i thought it was one of the coolest things that the miracles ever did when it came out with it's serious feel and story,a miracles classic.

marv2
02-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I was thinking this song recently,i thought it was one of the coolest things that the miracles ever did when it came out with it's serious feel and story,a miracles classic.

I just seem to remember it being played often on the radio during the summer of 1970