PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody remember a group called The Larks

test

goomba
02-24-2013, 11:48 AM
When attending high school in Philadelphia, Pa. in the mid/late 60's aspiring singers/groups would frequently go in the boys bathrooms and harmonize/sing popular songs. One of the songs that always stayed in my mine was called Fabulous Cars and Diamond Rings by the Larks. Does anybody remember this song/group? Also, what other songs do you remember guys getting together either in school bathrooms or on the street corners to sing during the 60's era.;)

smooth
02-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Good Morning Goomba...

There were several groups known as the Larks.

Back in the day groups named themselves after Birds-Cars ans even Wristwatches.
The Bathrooms had Great Acoustics and were frequently used for Tight Harmonies.
The Street Corner was the FIRST STAGE because it was illuminated and would draw attention.

**************THERE WERE MANY STREET CORNER-BATHROOM HARMONY SONGS********

Your A Thousand Miles Away
Daddy's Home
Why Do Fools Fall In Love
Blue Moon
My True Story
Under The Boardwalk
You Belong To Me

The Coasters, Drifters,The Four Seasons, Dion and The Belmonts and the Moonglows Songs were always fun to sing.

There was always one neighbor in every community within close distance who would either throw water out on you ,call the Cops or Beg you to SHUT UP!

Oh those days of innocence...NO ONE PULLED OUT AN UZI [[ SMILE)

Abraham Smooth Wilson

MIKEW-UK
02-24-2013, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZLpZtcMAoU

MIKEW-UK
02-24-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9zpo2dIIno

robb_k
02-24-2013, 12:54 PM
When attending high school in Philadelphia, Pa. in the mid/late 60's aspiring singers/groups would frequently go in the boys bathrooms and harmonize/sing popular songs. One of the songs that always stayed in my mine was called Fabulous Cars and Diamond Rings by the Larks. Does anybody remember this song/group? Also, what other songs do you remember guys getting together either in school bathrooms or on the street corners to sing during the 60's era.;)
Yes, I remember that Larks group. "Fabulous Cars and Diamond Rings" [[on Guyden Records) was a minor hit in some markets. They were a group from Ohio, not to be confused with Weldon McDougall's Larks from Philadelphia, or Don Julian's Meadowlarks-changed to Larks from L.A.. or New York's Larks on Apollo Records.

I heard young groups singing:
Over The Rainbow
In The Still of the Nite
Sincerely
I Love You So
Earth Angel
A Thousand Miles Away
Only You
My Prayer
Blue Moon
Why Do Fools Fall In Love
A Sunday Kind of Love
Whispering Bells
Up On The Mountain
At My Front Door
Stormy Weather
Golden Teardrops
Why Don't You Write Me
Most of All
Oh What A Nite
Gloria

goomba
02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
SMOOTH, MIKEW-UK, ROBB_K:

Thanks for your feedback. I found the song "fabulous cars and diamond rings" on Youtube and on Amazon, it was on the album The Best of the Larks. YEAH :) that is the one I remember. I tried to post the Youtube version without success. Maybe one of you can help!

marv2
02-24-2013, 02:47 PM
I remember them.

MIKEW-UK
02-24-2013, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDHa8pHO3JM

goomba
02-24-2013, 03:00 PM
MIKEW-UK:

Thanks so much! That song brings back so many memories!:)